Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

TX_Clint

82 today. Hang in there Mike. Keep working at her Fundad. She'll get the hang of it. I started my boy out by walking him first thing in the morning, at noon, after work, and before bed. He's never messed in the house but wants those routine walks.

meyery2k

Helmets work...

I don't look at this too closely.  That helmet saved my face, teeth, and head!

May be an image of footwear

adiantum

7.3 Helmets certainly saves quality &the life itself. It couldve been another story  other then 6 ribs & skin.

My dogs have never been crated . He'd not had an indoor experience until I blocked the doggie door for added daytime security & forgot to clear it at night. He has better bladder control then I do & can go all night, so before bedtime at 10pm Ive had to take him out into the front garden. 

He assumed it was for us to sit & watch the nightlife, so I started to give him a treat after he pee'd. Last night he  lifted a leg  & pretended to pee & came for his treat.

A lens fell out of my driving glasses yesterday  so I'll have to take them for repairs. Luckily  its sunny this morning ,so I can wear sunglasses as it would  be a challenge to drive in prescription sunglasses on a rainy winters day.

meyery2k
3 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Mike, did the driver that hit you, stop?

I don't know.  I remember getting hit, falling, getting up, and then someone asking if I was OK.  Adrenaline fueled, I stupidly said, "I think so" and they left.   I don't know if that was the driver or someone that saw me down and stopped to check on me.  There were no witnesses and I wouldn't remember make/model or plate number.

IrinaHarr

175 today, I drank a lot of water and many cups of tea. Mike, take it easy - hope doctor gave you some painkillers to be able to sleep.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was a little high, 146.

The seabreeze did it again. It got up in the 90s (32C) yesterday and there was a line of sereve thunderstorms with warnings of large hail and high winds heading for Connecticut. When the storms reached Connecticut they melted to just light rain that you didn't even need an umbrella. It was the seabreeze that cutoff the hot humid air feeding the storms, for me it was amazing, these storms that were causing damage through New York state and western Massachusetts just vanished as they got within 50 miles (80 K) of the shore. 

janice21475
23 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

195 this morning, very dehydrated. Heat outside plus some kind of tummy bug, trying to drink more water - a small glass every hour. Did not get much sleep 😴

FunDad, roaming is fine on my books however putting puppy in the pen when you might be distracted for 30 sec is ok. NOT giving puppy a chance to go in the house is the point, only outside. I was lucky our new puppy wanted to go outside instead of litter box already, she never used it in our home (our old boy was sleeping in it, something to do with childhood memories); puppy girl had only 2 or 3 accidents and then she learned where to go to the exit to whine (new home, new layout, new rules). Do not feel guilty putting pup in the pen, it is good training - out of the pen go straight outside, puppy does its business, then bring puppy in, after 45 min put back in the pen, stay 15-30 min and repeat. Lots of work but helps to raise agreeable companion.

20200831_145255 (1).jpg

That is just too cue for words. Looks like he is daring you to try to move him.

janice21475
13 hours ago, meyery2k said:

"I don't know.  I remember getting hit, falling, getting up, and then someone asking if I was OK." 

Perhaps a camera mounted on the helmet to catch the make/model and possibly a tag??? I so completely sympathize with the ribs. I fell two months ago and broke a rib on the right. Haven't been able to sleep on that side yet. I can finally tell things are healing but oh, so slowly. Doctors essentially say, "Live with it!"   --- I would not want to be that driver for anything. The rest of their life they will regret leaving but I do understand their doing so. Best wishes for a full recovery - soon!

IrinaHarr
2 hours ago, janice21475 said:

That is just too cue for words. Looks like he is daring you to try to move him.

It was hilarious though, he-pup was sleeping in clean pellets and she-pup demanding to go outside. At the breeder's house she was outside a lot in Spring and it might have done the trick - much nicer to pee on the lawn than in smelly litter box. Crate training helps them to get used to to full bladder feeling and not relieve themselves just when they feel like it, puppy can hold as many hours as they are old in months (or so I was told). I never kept them in the crate longer than it takes to do shopping, but overnight they were always staying in the crate / kennel. Now they just go into their crates to sleep when it is late in the day :)

meyery2k

101 today.  A little better today.  Someone asked about meds.  They gave me Ibuprofen and suggested Acetaminophen.  They also gave me Vicodin if I need it.  2 nights I needed it but I try to use it sparingly.  They also prescribed these large lidocaine patches that are effective.  The pain is tolerable.  Really nuisance level most of the time unless I move something wrong.

I have an inspirometer that I have to use every hour I am awake to keep my lungs exercised.  Apparently, instinct is to breathe shallow which can promote pneumonia.  I thought that would be easy but it isn't lol...

adiantum

7 at 5am on this winters morning.. 7C /44F  expecting it to reach 11C/ 52F today

I went to the shopping centre yesterday to get my glasses repaired. Ive not been in such a busy place since covid hit.

Finding a carpark was a challenge as was dodging so many pedestrians in the store. Social isolation suits me just fine.

It was a cold day so my dog was cosy sitting in the car . I put the Quarantine sign on the dashboard to deter theives from taking him & his car.

I saw 2 people wearing masks. Glad to be home again.

Diana_CT

128 this morning.

The 5 day heat wave broke last night with a line thunderstorms moving through overnight.

IrinaHarr

176 again this morning.

Still hot here 96F feels like 100F, hoping for thunderstorm or shower toning. Hopefully cooler tomorrow.

adiantum

8.2 Frozen blood must be heavily laden with glucose.

Yesterday was the coldest day at 5C / 41F  in 20yrs & I dont own suitable clothes for it.

I'm sure I head my dog sigh when I covered him with a heated blanket. 

Hows the body today Mike?

meyery2k
2 hours ago, adiantum said:

Hows the body today Mike?

Well, the ribs are mostly quiet now that I have figured out how not to move around.  Followed up at PCP and all good there.  I have an A-Fib that needs to be looked at after I have healed up some and some kidney cysts that should be looked at.  They changed one of my BP meds to see if that might help with the A-Fib.  The road rash on my shoulder is the most bothersome.  

I guess the good thing is that I know about the kidney cysts.  I suspect the A-Fib would have come up in a couple months when I have my yearly physical.  Keeping my fingers crossed that a blunt trauma to the chest can induce temporary A-Fib.  If not, it would appear, there are many treatment options.  While I am grateful for the alert on the kidneys, I would rather have not been hit by a car to find it out lol...

adiantum

I hope it wasnt  fragments of  one of your favorite  riding shirts that you left on the road.

Gravel rash hurts especially when you imbed it into  the rash.

Lucky  its Summer so you dont have to  cover the wounds with blankets .

Never heard of cysts on the kidneys & what a way to have them found.

Ive been saying 'poor Mike' so often when reading of that prang that its starting to sound like a chant.