Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

7 after washing hands when first reading was 9.8 * shock* feeding birds aple can cause stress.

Its  usually a pleasure throwing meat out to the Pied Butcher Birds & Magpies until the big bad aven swoops in for  grand theft.

Then the dog goes ballistic.. he doesnt like ravens.

I've become to like wearing a mask.. now I dont have to pluck those three pesky chin hairs before I go out.

Theres supposedly no covid in this small region but we must wear a mask , sign in to a business when we enter  & leave & theres a limit of 3 customers in the small business premises which I frequent.

Food prices have sky rocketed here also. The lockdowns prevent workers from harvesting...or so they claim. 

Even a 1Kg bag of dog treats at the farmers market has gone from $21 to $30.

One of us might lose weight.. the boy can only climb into the car if theres a treat thrown in, if not, then I have to lift him.

Edited by adiantum

TX_Clint
4 hours ago, ran23 said:

103 this morning, right when I was getting used to those 90's.    Mask? never took mine off. 

124 this morning. Mask? Only put one on to go get vaccine. Food and medication delivery and no other reason to go out.

FunDad62

Kills me that people have all been acting like covid is over and gone for the past several months.  Now look at us.  Locally one hospital said they have the most covid cases EVER at over 400, and 97% of those patients did not get vaccinated.  Another news story was of a 31 year old healthy man that just got sent home from the hospital after recovering from covid and he still has to do oxygen treatments at home.  He is preaching to everyone to please get the vaccine because you do not want to go through what he went through.

Last day of quarantine for me and my daughter.  Doing the home-test tomorrow morning.

IrinaHarr

130 today at 5:15am and looking forward to Saturday walk in the park when its supposed to be 65F in the morning. it was 99F yesterday and 96F today. Forecast promised cool down tomorrow, may be some rain.

FunDad - wishing you guys negative test results and staying well.

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

Fingers crossed for  you FunDad & your daughter. Oh its here to stay & its not just killing the elderly.

Last week a woman here  in her 30's died & she'd had no previous health issues.

A girl could enjoy these winters.. nights  go low 9C/ 42F days are a beautiful 23C / 73F

Hammer

A 100 today.  With higher numbers the past few days, it looks like I'll need to increase my nightly Lantus dose again.

FunDad62

We decided to wait and do the test on Monday to give it a couple of extra days.  Still quarantining until then.  I still don't have any symptoms and she said she "thinks" she's starting to taste things again a little.

@adiantum - I can't wait for temps like that again here.  I cut my grass yesterday at 4:00 and it was so hot.

TGIF everyone.

IrinaHarr

127 today at 5:30am, thanks to electronic reader I can scan my BG any time still half asleep. Amazing what 8oz of water can do to improve BG reading in like 30 min or less. Instant reader also helps me to cut on BS myself and shows exactly what each food does to my body, and now I eat more responsibly. If there is Chinese takeout my container of rice goes straight to freezer for later when I cook stuffed peppers or something. If I cook waffles for hubby I take one bite and freeze the rest for later. If I eat out I order a salad and leave out croutons. Overall I am very happy with my instant BG reader, average BG shows 6.9 which is improvement from 7.5 in just a week and no pricking my fingers also is a big bonus :)

FunDad - when you test do not drink cola or citrus drinks, apparently that creates false positive on the test (and UK kids use it to get out of school).

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210705-how-children-are-spoofing-covid-19-tests-with-soft-drinks

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 140!

Yesterday I drove home from the Cape and I stopped at a Burger King for lunch... that is what I get for stopping there.

meyery2k

95 today.  Pays off to haunt the grocer at 6AM most every day.  Can get the meat and fish they have to sell that day for 30% off so I pay what I think I should pay for it vs. what they want to charge lol...

I get some great fish, chicken, and steaks.  If I don't eat them the same day then I can freeze them.

Once in a while, I can get roast beef or pork for holiday meals or when I just want to make one.

My daughter does the same thing now lol...  We are like suburban hunters with our prey being the 30% or 50%.  In Wyoming, she even finds many "buy one get one" offers.

adiantum

6.2 at 4am having been woken with hunger pangs. I'd certainly not cope in a famine.

Then to be confronted with the headlines of the day " Cold snap covers parts of Brazil in snow and drives up coffee prices."

I might go back to bed & hope my second awakening is better.

FunDad, 4pm is usually too hot on a Summers day to be mowing lawns. I find 3pm is the hottest time so stay indoors & watch The Chase.

FunDad62

16 hours ago, adiantum said:

FunDad, 4pm is usually too hot on a Summers day to be mowing lawns. I find 3pm is the hottest time so stay indoors & watch The Chase.

I do not want to have to cut my grass on the weekend and I work all day, so afternoons is when I've always done it.  Now I'm sitting here  enjoying my nice looking lawn this morning. :)   Oh and I love The Chase.  My mom and I watch it whenever I'm visiting her.

Edited by FunDad62

IrinaHarr

130 this morning and we got rain - 1.6 inches of it! And the best part is is 65F outside and everything looks green like Ireland :) 

It is going to stay 80-85F for several days with cool mornings which means walks in the park.

I do not do yard work in the heat, I go red on face like tomato in 20 min and worry about stroking out. I do not like paying for cutting lawn but I found local kid with push mower that wanted to save for his first car and neighbors were all supportive. So, every Thursday I write a check and watch lawn being cut, trimmed and clippings blown from the pavement. And NOT being taken to ICU with stoke or heart attack.

Mike, 50% off beef and chicken is my favorite :) I check dates on the packages when I go to Target next door then pop in the store 2-3 days prior after weekend and always find $3 off $6 package of ground beef or $5 off $10 chicken or chicken wings. I cook it same day because I am always food poisoning paranoid.

Diana_CT
2 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

So, every Thursday I write a check and watch lawn being cut, trimmed and clippings blown from the pavement. And NOT being taken to ICU with stoke or heart attack.

The same here. 

When I developed a heart arrhythmia I hired a landscaper to do my lawn and the driveway in winter. 

Diana_CT

I think so.

The center of the bottom of the photo and under that yellowish leaf just right of the center of the photo. It looks like a broken stick.