Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

My house is so cold that a bunch of celery  & a wombok chinese cabbage sitting on the kitchen bench for a week  looks so crisp that it looks better then the  would if they'd been  in the refrigerator. I close the door between the bedrooms & office and only heat these rooms.

I  often used to see men with metal detectors, just as I saw numerous pot holes dug throughout the parks as if gophers had been there.

Old metal bottletops was their only find...but they lived in hope.

I dont see them anymore & wonder if the Ranger was called as one park has its own professioal greenkeepers to keep it looking nice.

FunDad, I'd not part with that camera  just yet.. you have a wonderful natural environment out your backdoor. The wildlife must be wonderful.

adiantum

Another entrepeneural activity I saw recently was two men walking  waist deep through the lake .

They each had a long pole &  appeared to be spearing the lakes bottom.

Between them & tired was a  tub inside an inflated car tube where they kept putting their spoils.. old bottles.

Edited by adiantum

IrinaHarr

166 this morning, looks like a small snack at midnight keeps morning numbers down. Or may be I had a lot of activities yesterday - up and down the ladder scraping and patching damaged ceiling (dishwasher flooded year ago big time and a previously patched spot fell down and was peeling around). Will be sanding and priming next, and then painting ceiling in batches, good activity on a very hot day.

FunDad - operating camera seems like a lot less work than digging, I know what I would choose 📷

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 143.

I had a morning Zoom meeting yesterday morning and as I was racing around to get ready for the meeting I forgot to take a reading.

Hammer

Fundad, I agree with IrinaHarr, in that, unless you have a better camera, you can always use a camera, but a metal detector, well, while it's fun to use at first, eventually you'll get tired of using it because using it takes up a lot of time, and the best place to use a metal detector is at the beach, where lots of things wash up on shore, then get buried underneath the sand.

Just to mention, I bought the original Digital Rebel (6.3 megapixels) when it first came out, and a few years ago, I bought the Canon T7 Rebel (24.3 megapixels).  I don't know why I bought the T7, other than it was on sale and I like gadgets, but I've never used it.  I also have several Canon lenses for it...an 18-55mm zoom lens that came with it, and a 70-300mm zoom lens that I thought that I'd use for nature photography, but I never go out in nature.

ran23

107 today and the first good night's sleep in a while.  (turns out I can't eat pickles anymore).

adiantum

Ran its strange how favourite foods are now not our friends, olive oil seems to have turned against me.

I suspected the worst & would've   gone to the doctors about the awful abdominal pain if it wasnt for covids isolation & having to keep my dog safe at home.

Ive been using lots of olive oil in eggplant & roasted vegetable dishes until Winter called for soups & curries... the pain suddenly stopped.

I just slept alone for 9 hours... my friend slept in the office all night guarding his  kangaroo tail bone.

He used it as a pillow but covered his body with it when I came too close. It's terrible not to be trusted by your  dog.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 128.

So around 4:30 this morning a woodpecker decided that it was time for breakfast on a tree just outside my bedroom window. An hour and a half later he is still at it, banging away. 

FunDad62

@adiantum - With the puppy, I regularly go take her food bowl for a few seconds while she's eating or take her favorite chew toys (currently a deer antler) so she will learn that I'm going to give it back to her.  She mildly growled once or twice but now is very calm if I take whatever she has (and give it back to her).

@Hammer - That's a pretty expensive zoom lens, isn't it?  I want to get one.  I chatted with someone on Adorama yesterday and they recommended a reconditioned one for $200.

@IrinaHarr - You guys made me give it more though and y'all are right.  Metal detecting would be more hassle.  I live 15 minutes from the beach and could go often but I think photography is more conducive to my age and likes.  And after digging in the dirt on my new front porch the other day and planting 10 mondo grass in the afternoon heat, I'm sure more digging in the dirt for metal detecting is not in my future.  Thanks for the feedback.

IrinaHarr

Forgot to test this morning, looking forward to Monday and 80F. Today and tomorrow are record 100s in the forecast, more indoor activity for me.

Hammer

A 78 (4.33) today.  FunDad, my 70-300mm lens isn't one of Canon's top of the line lenses, it's a middle of the road lens.  I got several top of the line Canon lenses for my daughter, and each of them were expensive, but she has a much better camera, a Canon 5D Mark II, which I got for her some years ago for Christmas, when they first came out with that camera.  Here is her 70-200mm lens, and here is her 24-70mm lens.  

adiantum

Hammer 2 roo tails would put the boy into major stress trying to keep them away from me.

Ive not nown a dog to be so possessive but recall his former  humans last words as they left him" he likes his bones", then they all laughed.

I guessed then that he had bitten one of them & thats why he was re-homed.

Works OK for me as a  pescetarian,  I dont eat roo & he doesnt eat fish..... that is unless its smoked salmon & he expects the greater share.

He's also possessive with his toys, but we can make it a game as long as he's the winner.

FunDad62

Saw my wind chimes lying in the grass this morning.  Appears we had a helluva storm last night.  I slept right though it.  Lol.

IrinaHarr

168 today, and record heat of 104F is expected today. Rain has missed us again by 20 miles, looking forward to next week's cool down. Extreme weather alerts all over the area, heat warnings to stay cool and hydrated.