Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 132

Well the Tropical Storm Elsa went by yesterday and it was uneventful, here on the Cape it was the winds but they were only 40 - 50 mph (64 - 80 kph) with very little rain. But back home they got very little wind but a lot of rain, according to reports around 5.5 inches  (14 cm) of rain fell in some spots and it looks like around 2.5 inches (6cm) fell around my town, what made it worst was all that rain fell in a just of couple of hours and there was a lot of minor flooding.

IrinaHarr

148 today. We had thunderstorm at 1am and lots of good rain. Bad news - power outage pretty much in the whole city, a bow cloud with 60 mph wind arrived first and knocked down a lot of trees.

I tried to make coffee on the grill and what do you think- after 2 min fire died. Empty propane tank... 

FunDad62

@IrinaHarr - I know you can't predict thunderstorms but I learned my lesson years ago here in FL.  When there's a hurricane coming and I think we may lose power for a day or two, I make a gallon jug of coffee ahead of time.  It may be room temperature, but at least I have coffee!  Lol.

meyery2k
5 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

I tried to make coffee on the grill and what do you think- after 2 min fire died. Empty propane tank..

Oh man, you would not want to be in my house if that happened...  No coffee = rage :)

100 today.

meyery2k
5 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

When there's a hurricane coming and I think we may lose power for a day or two, I make a gallon jug of coffee ahead of time.  It may be room temperature, but at least I have coffee!  Lol.

I have seen the birth of wisdom...

Hammer

An 83 (4.61) today.  I guess you could always get bottles of iced coffee and keep them in the fridge, as the fridge would stay cold for a while....or get Folger's coffee bags and steep them in warm tap water.

Edited by Hammer

Diana_CT

Okay... has anyone heard of a Coleman Camp Stove?

You know, those green ones with two burners that run off of a  14 oz. bottle of propane? I have one and a small propane lantern for when the power goes out and make coffee on it a long with cooking bacon and eggs on the other burner.

meyery2k

I love sarcasm...

The stove or grill is great unless you let yourself run out of gas...

Diana_CT

At our old New Hampshire cottage we used to lose power all the time. We were 5 miles from the state road and we used to cook on those a lot.

adiantum

6.3 ....drum roll...113 That'd be thanks to Ash Barty Wimbleton Champion. I dont even like tennis, but couldnt sleep wondering how she was going.

I had to get out of bed to watch the game & of course that was with a bowl of squid rings.

I use those cookers all the time out on the back porch so the house doesnt smell of fish cooking. The porch is about 20ftx12ft & is looking like an outdoor kitchen with an air fryer & small pizza oven . I prefer to cook out there in Summer so it doesnt heat the house , besides.. it feels like an adventure.

I also have another single burner camp cooker  for the car in case I go away for a few days & cant get to a coffee shop.

Back to my dog hyperventilating.. Perhaps he was in pain..it's possible the roo jerky was too rich for him after the pancreatitis attack.

IrinaHarr

161 today cool but humid outside nice so far. Got new tank of propane cooked frozen pizza on the grill it was ok. Food in the freezer no longer frozen it was 32 hrs since power went down. We are gonna throw away a lot of food.

meyery2k

98 today.  My friend tested positive for COVID after a trip to the mainland to recruit for the University of Hawaii volleyball team (he is head coach).  He was vaccinated.  He is doing OK so far.  He just feels very poorly and is resting and quarantined at home.

Hammer
4 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

98 today.  My friend tested positive for COVID after a trip to the mainland to recruit for the University of Hawaii volleyball team (he is head coach).  He was vaccinated.  He is doing OK so far.  He just feels very poorly and is resting and quarantined at home.

Yes, and not to belabor the point, but the vaccine doesn't protect everyone, as one person who was fully vaccinated, still got Covid and died from it.  So much for the vaccine.  I hope that your friend recovers, with no long term effects from Covid.

TX_Clint

98 today, I hope you get power soon Irina. Wishing for your friend to have a fast and full recovery Mike.

adiantum

7.2 Irina,  Thats an awful shame to waste food. I hope your power is restored soon.

FunDad, yes its also known here as calamari..I use an airfryer.. perfect size for one person.

I went into a B&M store yesterday instead of online shopping  to get 4 cauliflowers while they were on a weekend special.

I love bargains but it couldve been a very expensive outcome... I didnt wear a mask. $1,000 fine if I was caught.

I guess my brain turned into a cauliflower as I had a box of masks in the car. I sanitized  before going into the store yet didnt think to mask.

Mike, I hope your friend recovers quickly. Apparently the sickness is milder if vaccinated.. lets hope so.