Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

7.1 My dog is missing his days in the park thanks to the lockdown. I got a bite from a much loved dog when there on Thursday, just a clean fang  puncture.

I was about to pick up her ball just as another dog attempted to steal it & my arm was in the way of the dispute.

Still trying to save electricity, I hung a white thermal blanket in the sun to dry. An hour later I saw a yellow patch on the lower part.. he mustve tagged it with a full bladder. I guess it was also his blanket so it  had to branded.

12 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

there wasn't any puddles, the rain just soaks in the ground

ah..lovely memories of playing golf beside the ocean.

meyery2k
28 minutes ago, adiantum said:

An hour later I saw a yellow patch on the lower part.. he mustve tagged it with a full bladder. I guess it was also his blanket so it  had to branded.

Bella, the calico, has to sleep in my clean clothes and mark them.   I always seem to have orange or white fur in my casual clothes :)

adiantum

Not everyone is loved as much as us :rofl:

2 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

Bella, the calico, has to sleep in my clean clothes and mark them.   I always seem to have orange or white fur in my casual clothes :)

FunDad62

Going to pick up my motorcycle this morning.  It's been at the shop almost three weeks to get new tires.  Their mechanic was on vacation for a week, then I had to quarantine, and it's rained every afternoon since I tested negative.

IrinaHarr

142 this morning, last 24 hrs I had 2 lows that I never had since I started using Libre sensor. Yesterday was my fasting day and at 8pm my reader started sounding alarm and I am like "whar?" how is is possible to have a high over 200 when fasting? Turned out it was low 63, after evening snack - fresh cuke and deli roll followed by tea with sweetner (zero carb). Anyway, I had a slice of toast and 1/4 cup heavy cream to amend low, then it slowly went up ending in 125 (tested blood with strip at 126 to make sure reader is correct). Then at 2 am I got another low at 61, did nothing only drank water and kept checking in case it got lower; not at all - it started going back up without my help all the way to 169 by 5am! With extra water to drink I outslept the DF and woke up with 142 at 7am. 

Diana_CT

Right now I am hemming and hawing about going grocery shopping in Provincetown, for one thing this is the Pan-Mass Challenge weekend and it is going to be mobbed and the other thing is the COVID outbreak. I sure most of you have heard about the COVID outbreak here over the 4th of July. even though the outbreak is over thanks to requiring masks and contact tracing once again but I am a little leery about going into a packed store. Maybe I will go in the evening, after 6.

The first time that I saw all the riders I had no idea what it was the the Pan-Mass Challenge, just an endless stream of bike riders with contestants numbers on their backs. And they were all stopping at a store in Truro, it turned out to be a homemade ice cream store. After riding from Bourne in 90 degree heat I don't blame them for stopping (I imagine that by now that they stock up on ice cream for the PMC). For the PMC they have a special bike lane that they set up (I have no idea where they get 60 miles of traffic cones), and in Provincetown they take over the bus and RV parking lot by Shank Painter Rd with vehicles from bike manufacturers.

meyery2k

I saw photos from a recent ride across Iowa challenge.  I also noticed the Sturgis motorcycle rally is on.  On a smaller scale, the community theater I participate in opened with "Pirates of Penzance".  Sadly, for me, not this year.  Our numbers were looking great all summer.  We are now in the midst of our worst surge ever.  There is no talk of any regulation other than indoor masking is still a requirement.  Having seen what so called mild cases of COVID can do, I do everything I can not to get it so I am back on lock down.  Only go  to a few stores out of necessity and early morning/late evening to avoid people.  No in person meeting for me for now.  Not until the numbers come back down.

I think, as a community, we became complacent and then burned out on this next surge and many simply don't care.  For my part, I don't need the government to help me figure out what to do so back to lockdown I go.  It is only temporary.

This graph shows our state.  This is our worst surge so far.  Hospitals are standing by hoping they can handle the increased caseload.  

image.thumb.png.de0862ebd5a063723a26a14eac40902c.png

adiantum

8 because of midnight snacks.I tried taking  BP meds at night as they ae making me dizzy, but it must be them thats preventing me from falling asleep 1min after my head hits the pillow. I dont like it!! 

