Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum
6 hours ago, meyery2k said:

Visiting a mile long mall.

Yay..... it looks like I'm e-travelling through Denver today. Glad theres a free bus to see that mall.

7 for me this chilly Monday morn... or as Clint used to say Moaning. Theres no moaning from himself since his retirement.

meyery2k
5 hours ago, ran23 said:

101 today.     Mike, what are you driving in the States?

From California to Wyoming, my daughter's Kia Forte. Rented a Kia Sportage for the Denver segment. I like both of them. 

IrinaHarr

141 this morning (scanned sensor as soon as I opened my eyes). at 1am BG went up over alarm level to 204, I drank 16 oz glass of water, woke up with 141. Got up, let the dogs out, walked to the kitchen and scanned at 169 15 min after waking up. Drank more water and it went down to 139 as I type this.

Edited by IrinaHarr

IrinaHarr

153 this morning, drinking coffee then big glass of water. Turns out my coffee raises my BG, it climbs up after second mug even higher due to dehydration (tested it yesterday without food on my fasting day).

Diana_CT

I took my first reading when I got up at 5 and it was 178

I just took another reading just now at 10 and it was 122.

adiantum

Face masks are mandatory here for the first time since covid struck. The Delhi variant is spreading fast.

Irina, many people have found coffee raises BG, I dont test it as I dont want to think of life without coffee.

FunDad62

I had a rough night like I've never had before.  Sugar crashed around 4 yesterday afternoon while I was cutting the grass.  I drank some juice and rested for 15 minutes and finished the lawn.  For the rest of the evening I was a little nauseated, shaky and sleepy.  Had a can of mixed vegetables for dinner and nothing else.  I went to bed around 9:00 and the following happened.  I have never had this happen before.  It's almost as if I took a double dose of the Trujillo before going to bed or something.

62 @ 09:30 - drank half a Coke and ate 7 glucose tablets (I think those things are worthless)

58 @ 11:00 pm - drank the other half of the Coke and had a few more tablets

52 @ 12:48 am - no more Cokes or juice in the house.  Ate some Ritz crackers and more tablets

109 @ 02:15 am

58 @ 05:15 am - Ate one of those chocolate covered doughnuts my daughter brought home

58 @ 05:34 am - after the doughnut

103 @ 05:56 am

134 @ 06:32 am

125 @ 07:03 am

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 143.

We are in a heatwave, yesterday it was 98 (36C) and the humidity was 81% as the saying goes "It is not the heat but the humidity." When you step outdoors the humidity takes you breath away but relief is coming tonight with strong thunderstorms.

I cannot imagine what it is like out west with temperatures over 115 (36C) out west.

meyery2k

92 today.  Home.  I am in a bit of a weird place this morning.  My friend had some heart surgery performed before I left.  It all seemed to go well until yesterday.  She had some pulmonary embolisms and had to be flown to Honolulu.  Unfortunately, she passed away last night.  We are roughly the same age.

IrinaHarr

158 this morning.

Lee, I never realized to what degree coffee affects my BG. And I am a big time coffee drinker (or used to be).
FunDad, do you still have your Libre meter with alarm and all? Perhaps some high fat snack before bed can help? Looks like you have low crash after every carby drink and sugar tablets (you drink coke, BG goes up fast, but it also falls fast). I know it sounds weird but perhaps avocado? I eat mine salted with spoon, just scoop a bite size out of a halved one.

Mike, Sorry to hear about your friend, I also realize people our age can go any time. Illness happens, surgery is always a big risk...

adiantum

8  late night snack tuna on 2x toast.

Mike, I hope this friend wasnt Gail. To lose a friend is just awful but Gail has even touched our hearts.

Diana the heat  theyre having in the West would be a dry heat & more tolerable then coastals humidity.

The worst of my  days was when it was 115F/46C  the day my doberwoman died. No air con just 3 fans on her while we waited for the vet. It was still 40C outside at 5am when I was digging her grave. 

Edited by adiantum