Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Diana_CT

The husband of the couple visiting me put the window AC units in for me yesterday❤️

One of the things about guests after the couple leaves tomorrow I will have to go through the kitchen and put everything back in the right draw and cupboard.

It is not so much as the heat they are having in the west but the humidity, it was only in the lower eighties but the humidity was oppressive.

@adiantumMake sure you bring your bathing suit and a beach blanket.

Edited by Diana_CT

TX_Clint

112 today. Offshoots from the tropical storm came through yesterday and I had two power outages. One just after dark for an hour, no issue, but one was about midnight for several hours and resulted in very little sleep. I just can't lay in bed and sweat. I had to get up until the power came back on, the house dehumidified, the body cleaned, and the sheets were changed. So I ended up sleeping until noon and I'm still tired.

IrinaHarr

155 this morning, so much cooler and nicer this morning - woke up to 62F after rain sat night  :)

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

Casper looks great.. I'll imagine the waterfall  later today.

I've decided not to go to The Cape.. Diana  has her guests working so she'd probaly have me landscaping & baking vegetables.:rofl:

Domestic Violence  was in progress yesterday & that was stressful for both of us.

He didnt want to leave the new roo tail even to go to the park, yet  I still had the birds to feed so ( in a mood) I decided to go without him.

He didnt like that. I could hear him screaming as I unlocked the car & gate.

OK, I returned for him which pleased him , but  he still refused to leave the house. I lost my cool.

He wanted it both ways.. his roo tail & me to stay home. That was not going to happen.

I turned up the volume & tone... he left his bone & went out to the car.

Upon returning home he pushed past me to get inside first & go for his bone... Hmmm..OK, I went to the kitchen & made a chicken sandwich.

He sat by my side watching me eat it knowing chicken is his food, I only eat fish.

I am back to being the leader of the pack... for the time being.

Hammer

A 39 (2.16) today.  I've been having a problem where I get light headed when I stand up.  I finally figured out why...my blood pressure was too low.....79/52, so I stopped all of my blood pressure medications, and I am monitoring my blood pressure.  If it gets too high, I'll add one blood pressure pill and see what happens.  I guess it never occurred to me that when you lose weight, your blood pressure usually drops, so that would mean that I don't need to take as much blood pressure medicine as I did when I weighed more.

Diana_CT

This morning’s reading was a nice (at least for me) 124.

Very, very humid, it is only 73 degrees (22C) but the Dew Point is 68 making the humidity 84%, everything is so damp and soggy. The windows AC unit I use to take out the humidity,

@adiantum  Naw, I wouldn’t put you to work landscaping but rather putting in the window AC units. The couple that is up here her husband graciously put them in for me.

IrinaHarr

168 this morning, not sure why. I ate very little and all low carb foods. Heck I had AVOCADO for breakfast with black coffee to wash its taste down. During the day I had 133s and 121s before bed and still I wake up with this ridiculously high reading.

On a bright side, going for walks with a dog now that is is cooler in the morning, have to get up early before sun and humidity goes up. 

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

6.5  * hic * 

Thanks Diana, I was a little concerned about landscaping as I've neglected my own lately, but hey.. doing other peoples  is more fun then your own.

There was no argument with the boy to go to the park yesterday but he was in a hurry to check his bone when we came home.

I've considered not buying them   as he turns into a monster over it, but it's the only bone I can get him to clean his teeth on.

I've been parking beside a different section of the park lately to feed the butcherbirds, as the seagulls now recognise my car & are so aggressive over the food.

I parked beside the car with two business men inside, but they eventually  left, probably because they get no customers while I'm there.

Businessmen is such a nicer word  then drug dealers.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 142.

They had some wicked thunderstorms move through southern New England yesterday, but the Cape only got light rain but you could see across Cape Cod Bay the massive clouds of the thunderstorms and the lightning.

It went oppressively humid to cool and dry, it is only 53 (11 C) this morning. Brrr...

Gnats are driving me buggy! They come right through the window screens at night attracted by the light of the computer computer screen, they have a tiny bite but they itch like crazy. They look a wayward period that wanders across your computer screen as you type.

IrinaHarr

Blood test strip this morning said 168 BG; new Libre sensor said 135 BG. Have to look at the trend tomorrow morning, the chart will show how BG performs - ups and downs, before and after meals, and in the morning (if it really goes up at say 4am and how fast). Hoping my recent issue with high BG was due to bad strips, I have never calibrated the meter with control drops.

adiantum

8.1 so I said to my meter ' I know you didnt mean that'.

I washed my hands and tested again.. 8.1