Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

ran23

I'll be out of state for a while.  Not sure if I can check in out there.    life.    back soon

FunDad62

Hottest week of the year so far here.  90 every day.  Supposed to get some rain this afternoon that will bring temps back down to normal.

Come on October.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 132.

We had about 3 inches (7.6 cm) of rain yesterday and we tied the record lowest high temperature.

FunDad62

@adiantum - No not 90's at night.  This heat is a unusual for May.  It's definitely going to get hotter.  Nights in summer here are usually high 70's.  That's my marker for making it through another Florida summer.  The first night it gets in to the 60's usually in October!

IrinaHarr

162 today, its still 64F today and very nice, cloudy and still, cool dry air is very pleasant. Planting some perennials today, went to Menards on Friday and they just rolled in couple tall shelves with $6 per pot flowering plants - I got enough to extend my daffodils bed and tuck some divided perennials in between. Next year both will grow together and the fading daf's foliage will be sot of screened by emerging penstemon, tuckseed, veronica and bee balm. Bees will be happy :)

Diana_CT
2 hours ago, meyery2k said:

87 again.  Rain squall off the coast...

May be an image of ocean, cloud, nature and text

Off the Atlantic coast here looks exactly the same as there. Rain squalls with gusting winds. Only thing is that it is only 50 here. 

adiantum

Yesterdays wind was too cold to stay longer in the park to watch the medieval group  do their thing.

The chainmail armour costumes  were great & those  jousting sticks looked menacing.

They'd set up a long table so I assumed a feast was going to happen.

Hammer

A 74 (4.11) today.  We had rain move in and the temperature dropped to a nice 47°F (4.4°C).  I'm hoping that the temperatures stay that low for a while, but I doubt that will happen, since it's the end of May.

Diana_CT

162 was my reading this morning.

Heading home this morning, the contractor will be out today to replace the 70s era windows with new thermal pane windows.

FunDad62

Happy Memorial Day everyone.  Remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.  😥

adiantum

1st day of Winter Downunder.

The Bouganvillea & Camelia are in full bloom as its a colourful season down here.

I googled thermal windows, I guess they'd be good to block noise too, maybe if you lived near a busy trainline.

single pane is the usual around here.

Hammer

A 42 (2.33) today.  I also have thermal pane windows, as well as storm windows, and since I never push up the storm windows and pull down the screens in the summer, that means that I have three three panes of glass in all of my windows, all year round.

adiantum

Sneezing & runny nose this morning causing panic stations.........probably from dust but it seems covid  is always on my mind.

IrinaHarr

161 today. I was mostly in my back yard during long Memorial Day weekend and noticed several households had family and friends visiting and a lot of happy voices were heard. Here people shrug off masks and covid restrictions fast, once you do that you do not want even remember what it was like during covid year.

Back to 90F on Sunday, I really liked cool 62F weather - dig in the garden, hug the pups :)

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 134.

Very busy day yesterday with meetings in Hartford, my reading was 138.