Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

7.2 which I dispute.. 2 bowls of curried cabbage soup does not reflect such a reading.

Not even magining a birthday cake for horses would  excite. Happy Birthday to all the horses.

Theres no snake in the pic here Mike, but I can see a letter beside the monitor from SpecSavers  which reads Notice: Your eye test is OVERDUE

The Chase is my fav.. the Brit version is at 3pm & the Australian at 5. Much prefer the Brits but we had a new host started Friday so I'll start watching again.

IrinaHarr

139 today, 63F outside - off to park for a dog walk then digging in the garden. Rabbits chewed up a lot of plants I think I will put bird netting on the chain link gate 🐇

Diana_CT

125 was my reading this morning. 

Brrr...  It is only 58 (14C) this morning, it feels like the beginning of October instead of August. 

FunDad62

@meyery2k - Bottom left corner?  Under the green leaves?

I see cutting my grass as exercise.  I don't enjoy doing it but who enjoys exercise?  But I love seeing it all done.  I just can't pay for a lawn service.  Since grass has to be cut weekly here, it's around $150/month.  Now if I could find one of those kids like Irina to do it cheap, well I think I'd do that!  I used to just go out in the heat and do it all non-stop.  Now I take breaks because I know it's the smart thing to do.

Cutting grass actually saved my life.  16 years ago at 42 I got to where I couldn't push the mower for 5 minutes without getting out of breath.  Long story short, I ended up getting two coronary stents for blockage as that was the reason.  Haven't had a problem since.

meyery2k

Center if photo, lower 3rd. It is a copperhead and you can spot the regular, almost triangular, markings. 

adiantum

7.4 Spring is trying to visit here.. yesterday was 25C/77F which was the opposite to Diana's chill.

Is this the snake between the lines?..................... what an  incredible camouflague.

Inked223683941_10215406669559616_4555231954825073454_n_LI.jpg

FunDad62

I'm taking the covid test shortly and my daughter will do hers when she wakes up.  Been a long week.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 149. 

Yesterday I was at a picnic and I thought that I did good but this morning's reading shows that I didn't.

IrinaHarr

139 early in the morning. Still nice outside at 6 am and for a couple of hours after sunrise, 84F during the day. Doing garden upkeep - dug up giant daisy that was choking all around it and planted it to library flower bed before they opened up on Sunday. Now I have to bring can of water every time I pick up things to keep it grow and root well before winter. Put a box of seedlings in my back yard in the shade to harden them before planting :)

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

7.1 at 3.45am yet can do a happy dance for FunDad.

Yesterday was not kind to me. I rang the electricity company disputing the huge bill .. but a girl cant win over it, so paid up.

Feeling weary, I was about to take a nap but filled the dogs water bowl first. I heard a hissing at the garden tap & gave it a twist , a wriggle & a push.

I should not have done that.

The pipe seperated & water shot up in the air some 30ft. It wouldve been lovely in summer but all I could think of was $'s. 

I rang the water company, they said its on my property so I had to get a plumber. I rang a plumber & he said its before the water meter so its the water co's responsibility. I rang the water co & told her the plumber said its theirs , then she said to get another plumber. I rang the plumber again realising what a nice person he is. He was on a job 30mins away yet packed it up for the day & came to my rescue. All I had to do was offer him towells to dry himself & his tools & pass over more $'s.

IrinaHarr
8 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

We both tested negative.  Hallelujah.

Yay! congrats to both :rock:

IrinaHarr

138 today, more tomatoes to pick while it is cool. Sunday is going to be hot again 🌞