Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

FunDad62

@IrinaHarr¬†- My 14 day Libre trial ended today (the patch knew because it fell off on it's own ūü§£).¬† I didn't have the meter.¬† I used the iPhone app.¬† I'm going to pay for another two week patch ($37) but I'm not sure I'll do long term yet.¬† Hard to be free test strips for my Livongo meter.¬† I've felt fine today.

@meyery2k - So sorry for your loss.  That's scary for a guy like me that got two coronary stents 16 years ago.  Prayers to her family.

TX_Clint

113 today. Be careful FunDad, it sounds like you got dehydrated. Yard work can kick my arse sometimes also. I can drink tons of water and still have issues with blood sugar going low. I've found I must severely pace myself by doing a little at a time. The heat with extreme humidity is tough on us.

meyery2k
2 hours ago, adiantum said:

Mike, I hope this friend wasnt Gail. To lose a friend is just awful but Gail has even touched our hearts.

Thank you, it wasn't Gail.  I would be devastated.  She went to Wyoming with Kala and me.  She survived the road trip.  We had lots of fun.  She has had a bit of a sheltered upbringing so this trip was an eye-opener for her lol... 

Here is proof of Gail lol...

May be an image of 3 people, including Gail Honda and Michael Meyer, people standing, outdoors, tree and text that says 'NATIONAL PARK SERVICE YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK'

adiantum

Tears of relief it wasn't Gail. 

I'm sure she had an amazing adventure..

pssst.. wheres Yogi Bear on that signpost ? Theres not even a picnic basket to be seen.

adiantum

Oooooooooooh I love  Blue Heeler's . 

That mustve been quite an adventure with two dogs, a whole lot of luggage, 2 women & a man with fragile ribs.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 124.

Right after I type this I will heading up to the Cape for 12 days, hopefully I will be avoiding the holiday traffic that they are forecasting to begin this evening.

FunDad62

Did ok yesterday.  Had one low at 3:00 am of 70.  Drank a little orange juice.

meyery2k

89 this morning

Adventure would be an understatement...

The Blue Heeler, Kleo, is an interesting story.  Kala's ex adopted her from the shelter.  She is 13 y/o now.   She had some behavioral problems in the beginning.  Nick would not train her thinking she needed to be left to her own devices.  Kala took over and in dog person fashion has transformed her into a wonderful companion.  Kleo needed a firm hand and discipline administered with kindness to thrive.  She now sits on command, comes when called, and herds her humans.  While this is not usually remarkable, she did none of these things when adopted 5 years ago.  

Gail is apprehensive around dogs.  She and Kleo started on the right foot right away which is a testament to both.

The fun thing with Kleo is she thinks she is a little dog like Charlie (the other dog in the photo) and will try to get on your lap with predictable results.

adiantum

7.7 on this day without a worry.

The 26yr old car passed its strict roadworthy inspection yesterday,  so I'll have to find something new to worry about.

I've known many blue heelers & even been bitten by one, but love the breed. I often see one in the park & she has to wear a muzzle when leash free which makes it hard for her to eat her treats she gets from me...but she manages.

"Kate" was another one & she had to wear a scarf over her ears when in the car. She kept getting ear infections from hanging out the window barking.

Theres no dignity in wearing an old ladies floral scarf  when hanging out the window barking.

The blue heeler or cattle dog was first bred about 2hrs north of me.

"....In the 1840's Thomas Hall established the line of 'Heelers' by crossing native dingo with the Northumberland Blue Merle Drover's dog. The aim was to produce an ideal dog able to withstand heat, take long treks, work quietly and be effective in the round-up of wild bush cattle....."

https://www.muswellbrook.nsw.gov.au/history/blue-heeler-country

meyery2k

Kleo is a great dog.  Not rough at all.  She just wants her pack together.  Gail and I are part of the pack.  When we were home she would just sit next to Gail and want pat-pats.  Kala and I get the lapdog treatment.  She somehow knows Gail won't like that.  She might be a good judge of character because she preferred Kala to Nick lol...  I think much of that was because Kala took the role of pack leader.  Kleo responded well to that and, in time, much of her neurotic behavior stopped.

