Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

7.2  I've got a sleeping disease. :D I slept 10 hrs last night  . Yesterday a friend commented I looked really tired but I actually felt unwell.

Came home & had a 4hr nap, only to be woken by someone knocking at the door. I caused her concern as she assumed the worst when her many attempts were ignored. I'd only heard one knock & a second knock while on my way to the door. My dog had slept through  the commotion also.

She'd been ringing the door bell & tried ringing me 5 times.

My phone & door bell remote were in the office , so Ive since put the latter in my bedroom & must keep my phone near me in future. Her next step was assuming I was dead to get the spare key out of hiding. 

Ouch Mike... but it couldve been worse... It couldve been your car.

Irina, people here put bay leaves throughout the pantry to keep moths out.

Diana_CT

My numbers are slowly coming down from missing to take Trulicity.

I have company at the cottage so my posts have been hit or miss, last night we all went down to watch the sunset.

DSC_5281_2_3_Balanced-1.JPG

IrinaHarr

172 today, getting ready for a business meeting in the afternoon. I was shopping without mask yesterday, mask mandate expired here and all those who got vaccinated can walk around without a mask. Gotta brush my teeth extra hard now everyone can see my smile¬†ūüėÄ

janice21475
15 hours ago, adiantum said:

She'd been ringing the door bell & tried ringing me 5 times.

Lee, According to my calendar, in your Country today is National Sorry Day. Hope you have a nice Holiday. :)

adiantum

Yes Janice, 26th is National Sorry Day, reflecting upon the day the gov actually said 'sorry' for the removal of indigenous children from their family.

It was the belief that white people knew how children should be raised so they set out & stole the children from aboriginal families. 

Horrific stories have come about of that shameful practice.

Last night I sat in the garden watching the super lunar eclipse. This universe  puts on some great displays . &  its much  appreciation from me.

Thanks FunDad. If theres one thing I excell at, it's sleeping. I mostly fall asleep within a minute of my head on the pillow & then  go into a really deep sleep .

A few times I'm wondering if its a coma when I'm not in a sleep nor wake category.

I'm aware of my surrounds yet cant move, not even open my eyes, speak etc. The last time I could hear my dog be naughty & bark at the neighbours dog.

I could hear him run through the house to the bedroom door & back outside again as if he came to check I was still asleep.

So, even in my coma I was still amused at his antics but couldnt do a thing about it.

I have tell myself to go back to sleep. I always thought this was normal for everyone ... guess I'm just not normal :rofl:

FunDad62

Our CEO has graciously given us tomorrow as a company holiday as well as Monday for Memorial Day.¬† It'll be nice to be able to work undisturbed on those days off.¬†¬†ūüôĄ

janice21475
12 hours ago, adiantum said:

Yes, 26th is National Sorry Day, reflecting upon the day the gov actually said 'sorry' for the removal of indigenous children from their family.

It was the belief that white people knew how children should be raised so they set out & stole the children from aboriginal families. 

Horrific stories have come about of that shameful practice.

Lee, Our culture has similar grievous accounts against the American Indian populations here. Thank you for explaining the reason for a day to be so named.  I am certainly 'sorry' for our part in this history.

Edited by janice21475

adiantum

Janice, our aboriginals are the oldest surviving race on the planet, yet the Brits of the day declared they new best on raising children.

This is Reconciliation week and it is hoped museums , universities & private collectors return stolen body parts to allow the descendants give them a burial in their own land. Not only were they murdered but  their heads etc were removed & taken " to study".

Diana, I love that photo...& its good to see visitors keep to the path to protect the vegetation. Heath survives the harshest conditions with drying strong winds each plant has to stand up to. I like to eye off a 6ft square & see or even identify all the different plants in that square.

Edited by adiantum

IrinaHarr

156 today. It is nice to go everywhere without a mask and see people smile; those shoppers that still wear a mask give me the shaming stare. Ha!  Tough cheese :)

Diana_CT

Reading was135 this morning.

We went to watch a sunset at Lieutenant Island in Wellfleet.

DSC_5324_5_6_Detailed-1.JPG

IrinaHarr

164 today, we have nice cool down here and temp tonight will be 43F. I love it! Low humidity with a whiff of chilly wind - nothing to worry about, sweatshirt is a great fix for too cool a day with plenty sunshine¬†ūüĆě

Hammer

A 75 (4.17) today.  So far, my weight loss is up to 40 pounds (18 kg).  Once I lose another 25 pounds (11 kg), I'll see how I look.  If I'm still not happy with how I look, I'll see how much more I can lose before I drop dead. :rofl:

ran23

I was happy when I lost 95 lbs, wasn't ready for a closet of fat clothes and nothing to wear.  I did get off my cholesterol med's.  Overall health was better. 

Hammer
14 minutes ago, ran23 said:

I was happy when I lost 95 lbs, wasn't ready for a closet of fat clothes and nothing to wear.  I did get off my cholesterol med's.  Overall health was better. 

Well, before I got so fat, I had smaller clothes that I wore, and I saved those clothes.  Now that I've lost weight, I had to pull out those smaller clothes because the clothes that I was wearing, were too big on me.  I hate to buy clothes, as I feel that it's a waste of money, so I keep all of my old clothes so that, in the event that I lose or gain weight, I will always have clothes that fit me.  Since I first decided to lose weight, some 10 years ago, I have lost a total of 95 pounds, but my weight loss stopped at 55 pounds, and I couldn't lose anymore....until I started this starvation diet, as I call it.  Now with the additional 40 pound weight loss, my total weight loss is 95 pounds, but I'm still not happy with my fat stomach, which is the last place that men lose weight.  Once I lose enough weight to where my stomach doesn't look too fat, then I will be happy.  No other diet has worked for me, so that's why I decided to make my own "starvation diet".  Yes, I eat very little food, but the thing is, I am never hungry, so why force myself to eat, if I am not hungry?  I don't feel weak or run down, so apparently, my diet isn't being detrimental to my health.  If I were to feel that it was affecting my health, I would change it, but until that happens, I will stick to my "starvation diet".

adiantum

7 on this windy, chilly Saturday. That was an interesting week.

I saw the blood moon.

There mustve been 300 Corellas in the park yesterday & I saw 2 drinking salt water from the lake & was so amazed that I told another dog woman in the park. she said she thought they were all rolling around on the ground  fighting during the week but realised they were mating. Glad she took a video of it....  but it did seem intrusive watching  a cockatoo orgy.

I drive past a school playground to get to that park & noticed a castor oil plant Ricinus communis growing by the back gate. That plant is toxic & could be fatal should a child eat the seeds assuming it was bush tucker. I emailed the school about it & was delighted to see that the  tree had gone yesterday.

Ive waited 2 days without success for the handyman to turn up & change the wick on my kerosene heater. Not happy!!

Irina, I'd still be wearing a mask just to be sure you still dont catch covid even if it would be mild. so far, only astra zenica is available for my age group & I wont have that one.