Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

6.2 at 10am :sleep:

Who is Fred Myer ?

8 hours ago, ran23 said:

91 today.  Off to Fred Meyer.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 127.

The Cape is in a mini drought, all day yesterday it was cloudy all day and the rains on the mainland never made it to the Cape. On parts of the Cape they have issued a water advisory.

FunDad62

Tropical system off the coast here that's supposed to come towards us this week.  I heard the longest thunder in the middle of the night that I think I've ever heard.  Even Harper raised her head like "What was THAT???"  We haven't had rain here in three days.  Strange after a month of daily showers and storms.

@adiantum - Yes that is the exact test kit we used.  There are three or four different ones.  I ordered two of another brand online to be delivered this week so we'd have them to test again on Friday.  She is perfectly fine other than no taste or smell (which is driving her nuts).  I still have zero symptoms.  We are cleaning like crazy and she wears a mask and gloves if she comes out of her bedroom.  And we're keeping distance between us.

adiantum

7.2 ahhhh 'tis a store!!

we dont have Fed Meyer nor Kroger here.

We also dont have OTC covid testing kits. FunDad did you notice that kit was made in Ausralia ,yet not available here because of out low population.

We have to get on the end of a queue for drive through testing. It wasnt so bad.. I had cold/flu symptoms a week Monday so thought it best to get tested.

There was only 4 cars in front of me & it took ages because  the tester has the same breed of dogs, so we chatted. 18hrs later I got a negaive text...but still have the cold symptoms. I was late in taking the dog to his park yesterday & hit peak hr traffic on the  return home. 

I wasnt confident in taking my chances in approaching the round-about  without sneezing,coughing or just thick headed, so I  drove 15mins extra to get to traffic lights. I pretended I was on a scenic tour  so enjoyed the water views & the golden flash of colour from the flowering Wattle trees.

IrinaHarr

128 at 4:30am and 144 at wake up 2 hrs later. 

When we were in Duluth the grass around lake Superior was grey and crispy, they got rain yesterday and my friend said she cried because they had drought for so long.. we have not had rain for two weeks now, there is a hope for Fri-sat thunderstorm and cool down, aftre last power outage I am really careful what I wish for and use sprinkler instead ⛈️

adiantum

7.5 The continuing story on saving the planet & my $'s..

Instead of using the clothes dryer I toughened up & tolerated the shoulder pain by hanging the washing on the clothesline.

The white flannelette sheet was a challenge with only a soiled mark on the bottom where I trod on it.

I was late in getting things out so they didnt dry thoroughly.

I brought them in & no.. I'd not finish them off in the dryer, I' returned them to the sunshine next day.

Miserable pain during the night that woke me 3 times.

The sheet was lovely & warm next day when I was to bring it indoors, but on my way out to the garden I knocked my cut finger & oh how it bled...

all over the white sheet. Now I'm wasting water as that sheet had to be washed again & this morning I'll hang it on the line once more.

Black sheets are a better idea.

Irina, sprinklers are banned here because they use too much water in spray drifting.  Drip system was ok but now its hand held hose with a trigger nozzle only.

FunDad62

@adiantum - Irrigation sprinklers should be banned here too.  Unbelievable how much waste it is.  I bought this house in March, and because of all the rain we've had I've used a hose sprinkler one single time.  But I see other homes with automatic systems that come on twice a week.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 119

I am up at the Cape and everyone is masking up again.
Officials: More than 750 COVID-19 cases linked to Provincetown outbreak

The first week in July was a madhouse up here. Over the 4th in Provincetown was crowded with wall-to-wall people on the main street through the town, on Facebook there were photos of packed bars and nightclubs with the under 30 crowd and the National Seashore has closed their Visitor Centers, but the beaches are still open but packed (and the traffic is still insane).

I am back into hunker-down mode limiting going in public spaces and using take-out, I haven't been to Provincetown since June except for grocery shopping; it is way too mobbed for my tastes. 

But the worst thing, the very worst thing is that lobster rolls are $30!

That is more than double the price from last year and Clam Shacks are not selling fried clams.

Seafood lovers shelling out more for clams amid skyrocketing food prices

IrinaHarr

139 today. I am holding hose most of the time and water plants to the root, however grass is about to start going crispy and I had to setup "fountain" like sprinkler for one area at a time to keep it alive. We still have lawns here.

No mask requirement yet in our city, hope we are far enough from outbreak to go back to mask mandate.

meyery2k

89 today.  Sadly, we seem to be having a statewide COVID Delta outbreak here as well.

ran23

103 this morning, right when I was getting used to those 90's.    Mask? never took mine off.