Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

6.7 this time. I just woke from another 5 hr sleep.

A stupid dream woke me at 3.30am & I dreaded facing another cold morning..so went online & ordered another kerosene heater.

I have a mental block when replacing the wick on the heater I had. If I get to do it then a 2nd heater wont go to waste.

If not, the an add "free to a good home "will attract someone as they are over $300.

FunDad62

Not a thing from Elsa here yet.  Just a normal cloudy morning.  Looks like they moved the track a tad north so not sure we'll get much over here on the east coast.

IrinaHarr

156 today with new Libre sensor. Got some rain this morning (finally!), cooler outside to walk the pups.

janice21475
6 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

Not a thing from Elsa here yet.  Just a normal cloudy morning.  Looks like they moved the track a tad north so not sure we'll get much over here on the east coast.

Heavy rain all night up to1PM today. Now, there is still a sporadic drizzle. After I gather all the fallen branches I will be able to have a big bon fire. It may take a week to dry enough to ignite, though. :) It is a lovely cool 75 degrees, that is a good thing. The storm came ashore directly West of my place. It headed East, you might be getting it about now.

It was the  first storm of the season, way over anticipated, just a LOT of rain. Not even a decent blow to any damage and that's a good thing.

adiantum

7.2 at 6C/ 42F hoping the new kerosene heater arrives today as I dont like Winter.  

The house stays cold until later afternoon so I prefer to be out until then.

Glad Elsa hasnt harmed you Janice while hoping FunDad is OK.

FunDad62

Storms past us now.  Got about 4 inches of rain between 10 am and 8 pm yesterday with some pretty hefty wind gusts.  Blew my bird feeders off the pole but that was the worst thing that happened.  I went to the grocery store around 6 and it was deserted.  I got to park right up front.  Lol.

This guy hung out for a few during one of the rain bands.

IMG_5324.thumb.JPG.448eec35587d1eb8b218fa8017c20a46.JPG

IrinaHarr

151 this morning.

Great news about Elsa blowing over without any big damage!

meyery2k

94 today.

Doctor follow up.  Ribs healing but 2 more months off the bike.  His concern is taking a spill and re-injury.  Walking and might see if I can get a cheap indoor trainer so I can at least pedal.

Kidneys are good.  Just cysts.  Starting aspirin for the a-fib.

Hammer

A 50 (2.77) today.  Looks like I'll need to again lower my nightly insulin dose.  I've stopped my blood pressure medicines, as my BP is normal without them, and my glucose level keeps dropping.  If I have to lower my nightly insulin dose much lower, that would mean that I'd have to stop taking my nightly insulin.

adiantum

Glad your healing well Mike.

Kudos to you Hammer for that weight loss & the health benefits.

FunDad, thats an awesome photo.. what a magnificent visitor to your  lovely  garden.

I was eavesdropping at the vets Wednesday when a client phoned in about  their sick bird. Aparently the bird fluffs its feathers up when it believes its  without an observer,  but behaves normally when human is in the room. It's off its food etc . The vets nurse explained in nature if that bird was to look sick it would be vulnerable to attack, which is why it holds its feathers in when theyre in the room. Reminded me of " Hoppy " a wild bird I fed for 4 yrs before it disappeared. It had bad leg & I suspected brain damage & the other birds would attack it.. that is until  they realised it had a constant food source in me, so would try to get involved. They wouldnt mate with her nor allow her to feed their chicks so she would feed  her reflection in windows & car mirrors. My office windows looked speckled with tiny lumps of meat stuck to the glass.

My dog is OK, he just went to the vets for his nails cut. Theres no hard surfaces in his activities areas  so those nails grow very long.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 141

Company left, some friends were up here for the week.

So anyway we are under a Tropical Storm watch, the outer bands of rain are just reaching the Cape and the eye is passing to the west of me so that means I am on the windy side of the storm. The forecast is for 40 - 50 mph winds (80 - 96 kph) around noon time. But I worry more for my house back home, they are supposed to get 4 - 5 inches of rain (10 - 12cm), I am concerned about the basement flooding.

FunDad62

Yesterday as the classic post-hurricane day.  Blue sky, breezy and hot as heck.

meyery2k

94 today.  Set up a trainer so I can least get back into cycling even though it is stationary.  The trainer is much more challenging physically than the road.

janice21475

Post hurricane at my home is more of the same, rain and gray sky. At least it is cool this way.

adiantum

7 & so glad the new kero heater arrived the day after I ordered it.

Yesterday was return to doctors day for lab results. what we accept as poor control the medical guidelines consider 6.7 to be controlled.

My BP was up & is it any wonder when I had to leave a spoilt dog at home. I left the house unlocked for him & put 2 roo jerkys in the garden to keep him busy. Instead, he'd buried them & only dug them up after I got home.  I knew he wasnt happy but something was wrong when he went to bed after dinner & when I checked on him 4hrs later  I believe he was hyperventilating.