Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

8 maybe stress related?

shovelled a lot of soil yesterday & returned it to the area washed out from the water spurt.. that was an awful experience

FunDad62

So there's a lady and her grown daughter living on one side of me.  The first time I met her she complained to me about my tree in my front yard and how "all the leaves blow in to her yard".  So I paid $950 to have the trees trimmed (which I had planned to do anyway).  She also has two older dogs and every day...every, single day...she lets them walk around unleashed and they come in to my yard and use it as their bathroom.  Sometimes she's not even out there with them and they walk in the street and in to other peoples yards, but mostly mine.  Yesterday I saw the dog sniffing around in my grass so I walked out on the porch to shoo the dog away and she was standing in her driveway, just watching the dog go in my yard.  I had no intention of talking to her but when she saw me and stared at me, I threw up my hands like WTH and said why do you let your dogs use my yard as a bathroom every day???  Her reply?  "Well they don't know the difference in yards".  Really?  I said well you should teach them and I went back inside.  After which her daughter came over and picked the dog up and took it back to their house.  How can someone be so clueless, rude and inconsiderate like that???

Ok, rant over.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 134

@FunDad62 I know what you mean, I have a fire hydrant in my front yard and people let their dogs go on it and all the lawn around the hydrant has been killed because of the urine. And if you say something they just stare at me like the hydrant is there for their dogs to relieve themselves. 

Edited by Diana_CT

IrinaHarr

159 this morning, late night and late night dinner.

FunDad, you are right to be upset - your neighbor is irresponsible and should be fined for leaving her dog feces in your yard. Responsible dog owners walk their dogs on the leash with poo bags tied to the leash, and should deposit occur responsible owner will pick it up. I happened to live 3 years in Minnesota and twin cities laws have $200 fine for not cleaning after the dog. And also something about the most of the dog owners picking up after their dog automatically (ingrained in them), the owner is responsible not the pup. Still, some mugs walk their dogs after dark and leave giant deposit where it landed.

As for fire hydrant, its unfortunate so may be a small sign saying "private yard, keep your dogs out" placed close to hydrant, etc. Here all hydrants are on the sidewalk but having dead grass in your yard is not a good thing. Its a topic of cartoons, the dogs and the fire hydrants - my boy is just drawn to it like its a canine social media.

Edited by IrinaHarr

meyery2k

95 this morning.  I saw what was a great idea in Casper.  In my daughter's building there is a huge strip of lawn for the doggos.  They even installed a waster receptacle.  I noticed some people don't clean up but it would appear most do.

ran23

woke to 99.  108 after  my morning walk, smoke is up to 173 (AirNow.gov) Big fires South, and North-East of me. 

adiantum

8.7 maybe  from reading dog poo posts.:( . It's an awful situation to live next door to..been there ,done that.

Here, dogs are not allowed to be free in public areas without a leash, nor soiling left without removal.

Fines are given unless your relatives work for the county, then you must give photos & read the lies  they presented to the court.

eg. " I'd just driven from my fathers funeral & couldnt close the gate in time" . That same father did a Lazareth  & visited the following week.

For the general population without family working in the county, its a $275 fine for not picking poo up or $1,000 if its near a childrens play area.

Every household gets delived a roll of compostable bags for poo or household  waste  that goes into the green waste bin. These bags are also available along popular walking tracks or enclosed dog parks.

We dont have fire hydrants here but the entry into the park is the noticeboard where every dog leaves their message.

My dog cant write his name yet so pees on his property  to warn others, He will tag his ball or even my shoes but yesterday he tagged  beside his water bowl to tell the Shar Pei it was his. The shar pei had no human so I assumed he''d escaped home & came to the park as was his right. I offered him food & filled a bowl with water..

FunDad62

I had a fun(dad) night.  It sure seems like I've become much, much, much more sensitive to foods I eat in the past month or two.  I rarely saw numbers in the 200's, much less the 300's.  Btw, this instant read Libre is da bomb.

21:29  -  315 (took my nightly Trujillo and 12 units of Novolog and went to bed)

22:38  -  198

01:19  -  65  (drank some OJ)

01:28  -  64 and feeling it (ate some Skittles and a couple of Ritz crackers)

01:44  -  66

03:02  -  140

05:18  -  109

06:40  -  95

IrinaHarr
55 minutes ago, FunDad62 said:

Btw, this instant read Libre is da bomb.

Totally agree, I went to bed last night after eating plain oatmeal with a cup of frozen berries and reader screamed alarm at me 30 min later when BG went up to 236. I never knew oatmeal and berries do that to my blood glucose, probably because I always have it in the morning and "first response" insulin kicks in plus I move a lot. In the evening it sent my BG through the roof.

Morning reading today was 158. Back to cucumber and bacon diet..

meyery2k

89 today.

Kala volunteered for  the COVID ward.  I am proud of her, but anxious.  She did it so a working parent could avoid the duty.  After the fact, the volunteers were offered hazard pay.  I just hope she practices good hygiene and stays well.  10 cases in the ward with a surge in progress in the community.

