Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

6.2 /  111

No drum roll .. it's my usual daytime reading. I've slept through all the  high readings.

I sleep too much. Went to bed at midnight. woke at 5.30 for the bathroom but thats too early to be up on a cold Sunday morn so I returned to bed.

Woke at 11am .. Sundays almost gone  & I have to waste the next part by cooking.

I'd ordered groceries to be delivered between 8 & 9 , so its been sitting in the sun since then. My dogs chicken breast will have to be cooked & my celery looks limp

IrinaHarr
23 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

Checked the regular meter against the Libre three times yesterday.  Twice they were 20 points difference and the third time they were only 1 point different.  So confusing.  Lowest I got yesterday was 60.  No lows overnight but I cut my Trujillo quite a bit before bedtime.

It was confusing for me too, the difference between reader and strips; however the difference became less overtime. Also, I would put a droplet of blood on a strip and scan the sensor right away to make this testing as simultaneous as possible - either method has accuracy deviation. After 3 days I stopped testing and relied on meter only, felt much less confused :)

143 today before dawn phenomenon and 169 after. Relocating my pups to the basement tonight, people are shooting fireworks on the road right in front of our house; pups are getting anxious.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Edited by IrinaHarr

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 146.

Yesterday we set a new temperature record! For the lowest high temperature! It only made it to 59 (15C) yesterday breaking the record set in 1914 and on last Wednesday we set a new high temperature of a 101 (38C).

meyery2k

110 today :(

This is our new friend from Yellowstone Park.  He was just clip-clopping down the road, big as life...

May be an image of animal and nature

May be an image of nature

adiantum

awesome pics Mike

8 for me to start

National Aboriginal & Torres Straight Islanders Week.
 Heal Country! – 
calls for all of us to continue to seek greater protections for our lands, our waters, our sacred sites and our cultural heritage from exploitation, desecration, and destruction

Gamilaraay woman on Awabakal land

naidoc.jpeg.jpg

FunDad62

Harper perked up and was looking out the bedroom door and then my camera dinged me at 6 am this morning.  Some young guy staggering on my porch and actually tried to open my front door.  He looked very confused and lost.  Guess somebody had a little too much celebrating last night.  He staggered off out of view.  I called the police for his safety.  Not sure if they found him or not.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 143.

The sun finally came out after 3 days in hiding, just before sunset the clouds disappeared and the sun set sizzling into the sea.

The Cape is one of the few places in America where you can watch the sun rise and set over water, the sunrise over the ocean and drive 2 miles and watch it set over the water's of Cape Cod bay. Also when you stand on the bluffs on the Atlantic side of the Cape people think that England is directly across the ocean but it is really Portugal that is across from us. 

Edited by Diana_CT
Darn Autocorrect changed sea to see.

janice21475
On 7/3/2021 at 6:30 AM, IrinaHarr said:

143 this morning at 4:30am, got up early to have coffee and get some cool air in the back yard at the crack of dawn to BBQ 🌭

My Conca Dor lilies this year are 6 feet tall and have 25 buds per stalk, fragrance in the air before sunrise is awesome :)

Diana, thanks to Libre monitoring I can actually tell my dawn phenomenon starts at 4:30-5 am till I wake up I guess. What Libre helped with is constant monitoring to visualize any carby food effect on my BG, looks like I can tolerate 20g of carb in high fiber foods and anything more than that spikes my BG graph. Another data point I now have is average BG in the past 8 days, a1c equivalent. I am sold on this device, got my second sensor already.

20210625_130149 (1).jpg

I am leaving the picture because it is too beautiful to remove. You are blessed to have the perfect conditions to allow your plant to produce such a large crop of blossoms. Wish I could capture the scent from the picture. I would truly be sitting next to that beauty all day through.  Thank you for sharing.

Very glad you were able to get the new meter and other equipment. I am delighted it has been such a help. God bless you.

janice21475
18 hours ago, adiantum said:

Gamilaraay woman on Awabakal land = This would make a great jig saw puzzle.

adiantum

7.2 Stressed knowing I have blood work done today.

It's like payback day as Ive even  been eating apple when Ive been peeling them for the lorikeets.

What a great day it would be Diana to watch the sun rise & set over water.

I enjoyed being on the furthest east spot where  the sun first  touched Australia at Byron Bay . In Winter it was further around at Ocean Shores where I spent holidays. There was a definite spot where it first touched.

The aboriginal week poster: 

"The 2021 National NAIDOC Poster, ‘Care for Country’ was designed by Gubbi Gubbi artist Maggie-Jean Douglas.

Using the 2021 NAIDOC Week theme, Heal Country!, as inspiration; ‘Care for Country’ is a bright and vibrant artwork which explores how Country has cared for and healed First Nations people spiritually, physically, emotionally, socially and culturally.

The artwork includes communities, people, animals and bush medicines spread over different landscapes of red dirt, green grass, bush land and coastal areas to tell the story of the many ways Country can and has healed us throughout our lives and journeys.........."

gamilaraay woman on awabakal land is me announcing my right to use that poster. so @janice21475 there'll be no jigsaws of this woman :rofl:

Theres a lot of aboriginal art in jigsaws..click ' explore' type aboriginal in the search

FunDad62

Guess we'll be getting some weather the next two days.  Come on Elsa.  Bring it on.

IrinaHarr
4 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

Guess we'll be getting some weather the next two days.  Come on Elsa.  Bring it on.

Hang in there Fundad! Stay safe.

159 today, yesterday misjudged green bean casserole values 'cus I did not calculate crunchy onions carbs right - the nutrition value was for "2 tablespoons"  not cups. Dah!

Pups are recovering, we had 5 hours of non-stop fireworks in the neighborhood and that include air bombs and bottle rockets:
https://ring.com/share/09fd4dd5-9230-413f-a54d-fa9d9f4ee2c7

adiantum

6.8 Irina, that mustve been terrifying for your pups.

I live near a premium city park  which hosts fireworks on special holidays & have come to hate them over the fear they cause in animals.