One fun observation on the mainland is that when Kleo is misbehaving we say "A'ole!" which is Hawaiian for no.  It gets some interesting looks.

Saying A'ole to cats doesn't elicit much response though...

FunDad62

Again last night.  3 am and I was at 50.  I just don't get why this all the sudden started happening.

Harper the wonder-puppy showed her first watch-dog instincts last night.  She loves my daughter and usually stays in my bed until my daughter gets home at 11:00 or so, then jumps down and goes to see her.  Last night she was impatient and went and laid by her bedroom door.  I opened the door and showed her my daughter wasn't home yet, then she laid down near the front door of the house just waiting.  When my daughter came home and put her key in the lock, Harper barked immediately.  Now I'll feel a little better whenever I leave to go see my mom for a few days.  Good home protection.

IrinaHarr

156 this morning, again after 4am line on the blood glucose graph went up. Al least this mystery solved thanks to Libre, i.e. my BG is around 135-140 then goes up in the morning right before I wake up.

FunDad - how does 50 on Libre compares to test strips result? I am wondering about similar data only mine are highs not lows and I have 20 points difference with strips.

Edited by IrinaHarr

Diana_CT
56 minutes ago, IrinaHarr said:

156 this morning, again after 4am line on the blood glucose graph went up. Al least this mystery solved thanks to Libre, i.e. my BG is around 135-140 then goes up in the morning right before I wake up.

The dreaded Dawn Phenomenon, otherwise known as DP. That is what I think my high numbers are from since I usually test around 4 or 5 AM, does your graph show how long it lasts?

Diabetes? Don‚Äôt Let ‚ÄėDawn Phenomenon‚Äô Raise Your Blood Sugar
How to handle nightly hormone surge with diabetes

Edited by Diana_CT
Add link

meyery2k

99 today.  This sunset photo was taken in Wyoming.  It doesn't get dark until after 930PM.  Even taking Daylight Savings into account that is still impressive since it is getting dark around 715PM here.

My camera is still on Hawaii time.  Local time was 855PM.

No photo description available.

adiantum

8.2 I seem to have adopted a habit of constant eating once the sun goes down.

FunDad, thats  awesome Harper is going to protect her pack.

Hammer

A 55 (3.0) today.  Losing so much weight has affected a lot of things for me.  My blood pressure has dropped significantly, my insulin doses have changed a lot, of course, my clothes sizes have gotten smaller, my appetite has gone down, since what I used to eat is now too much for me to eat, so when I go out with my friend for dinner, I have to take into consideration my smaller appetite (no more bigger steaks, just the smallest steak).  

IrinaHarr

143 this morning at 4:30am, got up early to have coffee and get some cool air in the back yard at the crack of dawn to BBQ¬†ūüĆ≠

My Conca Dor lilies this year are 6 feet tall and have 25 buds per stalk, fragrance in the air before sunrise is awesome :)

Diana, thanks to Libre monitoring I can actually tell my dawn phenomenon starts at 4:30-5 am till I wake up I guess. What Libre helped with is constant monitoring to visualize any carby food effect on my BG, looks like I can tolerate 20g of carb in high fiber foods and anything more than that spikes my BG graph. Another data point I now have is average BG in the past 8 days, a1c equivalent. I am sold on this device, got my second sensor already.

20210625_130149 (1).jpg

FunDad62

@IrinaHarr - Checked the regular meter against the Libre three times yesterday.  Twice they were 20 points difference and the third time they were only 1 point different.  So confusing.  Lowest I got yesterday was 60.  No lows overnight but I cut my Trujillo quite a bit before bedtime.

@meyery2k - I never knew there was a difference between East and West coast like that.  Wouldn't see that sunset here until 8:30.

meyery2k

The sunset time difference is caused by latitude.  Taking DST out of the equation, Hilo at 19 degrees north will have the sun set at 7:03 PM.  Casper, WY at roughly 42 degrees north will have the sun set at 7:47 PM.  While this is not much difference, twilight in the tropics is much shorter.  North of the Arctic circle, it will be daylight for 24 hours until autumn.

The opposite occurs in the winter so Hawaii will still have a relatively long day compared to Casper.

This site lets you plug in various cities and check out astronomical data...

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/