Hammer
On 8/4/2021 at 7:26 AM, FunDad62 said:

So there's a lady and her grown daughter living on one side of me.  The first time I met her she complained to me about my tree in my front yard and how "all the leaves blow in to her yard".  So I paid $950 to have the trees trimmed (which I had planned to do anyway).  She also has two older dogs and every day...every, single day...she lets them walk around unleashed and they come in to my yard and use it as their bathroom.  Sometimes she's not even out there with them and they walk in the street and in to other peoples yards, but mostly mine.  Yesterday I saw the dog sniffing around in my grass so I walked out on the porch to shoo the dog away and she was standing in her driveway, just watching the dog go in my yard.  I had no intention of talking to her but when she saw me and stared at me, I threw up my hands like WTH and said why do you let your dogs use my yard as a bathroom every day???  Her reply?  "Well they don't know the difference in yards".  Really?  I said well you should teach them and I went back inside.  After which her daughter came over and picked the dog up and took it back to their house.  How can someone be so clueless, rude and inconsiderate like that???

Ok, rant over.

FunDad, when the rude neighbor said that ("they don't know the difference between yards"), you should have yelled back that it's not the dog's responsibility to know the difference between yards, it's her responsibility to control where her dog goes, and if she can't control her dog, then you are going to report her to the authorities, and have her fined for being an irresponsible dog owner.

adiantum

7.5 perhaps the hot ginger beverage Ive been enjoying lately is too carby. I'd forgotten to put  ginger on my order for delivery yesterday so went to  put in a new order...after we'd been told  a 7 day  lockdown starts at 5pm. Everyone mustve run to their computers as I couldnt get next day delivery , theyre booked out for 5 days. I'm sure its the only order without toilet paper . Online orders have a $50 limit so I filled the list with fruit for the lorikeets & meat for the dog & kookaburras.

Kudos to Karla.

48 minutes ago, Hammer said:

t's not the dog's responsibility to know the difference between yards,

I shouldve said that when next door ( son of Lazareth ) claimed  mosquitoes were going into their place so must be coming from my frog pond.

I dont know how a mosquito could escape tadpoles & frogs plus be identified flying over a fence.

Having county contacts I was informd the health inspector would visit my property to inspect. That was ok by me except I wasnt sure a tree would be considered too close to the safety barrier. Being creative.. I strung up a makeshift clothesline &  hung very pretty & tiny bras & knickers I'd bought at the  op-shop. The health inspector looked at them & didnt inspect that corner.

I'd bought the sexy underwear to act as flags to tie on overhanging load on my pickup/ute. I used to buy antique furniture & drivers wouldnt let me  in front of them to change lanes . What a difference that bit of lace made.. guys were very happy to stay behind me. $1 a piece at op-shop & that gives you leader of the pack status  on the road.

Hammer

Uh, no, this doctor was sued by Baylor Scott Health, and was sued because when he left Baylor Scott, he signed a release that stated that he would not use Baylor Scott as a reference, and he did state that he used Baylor Scott as a reference, which is why he is being sued.  The lawsuit has nothing to do with the vaccines.  This doctor has more credentials than that idiot Dr. Fauci.  This doctor has not only  researched all of the available data on the vaccines, he is still a practicing doctor that see's what is happening with the virus and the vaccines, unlike Dr. Fauci, who is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the CDC.

I can't figure out why there is so much push back on the virus and vaccines, when I try to show everyone why the vaccines are dangerous.  No matter who I show that is against this vaccine, members here try to discredit all of them.  Sure, a number of them needed to be discredited, but this doctor?...I mean seriously?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...if you think that the vaccines are safe, come back in a year and let us know, well, first of all if you are still alive, and if you are still alive, have you suffered from any serious complications from getting the vaccine?  As for getting the vaccine for my grandkids...kids don't suffer from the coronavirus, so why get a vaccine to protect them when they don't need protection?...a vaccine that could possibly kill me?

Edited by Hammer

Hammer

Sorry, the above post was supposed to go into the coronavirus thread.  I'm not sure how it ended up here.  Apparently, I did something wrong.  

Edited by Hammer

FunDad62

Got another alligator in the pond behind me.  Looks to be about 5 or 6 feet.  I don't suspect it'll stay long as I haven't seen one duck or goose in almost three weeks.  No food for the gator except turtles.

My friend said my daughter and I should start parking our cars in the neighbors driveway and tell her our cars don't know the difference.

Diana_CT

142 this morning.

I was planning on going up to the Cape on Wednesday but the forecast said rain all day Thursday on the Cape and sunny back home so I stayed home another day and came up yesterday. However, everything was packed including my meter.

One thing that I noticed living on a huge sandbar. No puddles! 

Weather Underground said that the Cape got about an inch of rain yesterday but there wasn't any puddles, the rain just soaks in the ground.

IrinaHarr
2 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

My friend said my daughter and I should start parking our cars in the neighbors driveway and tell her our cars don't know the difference.

I would not escalate the fight, you still have to live their and very hostile neighbor will make living next to them less enjoyable. I used to escalate and lose sleep over things like that and then I just learned to say prayer "god help them with their depravity" and bake cupcakes for good neighbors. Nevertheless, driving by bad neighbor's house I flip them imaginary bird in my mind (in the usual manner of elegant females). I think these days they call it "emotional intelligence"  😅

141 today, getting hot here again for a week at least. Drinking a cup of water does wonders for my libre readings, one cup fixes elevated BG asap.

Edited by IrinaHarr