Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 131.

I came home yesterday from the Cape, I have a few appointments this week and then back up to the Cape on the 1st. Traffic wasn't bad at all, usually there're a bunch of crazy on the road, traffic was moving smoothly and no tailgaters. I fear those the most, going 75 with somebody 10 feet from your back bumper. 

Hammer

An 80 (4.44) today.  Diana, I also hate tailgaters.  I've found that people who are still working for a living are the usual tailgaters, since that's how they drive on expressways.  The worst tailgater that I had was some years ago.  I was driving into town, and the road that I was on had a 55 mph speed limit, which is what I was doing I don't speed).  This guy came flying up behind me, and I thought that he was going to ram me but he didn't.  He was 4 feet from my bumper at 55 mph and he stayed there the whole way, as if being that close would make me speed up, which it won't.  He was so close to my bumper, that his face looked like he was sitting in my backseat.  If I would have taken my foot off of the gas pedal, he would have rammed me.  I was so tempted to slam on the brakes to see if he would have survived the crash, but I didn't want to wreck my car, so I just ignored him.

IrinaHarr

Woke up at 4 am due to FreeStyle Libre alarm, reading was 179; so I drank a big glass of water, woke up at 6:30am and tested at 117. Ate goat cheese and a sprouted wheat toast, took meds tested at 147; at this point I am like "great!" and ate big glass of blueberries which sent my BG to 246 - and test strip was not a big difference at 262. In 1 hr BG dropped back to 131 meter reading, strip blood test confirmed at 133. Wow! I am sold, instruction said it will take 12 hrs for sensor to produce correct BG readings and it delivered. So, I ate half cucumber for lunch and 2 boiled eggs, and finished half of tomato with spoon of mayo. Reading is stable at 120. Yes baby!! :thrasher::rock:

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

7.2 Not much exercise yesterday with retail therapy to recover from neighbour worry. 70yr old has  quite a few mental health issues & now it seems dementia has been added to her list. It saddens me greatly seeing her like this but  unless she does something to endanger herself or others nothing will be done. I didnt have the heart to tell her that her dad died 10yrs ago, but she will probably assume I'm holding that information from her.

Yesterdays interaction had me so close to tears, so I hit the shops.. lucky for my wallet that it was just op-shops.

Now I have to find homes for all my new goodies.

IrinaHarr

128 at 4:15 am, then 189 at 5am - on my reader graph it just went up in the last hour before I woke up. Much needed rain is here but muggy, cooler weather tomorrow morning.

meyery2k

101. There was a bison walking down the road at Yellowstone. Pretty neat thing to see. My daughter took a picture. I will share pictures when I get home. 

adiantum

8 &  I'm sure my meter didnt mean that.

Wow.. a bison. Interesting evolution.. why  tiny hips to such a huge front end?

How do the females cope  with  giving birth?

Ran, I never paint when its that hot as the paint  seems to dry  before I can spread it on the wall....but I just realised  you have air con.

This has been a great Winter with days at 20C/ 68F . There was just one day   which was the coldest in 35years.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 164.

There're times when you have to scratch your head and wonder where the heck did those numbers come from. For supper I had a lobster roll without the roll, lunch was a salad with oil and vinegar, and for breakfast an English muffin. Beverages were tomato juice for breakfast, and unsweetened iced tea for lunch and dinner. During the day I drank ice water. 

adiantum

7.8 Ive been having cheese & jatz crackers .. ok I might have to start making my own parmesan crackers

Looking forward to the pics mike. Ive been amazed at the awesome formations on the sandstone at Casper.

Edited by adiantum

meyery2k

105 today. Driving from Casper to Denver (didn't hit send). In Denver today. Visiting a mile long mall.