Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

FunDad62

@adiantum - 90F in Australia must be very different than 90F in the southeast United States because that is full on air conditioning temps!

Diana_CT

My reading this foggy morning was 124.

We are supposed to begin a three day heat wave, a 90/90 day, 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity today.

The National Weather Service released this time lapse radar video of Henri on Facebook. I live right in the middle of Connecticut where the 3 roads makes a triangle. It is pretty neat, the way it came ashore and fell apart.

Edited by Diana_CT

IrinaHarr
12 hours ago, adiantum said:

90F is just a lovely Spring day with no need for air con

I would not mind it if it was low humidity but 90F with 62% humidity (or higher) is hard - skin cannot properly evaporate water to cool the body - I get red on face in 20 min working in the yard and feeling miserable literally drenched in sweat. Have to drop everything and dash back inside for 2 glasses of iced water or risk a heat stroke. Yesterday I went outside only once to fill water dish for the pups and it felt like walking into sauna.

132 today. We had fast thunderstorm overnight with wind, it is cooler this morning but will be 90F later today.

Edited by IrinaHarr

Hammer

A 64 (3.55) today.  Typically, when we have those 90/90 days (90° with 90% humidity), we usually get a thunderstorm as evening sets in, because the air is cooling down, and the 90% humidity can't remain in the air molecules, since the air molecules begin to shrink, thereby pushing out the moisture.

meyery2k

90 today.  Kilauea, the volcano, might do something interesting.   Increased seismic activity the last couple of days.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/?extent=17.73299,202.08801&extent=20.87934,207.83386&magnitude=all&listOnlyShown=true&timeZone=utc

adiantum

Thanks for Kilauea's news.. I am in awe of that power yet would be terrified to life close.

FunDad it must be hotter in Florida then here.

I dont really have air con apart from a tiny one in the loungeroom wall that I turn on for the dog when it gets to 38C which seems to be his discomfort zone.

I paid $5 for it at a garage sale 20yrs ago & it cant get cooler then 30C.

Trees shade the roof of my house until midday & I have turbo fans on the floor in most rooms  for my dogs comfort & one on  the desk & beside my bed  for me. I also have an outdoor shower to really cool off when it  gets hotter then 40C. Its better then in a bathroom as that enclosed space just has you feeling sweaty again. Saturating your head brings your body temp down.

Every dog has it's day and this just happens to be it. Happy National Dogs Day to all the dogs & their humans.

I'll take my boy to the park as he's having lockdown blues & hope he meets other dogs there as he often refuses to get  into the car if he's not seen at least one of his friends. I might even chase the ball for him. Its his ball so he's the captain. I throw the ball, he chases it & sits until I arrive to throw it again.

Acacia cognata.jpg

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 129.

I was sitting out on the deck yesterday reading and I noticed that there were a lot of birds in the trees. Then at night I went out to relax before bed I found out why the birds were there during the day, cicadas! There sounded like there  was thousands of them,  they must have hatched and the birds were probably eating them on the trees. 

IrinaHarr

142 at 6am (122 at 4am before it went up). Forgot my evening meds including diabetes pills.

FunDad - drink more water, I noticed my libre reading drops 30 points after a glass of water. Its bizzarre but I tested it again and again and it never fails.

Lee - that's a serious looking boy :)

Hammer
14 hours ago, adiantum said:

I dont really have air con apart from a tiny one in the loungeroom wall that I turn on for the dog when it gets to 38C which seems to be his discomfort zone.

I paid $5 for it at a garage sale 20yrs ago & it cant get cooler then 30C.

Lee, when your small A/C has been running for a while, open up the front cover where the filter is, remove the filter and look at the coils.  If they are frosted up, that means that the A/C is low on Freon.  The only solution to that would be to take it to a repair shop and have them charge it up, but since it's more than 20 years old, it's cheaper to just buy a new A/C unit, plus, the newer unit would be more energy efficient, and would cost less to run.

adiantum

The boy got to enjoy the park yesterday for International Dogs Day even though none of his friends were there. He inhaled every scent that park could offer.

I also took 1lb/500g ground beef/mince meat for the birds. Baby birds squark & flap their wings for food.. well, so do adult birds.

It's a fantastic experience  which I'd love to sit back & watch but I have to get busy throwing meat balls in the air. Then I put meat balls on the steel railing & they swoop in to take them. I kept a bit  back & moved down to another section of the park & fed more there. The Magpie mum came & took the last two balls from my hand. I'll have to take more meat next time.  An "expert" on the radio said magpies will be swooping more this season as they wont recognise people behind the masks. Well thats just not so... I wore a mask & they still come to be hand fed.

Thanks Hammer but I really dont want to spend anymore money on this house. I just want to move out but overwhelmed at all my possessions & covid  has become the latest obstacle.

I should not op-shop as all its done is add to the clutter. I've often giggled at the amount of towels & sheets etc I have thinking they'll do me for the rest of my life., but hey.. maybe I wont be here that many years to enjoy most. What a horrible thought.

IrinaHarr

128 at 5am today, we still have heat advisory here for today and most of Saturday before cool front drops from the North to give us a break.

Lee, I have accepted as unknown my exact time of death - could be today or 30 years from now. My sister seemed healthy and passed in her sleep at 48, it took 15 min and she was gone. My mother in law lots of health issues, she is 88 and still driving to church herself. So, enjoy life and do not let gloomy thoughts to take over...

meyery2k

93 this morning.   Kilauea quieted down.  The earthquake swarm stopped for the good part of the day but it appears to have started up again.

adiantum

Irina I'm OK about dying...someone else will have to de-clutter for me but I insist they appreciate those beautiful towels I stocked up on when $1 at the op-shop. Brand new Sheridan towels for $1 woohoo.. I started buying to wrap around art work & china when packing. Then the dark grey ones were handy for the car etc. Every day I'd go to the op-shop I'd buy more towels.

My car used to belong to Nan a 90yr old woman & when she died Pop sold it to his grandson who sold it to me. He said he promised Pop he'd leave Nans umbrella in the door pocket, but said it was OK for me to remove it as its now my car. Well... someone should tell nan that! 

I took the umbrella out & the car wont start & it activated the alarm. Three days later & that car still refused to start, I rang the seller yet he offered no help.

I put the umbrella back in the door... Yesssss !! 

Days later at the park telling a friend & gave her the umbrella.. car wont start. Nan can have the drivers side door & I hope she doesnt mind I keep my umbrella in the passengers door.

Wow Clint...69.......... enjoy !!!