Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

FunDad62

Chugging along with good numbers and all of the sudden three or four days of bad numbers.  Go figure.

IrinaHarr

161 today, still working on lowering my wake up BG numbers.

adiantum

Had another 'what's it all about' day when  the last of my lovely former neighbours died.

It was a small street with residents of different ages  & even our dogs got on well together.

15 lovely people have now died...leaving just me & I wasnt the youngest.

Hammer

An 86 (4.78) today.  My weight loss is coming along nicely.  Since I started this "diet" 3½ months ago, I've lost 45 pounds (20 kg).  I started trying to lose weight some 10 years ago, when I hated how fat I was.  I lost some weight at first, but the weight loss stopped for a few years.  I then tried a different diet, and I lost some more weight, but that weight loss stopped.  This happened until I started this diet.  Since my first diet 10 years ago, I've lost 100 pounds (45 kg) total so far.  It'll be interesting to see how much more weight I'll be able to lose.

FunDad62

@Hammer - What diet are you following?  You probably posted it already but I missed it.

@adiantum - Sorry for the loss of your friend.  I've been thinking about death and dying a lot lately for some reason.  Looking for a book or two on the subject and how to not worry about it so much.

adiantum

I'd not worry about it but we should all make plans..wills etc

Saying that, I do worry that I go before my dog. It would be very hard for him without his security & comfort.

This last friend that died was such a fitness fanatic that I thought he'd live forever.

IrinaHarr

162 today. Believe it or not I have provision for my dogs in the will, they go to a person who will make sure they are comfortable and will find them really good new homes if I die.

meyery2k

I have closely observed 3 deaths of people and many pets.  I am sure there are exceptions but, in every case I had first hand experience, the people (or pet) seemed to understand it was time to die and accepted it.  My Mom and Grandmother welcomed it as it meant the end of pain and, in my Mom's case, constant depression.  I had a cat that was very ill.  When they prepped him for the barbiturate he was purring and gave all the indications of happiness.  Within 10 seconds of the delivery, he passed.  While sorrowful to watch, I don't think dying is that bad when one is suffering with no hope for relief.

Now that being said, for now, I want to stay here as long as possible lol...

Hammer

An 83 (4.61) today.  Fundad, I lost those 45 pounds by switching from regular beer to lite beer.:rofl:  No actually, my "diet" is not one that I would recommend to anyone.  I call it my "Starvation Diet".  I only eat eggs for breakfast, and no lunch or dinner, and sometimes I don't even feel like eating breakfast.  I will eat a few slices of Swiss Cheese throughout the day, and a few small handfuls of cashews here and there, and I drink water.  Surprisingly, I am never hungry, and I feel fine.  I'm hoping to lose enough weight so that, if my doctor needs me to have a chest X-ray, I can just stand between him and a light bulb and the light will show through my chest.:rofl:

adiantum

I just have to stay alive until my dog goes as  all plans for him have changed. My preferred option is no longer available.

Like you Irina, I also  had his welfare in my will but had to change it. My best friend of 40 years became a mercenary.

I asked her if there was anything of mine she'd like to have but was wary  when she said my dog. Her reasoning was that he loved her.

I dont know where she got that as he's only seen her once because she lives on the other side of the country.

She knows he's terrified of travelling, big dogs, horses etc of which she has many. Since then she has asked if she was in my will.

I told her no, thats why I asked if there was anything she wanted.

Being single & a loner , one values good friends, enjoying a bond which is like the family others have. Yet when family disappoint one usually becomes enraged, but when a friend does it... I could be so blue that i'd  write some great lyrics for a C&W song :rofl: .

TX_Clint
3 hours ago, adiantum said:

I just have to stay alive until my dog goes as  all plans for him have changed. My preferred option is no longer available.

Like you Irina, I also  had his welfare in my will but had to change it. My best friend of 40 years became a mercenary.

I asked her if there was anything of mine she'd like to have but was wary  when she said my dog. Her reasoning was that he loved her.

I dont know where she got that as he's only seen her once because she lives on the other side of the country.

She knows he's terrified of travelling, big dogs, horses etc of which she has many. Since then she has asked if she was in my will.

I told her no, thats why I asked if there was anything she wanted.

Being single & a loner , one values good friends, enjoying a bond which is like the family others have. Yet when family disappoint one usually becomes enraged, but when a friend does it... I could be so blue that i'd  write some great lyrics for a C&W song :rofl: .

Well Lee that sounds pretty sad and I don't have any advice for that. However, if you need some C&W Blues listen to Chris Stapleton.

adiantum

Thanks Clint, but I'm even better then OK. I said 'I could be' but I dont allow myself that depth even if I use music to lift my spirits.

LOL it will never be Chris Stapleton..ooooh that would  be a drop that I've not been before. I used C&W as an example of long lasting sadness .

Willie Nelson is the most country singer I can take  & I do like his voice.

eh....jazz or B.B.King lift my spirits or keep me cool until I sort things out..... & then it's Chuck Berry to get my own party rocking again.

Until something better comes along, I've left notation for my dog to be referred to his groomer for her to find him a human.

FunDad62

And here I am wishing someone would come take this puppy before I die so I can have a good nights sleep, stop having to clean up doggy pee and poo, and let my arms heal from all the bloody scratches!