Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

IrinaHarr

Was 152 this morning, packing for a road trip to Ames, IA - midpoint between us and Minneapolis. Baby girl Snap goes to spa with her breeder who is also a groomer and a Dog Wisperer, she is very successful in conditioning pups for the ring at the dog shows (how they stand, at what angle the tail is held, etc.) and she needs to pull old hair to make sure puppy coat is healthy and shiny (clipping ruins bristle coat). So, we'll drive 3 hrs to meet our peeps in Ames, transfer Snap and supplies to another car and return home to sleep in our own beds. 

FunDad, I am voting State Farm agency as well because they have "replacement" policy vs. "market value" policy and will negotiate with the client about things. Could probably have some kind of solution for your case.

adiantum

I might be living here for some time if a buyer wants me to replace the rusty roof.

I only want to sell the house  because it needs too much work done.

Irin, wow... theres such a lot involved with show dogs.

Whats pull hair? It sounds painful.. like when my boy walks across my hair to check the bedside table for whatever he imagines is there.

IrinaHarr

Lee, it is called "hand stripping" which does not hurt them, old hair is loose and needs to come out. Dog's hair follicule can sprout several hairs at a time and needs old dead hairs removed to look healthy. Groomers go easy on "tender" areas. According to dog show standard nothing is clipped in cairn terriers and they are shown on "loose" lead, i.e. training the dog not to pull show lead is tricky.  Gotta go finish packing for the trip :)

adiantum

2 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

Dog's hair follicule can sprout several hairs at a time

Sounds like my chin...& now my daily chore is to pull them out.

I seem to be closer to dogs then I thought.:rofl:

Hammer

A 70 (3.89)  for me today.

Fundad, when I had to replace the shingles on my roof, I opted for the 30 year shingles, which were the best shingles the company offered at that time.  I now see that you can get 50 year shingles, so when my existing shingles need to be replaced, I'll opt for the 50 year shingles, even though I won't live for another 50 years, but at least I'll know that my roof will.😄

FunDad62

I'm going to shop around with other insurance companies but this information came from a broker, who runs it through several companies for the best deal.  Also, I have to have full coverage to get the mortgage.  I don't see me paying one penny for it as I'm already contracting at full asking price.  Found another house yesterday that just went on the market that looks much nicer for the same price.  Going to look at it this afternoon after I donate blood.

adiantum

7.3 & love the No Barking sign.

Indonesia's volcano is pumping out ash, which will give us spectacular sunsets. 

Theyve just lost 49 people from the 6.2 earthquake.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-17/semeru-volcano-erupts-on-indonesias-java-island-earthquake/1306473

arms & back are aching today. Bulk waste collection time so I attempted to de-clutter.

Emptied a bookshelf thinking of buying another whenever I get  a new house.

Getting it down 5 stairs was a challenge while thinking what a sturdy piece it is. Then 2nd thoughts came in... 

Yup.. I brought it back  inside but the place it lived in is no longer available.

I guess I'll be walking it around the house cussing second thoughts.

Hammer

A 94 (5.22) today.

Lee, do what I did when I had to take  my old compact refrigerator down the stairs.  Lay the book case on it's back, sideways, or, if it's too wide to get it down the  steps sideways, then lay in on it's back in whatever position it will go down the the steps, then loop a rope around the sides, or around the top and bottom, depending  on which way it's going to  go down the steps, and tie it snug.  Next slide the shelf down the steps and have it rest on one of the steps, while you are holding the rope.  Sit down on the top step, and slowly slide the shelf down to the next step, all the while holding the rope.  Keep doing that until the shelf is on the floor, off of the bottom step, then tilt it back up, and you can now move it where ever you want it.  If your steps aren't carpeted, place a blanket over them to prevent scratching the shelf or the steps.

FunDad62

Haven't seen a sunrise at the beach in years so I went this morning.  Cold standing out there but pretty.

sunrise1_011821.jpg

adiantum

FunDad thats a lovely start to ones day.I used to be at the beach most days & was surprised at how many people were there.

Lots of surfies checking out the waves before climbing into we suits. Early morning walkers & joggers & photographers.

One woman had a little business going by selling the photo of the day a baby was born. Every dawn  she took pics even rainy days.

IrinaHarr

Ate late last night after travel and it was high this morning, dropped to 130 by noon today.