Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Diana_CT

The mobs are gone.

The bike race is over, the traffic is getting back to just crazy instead of insane. So I am hoping that the grocery store will not be crowded this morning.

The price of lobster is sky high, the price has more than doubled, just a lobster roll used to be around $15 now a lobster roll is going for $30! As anyone who knows me knows that I am addicted to lobster and I haven't had my lobster fix in weeks so yesterday I broke down and bought one. I normally buy a bowl of clam chowder to go with it but the clam chowder that they make is thicken with flour and corn starch. The regular place that I go to doesn't thicken it but to go there I would have had to make left turn on to Rt. 6... impossible with the traffic yesterday. So I made a right turn to the other clam shack, that restaurant is across from the entrance to Marconi Station CCNS has a traffic light.

adiantum

Hammer, it might pay to look  at different shoes for these occasions. I find suitable shoes  can even reduce pain.

Check sports stores  similar  to those they wear on cross country etc.

My old faithfuls I like to walk in on flat ground  get new good quality  innersoles  every now & then & that makes a difference.

Interesting link Diana, you make a great ambassador.

IrinaHarr

131 today, still nice and cool in the morning after downpour on Saturday. I chopped up canna lily in my garden, it was supposed to be short one with big double crimson flowers (got it at reputable garden center); it grew 7 ft tall with tiny skinny carroty clusters like a swamp weed. So I chopped it and will be planting perennials in those two spots when it gets cooler again. I can see all my zinnias now :)

Edited by IrinaHarr

Hammer

An 89 (4.94) today.  Lee, I was thinking the same thing.  I typically wear athletic shoes...New Balance 991's, and they are great shoes, but they aren't great for doing work.  I also have my work boots that I wore when I was working...a pair of Red Wing work boots, that are also great.  The only down side to the work boots is that it's hard to drive a manual transmission car with them, since they are so stiff.  I was thinking about that yesterday when my feet and legs were wearing out as I was spraying the weeds.  The next time I spray the weeds, I think that I'll wear my New Balance shoes as I drive to the repeater site, then when I get there, I'll change into my work boots.  The New Balance athletic shoes are great for walking or jogging, but when it comes to standing still or doing work, they don't offer much support, where as the Red Wing work boots are great for doing work, like when you are working off of a ladder, or doing work on uneven surfaces, since these work boots have a stiff sole and great inserts.

adiantum

7.8  I broke lockdown yesterday to take the dog to the park, he needed that & slept soundly when home.

I took 500g /1lb beef mince just in case the birds hadnt forgotten me. Ha.. I hadnt even got out of the car & had 11 Pied butcher birds along the fence & in the tree all screaching at me , with most frantically flapping their wings yet stationary. I've never seen such a sight & wouldve enjoyed just watching it but had to start throwing  mini meatballs  to them. Midday is a good time  in Winter as theres no others there but we will have to go early when summer arrives.

Those birds can identify my car, others have commented  that no bird can be seen  until I arrive & then they come from all directions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjS_irNKSzM

adiantum

Filled the census forms online last night, now I 'm wondering what I've done will all that money I've had .

Our lockdown is bound to  be extended..it's scary to have infected our school children. 3 local primary/junior schools now have covid  infected children.

Online shopping seems to have attracted  extra shoppers. The delivery guy said he usually gets 20 orders per shift but it was 32 on Monday.

meyery2k

102 this morning.  Looks like we are going back into COVID restrictions.  Gatherings limited to 10 inside, 25 outside, restaurants can run at 50% capacity.

adiantum

6.6 Predicting what foods I'll feel like next week is my latest challenge. With the days warming up  I longed for a crisp salad , now I hope I'll still feel like one next Sunday when my order gets delivered. It was the first available delivery time. I'm just thankful I dont have to go into a store for  groceries.

Its been suggested these lockdowns could be inforce until November.

Edited by adiantum

Hammer

A 75 (4.17) today.  Lee, I solved the problem of figuring what foods I might like to eat next week....I just don't eat.😁  I agree with you though, a nice crisp salad has always been a favorite of mine.  The best salads were the ones that my Mom would make for dinner every night.  They weren't anything special...Iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, fresh tomatoes, diced up celery, and cut up radishes, and she always added oil and vinegar as the dressing.  Everyone who ate her salads really liked them, and it wasn't until years later that I found out why her salads were so good.  She would buy three heads of lettuce, then rip the lettuce and remove all of the hard, white pieces of lettuce, and just use the green leafy parts of the lettuce.  It took three heads of lettuce to make one large bowl of her salad.

FunDad62

Cut my grass yesterday afternoon in the heat.  😂  It sure looks nice out the window this morning.

IrinaHarr

142 this morning. I did something really stupid yesterday: I felt strongly I wanted MILK (not chocolate milk) and I drank a glass of 2% milk, then another one, and another... Long story short reader screamed at me an hour later with 342 reading (test strip confirmed) and it took 4 hrs to get it down to 138. Then at night it dropped to 63 and meter alarmed me again. Lots of water drinking and constantly interrupted sleep. And I have done it to myself - one glass of milk was probably ok but most of the half gallon jug?? :banghead:

Edited by IrinaHarr