Ive a bit of yardwork to do today creating a runway for my dog to chase a ball. He's lacking mental stimulation by not going to his park. 

The only essential outing I have is for kerosine. I'm overdue for a tetanus shot, so hoping that dogs fang didnt infect me as medical centres & hospital emergency dept's are  on the covid hot spot lists. How good it is to have vaccines to  keep us safe. My uncle died  from tetanus as a child. 

Hammer

Lee, as a radio club member, I've taken on the responsibility of trimming back the weeds on our repeater location.  I don't trim back the weeds,  I spray them with Roundup, which prevents them from growing again.  I wanted to spray them last weekend, but it was going to rain late Saturday night, and they don't recommend that you spray Roundup if there is rain forecast in the next 24 hours, which it was, so I didn't go up to spray the weeds last Saturday.  I'll be going up tomorrow (Sunday) to try and spray the weeds.  As I've gotten older, it's a lot harder than when I was younger, because the repeater site is located on a highly elevated driveway.  This driveway is so steep, that I have yet to meet anyone that can walk up the driveway, without having to stop to catch their breath.  I only mention this in this thread  since I saw where you were clearing a runway for you dog, and knowing how hard that was.  Oh, and don't think that the vaccines are preventing anything as they are obsolete.  If you want to see what will prevent you from getting COVID-19, check out the Novovax website.

adiantum

Hammer, Ive been neglecting my yardwork owing to a major rut I'm in. I'm trying to sort my treasures  to dispose of or keep ...that has me indoors which I hate , hence the rut.

I've used roundup in the '80's  & that killed all my goldfish in ponds some 20yrds away. It's also carcenogenic although I forget the LD50 but its on the label, so please check that before handling it & wear protective gear. 

Getting old sucks.. theres so many chores that I just cant do anymore & relying on casual paid workers is the pits.  Yesterday I noticed the son of Lazarus  has cleared a path  between the tree trunks again, so it looks like he intends tresspassing again.  I can get  a roll of barbed wire delivered but Ive not got the confidence to climb trees or even ladders anymore.

Still looking at houses to move to.. thought I'd found the perfect one but , wow its in a drought affected area & I doubt they have online supermarkets there.

At least by looking around I know what I want.. broadband, online shopping, privacy & security.  Loved  this house in the link. . pity  theres no online shopping.

Going into a supermarket is just not for me. I once saw a former socialite reduced to needing a carer to take her shopping. My heart went out to her & was  aware of her lost dignity even though she was still dripping in diamonds & gold. Online shopping is perfect for the aged & disabled which allows them to do more fun stuff then shopping.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-wellington-136724886

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-wellington-136724886

:rofl: Pffft to your other recomendation 

FunDad62

Got the bike home and now it's in the garage in pieces.  Lol.  I decided to change the coolant and to do that you have to remove the gas tank and a few side panels.

@meyery2k - From what I'm hearing that graph could apply to every state right now.  A week ago they were saying the little county I live in was "per capita the worst in the USA".  I haven't noticed people acting any different here.  Sad.  I'm glad I got the vaccine.  I still started wearing a mask again though.

IrinaHarr

128 today, lowest since New Year. Hope they do not do mask mandate again, planned to go to church in-person Sept 1st, picked a country church with no funky covid setups and no mask requirement at communion.

meyery2k
5 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

Got the bike home and now it's in the garage in pieces.  Lol.  I decided to change the coolant and to do that you have to remove the gas tank and a few side panels.

Hoping there are no leftover parts...

97 today.

adiantum

7.4 I expected better ......dang.. now I sound like my mother.

This lockdown is on day 5. I know it's Monday because  it sounds different to yesterday but very quiet. 

Groceries will be delivered after 5pm, which was the first available time when I submitted the order Thursday

Hammer

An 82 (4.56) today.  I just got back from spraying the weeds at our club's repeater site with Roundup, .  I'm getting too old for this...not because it's too difficult, but because I have to do it slowly, like sitting down every few minutes to give my legs and feet a rest. (the feet are the worst part, since you are standing on a sloping driveway, that's about 1/8 of a mile long, and it's full of broken asphalt and rocks.)

FunDad62

Today is my younger daughters 19th birthday (the one that lives with me).  Last year as a teenager.  Oh to be young again.