Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

7 .2

Thats quite a journey Mike I hope you have the camera, & how are you going to manage driving with 6 broken ribs?

Wishing  Kala every success & happiness on this new adventure.

That pic of my dog was taken as we sat  on the upturned dinghys  & watch across the bay.

Its lovely seeing all the yachts swing around when the wind changes.

Last week the small fish were running  as  more then 100 Cormorants  were feasting as they travelled some 200yrd distance  only to turn & come back again. Not only were they swimming & diving as they moved forwards  but  those in the back flew to the front without crashing into others or losing pace.

They moved under water, on the water & through the air, all taking turns at being in the front whilst fishing at the same time. It was the best precision to witness, as if it had been choreographed by a master. Seagulls & Pelicans were further out away from the Cormorants

Diana_CT

On this TGIF morning my reading was 133.

Up at the Cape this week, company from Long  island is coming up for the weekend.

A lot of traffic yesterday, there were about a half a dozen tailgating accidents in the stop and go traffic. I always get nervous of tailgaters. 

FunDad62

Doing the 14 day trial of the Freestyle Libre no stick/patch meter.  Got to say this is REALLY convenient.  Just hold my phone up to it and get a reading, anytime, anywhere.  I was in the grocery store yesterday and thought I might be getting low so I just took a quick reading with my phone!  And no water leaking out of my fingers when I drink from all the daily needle sticks.  Not sure I'll do it long term though.  I think they said it's $50/month for the patches and I get strips free for my Livongo meter.

IrinaHarr

166 today.

On this very day in 2004 I was getting ready to my citizenship ceremony. In-laws showed up without invitation or warning because they thought they might enjoy it - my father in law in a wheelchair and my mother-in-law as his caregiver, driver, etc. All my plans has been changed without me knowing because it was "better that way" in my mother in law opinion. I was distraught and nervous to get to the downtown courthouse on time, distracted by all the arguments and "bat out of heck" driving by octogenarians. When we got there ahead of time, building security was checking documents to get in and I could not find my wallet with drivers license and green card without which ceremony was not happening for me. Me and my husband dashed back home, searched the house top to bottom - no luck. We went back slowly, content that I was not going to become a citizen on that day. When we got there mom was wheeling dad around in the lobby and I noticed she tossed my bag with shoes under his wheelchair; when I picked it up I found my wallet inside, must've put it there when they were distracting me in the morning with all their driving arguments. I barely remember the ceremony itself because I was totally drained emotionally, as soon as ceremony started dad is like "bathroom!!" and mom wheeled him away - they did not get to see it anyway despite driving from Minnesota and crashing our party. Found my "letter from the president" next to portable urinal thingy in mom's bag when we got home. 

And that is all I have to say about that.

Edited by IrinaHarr

janice21475

At this stage in my life, having reached the ripe old age of 77, I have outlived all my family, with the exception of my step-sister. Recently she and her husband moved to North Carolina to be near daughters and children.  I'm free!!! Of course she still rings me up to lecture me about everything I am doing wrong. Family is 'way' over rated. Irina, I am glad you had your husband with you for that ceremony. Seems some people feel it is their duty to rain on our parades.

How is the pup doing? Hope you have a lovely day.

Janice

meyery2k

106 today. My mother in law made musubi and pretzels for our flight meal. Way better than the airplane food. We got the car. Dogs are good. Next stop Vegas. 

adiantum

7.5  I must agree with Janice in that "family" is way over rated, but the bond between a human & dog  is to be treasured.

WOW, you folk sure know how to make memories that will last forever.

Mike, one day you & Kala will laugh about this adventure..not now as laughter hurts.

I found this pic of you Mike..

Mike.jpg

IrinaHarr

168 today, drinking a lot of iced water and tea seems to make BG a little better. Getting Libre today, got prescription and coupon (free trial). For me (if it works) it is only $10 more than I pay for strips  every month.

Janice, pups are thriving :) Girl likes to play with water stream from the hose, gets all wet and looks happy. Got them kiddie wading pool but they do not like coming even close to it. Drat, I was hoping to teach kids to swim this Summer 😎

adiantum

7.4 I mustve forgot to click on post  earlier.. I guess I got carried away with e-tourism of rock Springs. 

Great geological  features there.

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 133.

I have been up at the cottage since Thursday and the humidity from the rest of the country finally caught up to the Cape. Even though the mainland was in the 90s (32C) the Cape was in the low 80s but humid, very humid and because of the ocean water temperature is below the dew point just offshore there are fog banks. It is like we are in a bubble. 

adiantum

Once again I've been reminded how important some people are to us, even though we dont know them personally.

DF'ers for sure  but theres a 97yr old woman affectionally known as The Duchess  who for years  rings into the radio  quiz night at midnight thats touched the hearts of many.

She had a fall in her trailer a couple of weeks ago & wasnt found for 3 days. Since then she's been admitted to hospital & today she's to go into a nursing home. An American Indian by birth & she's travelled  with the circus but  now  her freedom has ended.. she cant even go home to her dogs. I just hope the nursing home can cope with all the cards & parcels the radio listeners will be sending her.

Theres many exceptional characters in this world & how lucky we are to be touched by them.

Stay cool Ran & Irina, perhaps we should all visit Diana at the Cape.:D