Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Diana_CT

A pleasant Sunday morning and my reading this morning was 133.

I imagine that there will be charcoal burnin' everywhere this evening with the smell of steaks grilling  in the air. 

adiantum

I've not heard of childrens day before......... what a wonderful tradition.

Dogs Day in the park gatecrashing  with the cocker spaniels . so I take a fold up camping chair  &  sit for 2 hrs watching them .

Packing up to leave I notice the strain on the stitches on my chair.

Oooooh that couldve been  a comedy scene for spectators. with my butt going through the seat & me mangled within the metal.

Wheres the quality control? I paid $5 for that chair just 20years ago :rofl:

IrinaHarr

187 today, back to fasting routine this Monday morning.

Back from dog show in downtown St. Paul, MN. Exhausted. Cannot drive up to the door and just setup for the show, its a convention center - paid parking, load the wagon, get two strong terriers (they do not look it but there is muscle there), walk to elevator, walk through skywalk for half mile. Getting back worse, going back is uphill incline. Drive back home for 7 hrs. We did get a small rosette for our efforts, some people went home with nothing.

Staying at hotels is strange, they do not go in to clean and tidy up unless you ask them (covid thing). So, same sheets for 4 days, bags of trash being put in the hallway for staff to pick up and I had to go ask for towels, etc. Felt a little unclean, took long hot shower when we got home and washed every scrap of fabric from my travel bag. Time to plant the garden :)

Hammer

A 78 (4.33) today.  I met my friend for an early dinner yesterday at a local restaurant, and I noticed that 1/3 to 1/2 of the customers there were not wearing masks, which is fine with me.  After we ate, I got up to pay the bill and leave, and I got really lightheaded, and had to hold on to anything that was near me, and my friend grabbed me to keep me from falling down.  She asked the staff there, for a chair for me to sit in, which they brought to me immediately.  I sat in it, and if they hadn't of brought me a chair, I would have fallen to the floor.  I seem to have this issue with getting up from a very relaxed position, and trying to walk, which causes me to get light headed.  I managed to make it out to my Dodge Durango SUV, which I had driven to my friend's house to loan it to her since her car was having problems.  She insisted that she drive it, since I was still shaky, so I let her.  She drove me home, which was the original plan, and she was going to take the SUV back to her house until her vehicle was fixed.  I always let her borrow my SUV since I don't drive it that often.  Heck, I lent it to her last year to go hunting, and she kept it for 4 months, then brought it back the first week of January, and it's been sitting in my driveway ever since, which was 4 months.  At least she puts some miles on it, which is good for a vehicle.

FunDad62
10 minutes ago, Hammer said:

I seem to have this issue with getting up from a very relaxed position, and trying to walk, which causes me to get light headed.

My father had what was called orthostatic hypotension.  BP would drop drastically when he stood up and he would get just like you did.

Hammer

I've had really low blood pressure before, and it didn't feel like this.  When I had low blood pressure, I felt lethargic, and just wanted to lay down.  When I felt lethargic, I knew that my blood pressure was low, so I checked it and it was 75 over 50, which is really low.  I've felt light headed recently, and it seems that I am dehydrated, so when I got home from the restaurant, I chugged down a ½ liter bottle of water, and I felt fine.  I checked my blood pressure when I got home, and it was 111 over 58, so it wasn't bad.

adiantum

Gee you worked hard for that weekend Irina,  so I'm glad you received  that rozette .

Yesterday I took the empty bottles & cans to the refund depot. They have cluttered the porch far too long. 

I keep them for a friend but havnt seen her since easter & my dog was too sick to be worried about bottles.

To encourage recycing,theres bottle depots in many suburbs where you feed the empties down a chute, & select bank deposit or a voucher for payment of 10c per item.  ... I'm rich, I'm rich...I now have a voucher for $36 with the benefit of  space on the porch &  learnt a new activity.

The voucher gets cashed in at the supermarket.

adiantum

i once said how I'd be terrified of volcanos so am amazed at the image of Icelanders in such close proximity looking at lava flow

?rc=img&pid=37dda99cf09e&size=160
Free online jigsaw puzzle game
www.jigsawplanet.com

janice21475
22 hours ago, Hammer said:

. . . . . I seem to have this issue with getting up from a very relaxed position, and trying to walk, which causes me to get light headed. 

Very smooth transition you made here, from speaking of practically passing out in a restaurant to loaning a car. I hope you pay closer attention to the first issue ASAP.  We don't want to lose your input on the forum.

meyery2k

101 today.  Lava is a primordial experience.  That is really the only description I can offer.  I have been within a few feet of it, seen it fountaining, and seen a churning lake.

Hammer
3 hours ago, janice21475 said:

Very smooth transition you made here, from speaking of practically passing out in a restaurant to loaning a car. I hope you pay closer attention to the first issue ASAP.  We don't want to lose your input on the forum.

Janice, the issue is that I am dehydrated.  I drink very little water, as I am never thirsty.  I got my blood work results back last week, and my urea nitrogen, blood levels were normal, indicating that I wasn't dehydrated, which surprised me.  I've been trying to drink more water, and since then, I haven't felt light headed.  

adiantum

Hmmm a primordial experience... I'll change my way of thinking & not imagining it will get me & i'll be carved out like Pompeii victims .

The dog park yesterday had a big dog, maybe bull arab , without a human companion.

I had a bag of treats which he enjoyed, as long as I threw them & kept my distance.

I was hoping he'd get close so I could get his phone number from the tag on his neck.

Dogs love their parks so much that its the first place they head to  after escaping home. A Beagle I knew had travelled a mile crossing two very busy roads to get there. I returned to that park at sunset for him  but he wasnt there. I assume the Ranger was called.