Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

6.5 admittedly it was 8 at 3am on one of the 2 hourly  bathroom visits during the night.

It has to be amlodopine as Ive had 5 hr visits before this drug.

I'll continue wearing a mask feeling a little safer in public, that is when we can mix in public.

There are other advantages in that I cant smell people through them & I can eat garlic anytime I want.

FunDad62

Nothing like waking up early on a Monday morning and there's doggy diarrhea around the house and the coffee maker switch broke and won't turn on. 🤬

Edited by FunDad62

IrinaHarr

139 today. I used to freak out because my morning readings were like 178 and now with libre reader I can scan my arm when I wake up before I even open my eyes (139) and after I put on slippers, let the dogs out and scan it again mere minutes later its is 40 points higher (178). Mystery solved.

FunDad, sorry to hear about puppy issues! I understand no coffee disaster (had power outage for days last time bad storm hit), hope you can get it work soon.

adiantum

FunDad I believe people have called 911 after incidences as bad as yours. 

I keep a paint scraper for such accidents & I'd get in the car & find the closest drive thru  for coffee.

I sure hope your day got better.

FunDad62

To my surprise we got a pretty good squall late yesterday, presumably the very outer bands of Fred.  Two more out there but neither looks like they pose a threat to my part of the world.  During said squall, I was in Target buying a new coffee maker.  :)

Diana_CT

A nice reading this morning, 117

I'm off to the Cape this morning, they are starting the new patio this week and I want to be there as they start. I want to make sure that they have the layout of it right. 

adiantum

Watched a new tv series last night " back to nature"  with Aaron Pedersen. Great viewing but they also read a paragraph from Speak to the Earth by Elyne Mitchell. I had to get that book. straight away  I went to buy on ebay where there was 2 copes under $12 but the buy now tab was missing. OK, I went to abebooks & bought it there. returned to ebay & saw the books were now on buy it now but have increased to over $40, I guess the seller watched that show on tv also  & knew they had a gem. I bought 2 other Australiana titles assuming their value was increasing also ,JinKI  Dingo of Snows & Chauvel Country.

Justified the purchases as lockdown entertainment.

Ran, I hope you feel better soon.

FunDad62

Didn't test until I'd been up a few hours and had coffee with creamer.

This dog....I don't think I can do this anymore.  I don't know what I was thinking letting my daughter convince me to get a hyperactive puppy two days after moving in to a new house.  She's now 40 pounds and is destroying my house.  She chewed the corner of the baseboard in my kitchen yesterday.

Diana_CT

123 this morning.

I donated a pint of blood to the mosquitos when I was unloading the car, there are so many mosquitos that they have to take a number and stand in line to wait to bite you.

IrinaHarr

139 today, I noticed too that black coffee (no sugar) raises my BG. Two rather warm days in the forecast temp in 90s then it was promised a rain and a cool down for the weekend. Its muggy again right now.

FunDad, I apologize for saying it again: kennel training. When you go to bed, your puppy sleeps in the kennel with door closed. Do not leave her unattended because she is learning to do bad things by being free, bored, and teething. You are right about one thing, new puppy is a lot of work. Going to a puppy training class might help and trainer will advise about other things as well. (and IF you find it overwhelming there is no shame in finding her another good home.)

Edited by IrinaHarr

meyery2k

88 here...

My Mom raised show Afghan Hounds.  They tend to be strong-willed and temperamental.  Any pup we ever had would be kennel trained at first.  Eventually, most of the time, the kennel would become unnecessary.  If the doggos reverted, back to the kennel.

At night, dog would placed in the kennel, covered, with an old school ticking clock on top.  They stay there all night. No matter how much they whine.  This also helped with housebreaking since they generally won't eliminate in their den.

We had a few dogs that liked the kennel.  It was their cave.  We had some dogs that behaved great without it when we stopped training.  Most dogs fell somewhere in between.

I don't want to turn this into a lecture but my Mom stressed to us they were dogs, not people.  To be good dogs they need to be treated as good dogs.  Treating them as people encourages unwanted behavior.  There are so many ideas on dog raising and I am sure other methods work well but this worked for us.  We never had to give up on a dog but we sure had some ones that were difficult at first. 

My daughter carries on the tradition with her Blue Heeler and Terrier mix.  While they are far from perfect dogs, they are good ones.

adiantum

I was too excited about the book purchase. 1 was cancelled, 1 posted & the seller who has a history of not posting has made no contact on the 3rd .

7 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

there are so many mosquitos that they have to take a number and stand in line to wait to bite you.

:rofl:

IrinaHarr

125 today, on my way to the park to walk the dog. It is still dark but by the time we get there it will be daylight and perfect temp. By the time sun rises it is too warm.

FunDad, where did you do? Hope we have not scared you off with a lot of advice.

FunDad62

Called the vet yesterday (who happens to be my nephew) and told him about the diarrhea and he told me to come by and pick up some antibiotics, which I did and gave her the first one last night and another this morning.  I know antibiotics take a few days to start working but her poop was normal this morning, so maybe whatever she got in to has run it's course.

My mom says the same things about dog.  It's just a dog.  Harper has out-grown her crate and her pen is short enough she could jump over it but she doesn't.  We only put her in there if we need to leave the house for an hour or two and she just sleeps.  It'd cost me $150 to get a bigger crate and taller pen.  😮

Out last dog was a little Beagle.  We put her in a crate every night as a puppy and one morning I woke up and her crate was completely covered in diarrhea and she was too, sitting there trembling.  Who knows how long she'd been sitting there because she couldn't lay down.  I felt so bad.  Now I have a slight aversion to crates.