Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

6.3 on the 6th of June

Big things happened on a  dark moon on the 6th of June.....

Convoy...

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

My reading on this Sunday morning was 133

Yesterday I broke down and turned on the AC, the thermometer crossed the 90 degree (32C) mark for the first time this year and was very muggy and we are supposed to have our first heatwave of the season this week. But the sea breeze finally made it to my house around 6 PM and the temperature fell back into the upper 70s (~26C), so I went out to sit on the deck while I was listening to an audiobook.

I noticed a single firefly blinking its way across my backyard and I felt sorry for him, he was about a week late in hatching. All the other fireflies were out cavorting around my backyard looking for sex about 2 weeks ago, I had dozens flashing their way around my backyard. It was a good year for them.

(Did you know that glow stick were developed from fireflies, they use the same chemicals as the fireflies?)

FunDad62

@adiantum - Convoy...oh does that bring back childhood memories.  I was 14 and LOVED that movie and could (and still can) sing every word to that song.  I happened to be working for a man back then that had a semi-truck and I rode with him often.  Even drove it a few times after I was old enough.  I thought I was so cool sitting in a big truck stop eating lunch with all those big truckers!

June 6th is also the day the judge signed my divorce papers six years ago.  My "d-day".

meyery2k

98 today.

Yesterday started great but ended in the ER.  A car clipped me on the rear wheel.  I took a spill and broke 6 ribs on the left side.  Major road rash.  I think the bike can be fixed.  The frame looks OK but the left hand components and the saddle are trashed.

Still a good day.  I walked away.  I also discovered my camera survived.

May be an image of cloud

ran23

Forgot and tested after Breakfast--108.

Mike, I haven't ridden since college days.  But I could still imagine a accident like that.  6 ribs?   I have broke 2, that took a while.   take care

adiantum

6.7 Ouch Mike.. that will hurt real bad. surely you should claim a new bike as the frame might not be so straight. speedy healing for you is my wish.

Without thinking yesterday I set my chair up in the park right on the bike track. Bikes just rode around me & 2 others  without complaint, while  2 dogs herded them out of the park. Before going through the open gate, the rider got off his bike & I felt fear for the dogs. No need .. that lovely rider only  got off to tell the dogs to get back into the park.

Loved the fireflies  experience, you make good posts Diana.

FunDad, now you too can have that earworm Convoy on your D day.  What great trucking memories you have. I sometimes  reflect upon the lovely childhood memories of delivering groceries . The shop owner would ask if I wanted to go with him & yay.. I loved it. About 5yr old sitting in a car was a big deal as we didnt have one. Boats & train was our transport. We'd bounce along the gravel road singing " dont sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me ".

It wouldnt be acceptable today.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 138.

Wow! Mike that is why I stopped riding back in the 70s driver just didn't know what "Share the road" meant. 

FunDad62

Glad you didn't get hurt worse Mike.  Broken ribs are the worst.  Not to sound morbid but my oldest brother was an avid bike rider and one night in 2005 he was riding home from work and someone hit him and didn't stop.  A passing car discovered him.  He lived for 6 months but in a vegetative state and finally succumbed to his injuries.  But he was on a very busy, 4-lane road in the pitch black dark.   Had lights on his bike and helmet and all that but yeah, it wasn't enough unfortunately.

IrinaHarr

156 today, Mike take it easy!

FunDad, do you use crate training for the new puppy? Sound like you do too much cleaning after the puppy :)

adiantum

8.5  lots of bladder pain from PFMesh, so no walking today.

First thoughts this morning were wondering how you got any sleep Mike. Like Ran, Ive had 2 broken ribs & sleeping was a challenge.

meyery2k

Last night, it took me a while to contrive a way to sleep in an upright chair with some comfort.  I look ridiculous because I have the injury side of the chair against a heavy desk and propped in the back so it can't tilt back.   I then set up a piano stool to support my legs.  I can then carefully rest on my side and sort of sleep.  I tried all kinds of ideas on the bed but I either move out of position or the bed is just not quite firm enough resulting in pain.

Oddly, the huge road rash on my shoulder is more distracting pain wise than the ribs.

I expected yesterday to be tough, though.

Day of, adrenaline, shock, denial, so on, make it seem no so bad.  Day after, when everything is swelled up and you realize how busted up you are is the worst.  Each day will be a little better.

Stripped the bike down to get it to the shop.  The frame looks ok.  One of the cranks is bent and the rear derailleur is shot.  Those can be replaced.

I am grateful for the pain,  it means I am alive.

meyery2k
5 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Mike, there is one way to help with the pain....whiskey.😄

With the medication I have, whiskey will finish the job the job of doing me in lol...

FunDad62

@IrinaHarr - We have a crate but it is already too small for her.  We have a pen we put her in when we leave the house.  So far the longest we've been gone was yesterday for an hour and a half to go to the DMV.  One of us is pretty much at home all day and night so we just let her roam free in the house and try to keep an eye on her.  And take her outside every hour.

Diana_CT

Today's reading was 139

Yesterday was the 4th day in a row that it was in the 90s (32C) it got to 95 (35C) and then around 5 the seabreeze kicked in dropping the temperature down to 79 (23C). The water temperature in Long Island Sound is 58 (14C) and with the land temperature 95 a strong seabreeze develops and comes 25 miles (40Km) inland to where I live. 

IrinaHarr

195 this morning, very dehydrated. Heat outside plus some kind of tummy bug, trying to drink more water - a small glass every hour. Did not get much sleep 😴

FunDad, roaming is fine on my books however putting puppy in the pen when you might be distracted for 30 sec is ok. NOT giving puppy a chance to go in the house is the point, only outside. I was lucky our new puppy wanted to go outside instead of litter box already, she never used it in our home (our old boy was sleeping in it, something to do with childhood memories); puppy girl had only 2 or 3 accidents and then she learned where to go to the exit to whine (new home, new layout, new rules). Do not feel guilty putting pup in the pen, it is good training - out of the pen go straight outside, puppy does its business, then bring puppy in, after 45 min put back in the pen, stay 15-30 min and repeat. Lots of work but helps to raise agreeable companion.

20200831_145255 (1).jpg