Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

7.4 Its 5C/41F  & the cold air is keeping the sounds of the traffic down low.

It's 6am & the roads sound incredibly busy with everyone going to work.....makes me appreciate retirement

Diana_CT

I forgot to take my Trulicity this week, as a result my reading have been very high this week and last week I forgot to bring my meter with me to the Cape.

FunDad62

Happy Thursday everyone.  Going to visit mom for a few days this afternoon.  Her house is going to be re-carpeted and she wants me to come help her prepare and start picking things up and moving them.  Small stuff.  No furniture.  The carpet guys will do that part.

@adiantum - How I wish I could retire now.  After 31 years in this career, my work attitude and morale are in the pits.  And I've always been a hard worker.  Heck I don't want to quit working completely but I really do want to scale back and do something different.  But I have at least 5 more years in corporate.  Alimony stops after that.

IrinaHarr

191 again, I have to talk to my doctor this is not going away by itself..

adiantum

6.8 after another sleepin. Woke at 5 for the bathroom but returned to bed  only to be woken at 10am by a lawn mower in the street.

Hang in there FunDad & perhaps prepare for those good times now by doing a course in a subject that will make those later years even greater. Photography?

I'm so glad I studied horticulture. Not only did it pay my mortgage but left me with skills to notice & identify plants as I drive past etc but even greater it enhanced my love of Australian flora & fauna. Its a pleasure to sit by a native tree & recognise its modifications to evolve to that soil it embraces.

Having freed myself from two marriages was enough for me, so took no alimony.

Perhaps foolish, as Ive not even inherited any monies either, so its been a challenge at times but I'm content with my bit.

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

The nearest Walmart from the cottage is an hour away. Big box stores are few and far between and tend to be around the lower Cape and not around the outer Cape. The nearest Home Depot is 40 minutes away, so I tend to use the local ACE hardware stores. 

Just for perspective when you cross onto the Cape by the Sagamore bridge it is still a 50 minute drive to where I am on the Cape and to Provincetown at the very tip of the Cape is another 15 minutes. From the bridge to where you are staring at the Atlantic Ocean at the tip is about 75 miles (120K). BTW US Rt 6 starts in Provincetown and goes all the way to Bishop California, some 3205 miles (5158K).

Also since gasoline has to be trucked all the way to end of the Cape gas is about 30 cents more so that you want to fill up on the mainland. 

adiantum

7.8 No idea why.. the cup of home made mexican soup I had before bed wasnt carby.

Diana thanks for the Route 6  reference..now I wonder why theres so much put on Route 66..is it just to rhyme for the song?

Chubby Checker  to Nat King Cole... now I'm wide awake :D

TX_Clint
3 hours ago, adiantum said:

7.8 No idea why.. the cup of home made mexican soup I had before bed wasnt carby.

Diana thanks for the Route 6  reference..now I wonder why theres so much put on Route 66..is it just to rhyme for the song?

Chubby Checker  to Nat King Cole... now I'm wide awake :D

George R. Stewart said 

"Route 6 runs uncertainly from nowhere to nowhere, scarcely to be followed from one end to the other, except by some devoted eccentric".

Eastbound signage

Below is the famed Rt.66

Route 66 | Construction, Popular Culture, & Facts | Britannica

IrinaHarr

161 today at 5am, may be I just need to wake up early to test?