Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 127

My heart goes out to all those whose lives have been or will be touched by Ida. ♥️

FunDad62

Heard from my brother late yesterday after his cell service was restored.  All is well with them.  Trees down, lots of debris but the house was untouched.  He's 30 miles north of New Orleans so the storm had weakened slightly by the time it got to him.

IrinaHarr

128 today, we had a monsterous cloud of thunderstorms banging non stop from 2am to 7am this morning. It was a good long soaking rain, garden looks refreshed :)

Diana_CT

Which amazed me because I snacked in the middle of the night.

After the 6:30 news I read my book in bed, the next thing I knew was I woke up groggy and wondering why my phone still said Sept. 31. Is it broken? I shake it a couple and it still said  Sept. 31, 11:45 PM. Then it slowly dawned on me that I must have fallen asleep reading.

So now I am wide awake after a four and a half hour sleep... midnight... 1 AM... 2AM... I take a OTC sleeping pill. 3AM... 8AM...

I am awake but groggy once again but this time from the sleeping pill. I foresee a couple of naps today as the rain from Ida begins to fall.

The remnants of Ida is supposed to join up with a low pressure system a fall Nor'easter is to form off the coast and bring heavy rains to the already saturated ground. The Boston forecast is wind and some rain tonight and tomorrow, the Cape is to get the wind while most of the rain is inland. Meanwhile back home they are forecasting 4 to 5 inches of rain with 6 to 8 inches in some spots in Connecticut.

We had the fourth wettest summer on record. And the fall is starting off wet.

IrinaHarr
20 hours ago, adiantum said:

Acacia pycnantha

I know that plant! Black sea area has those growing and they are called "mimosa" when touched leaves sort of fold. Little bunches used to be given for Women's Day (=Mothers Day) in former USSR.

136 today. Discovered growing spot in the kitchen ceiling, must be slow leak on the roof somewhere :( called roofing company that installed roof 2 years ago.

Hammer

An 88 (4.89) today.  Someone must have gotten ahold of my e-mail address, since I've been getting lots of spam lately.  Today, so far, I've received 92 spam e-mails.

adiantum

7.3 Spring is my absolute favourite season, I just love feeling warm again. I even feel like playing in the garden again thanks to BP meds, I just thought feeling poorly was an a part of aging .

My boy panted a bit pretending he was hot under his thick fur coat.

He needs to go to the groomers but I'm not sure if that passes the lockdown restrictions.

Irina, I know the Mimosa sensitive plant but its not the same as our Acacias.

Hammer that really sucks. Ive been enraged  at a low classed political party sending  a text to my cell phone

Diana_CT
3 hours ago, Hammer said:

An 88 (4.89) today.  Someone must have gotten ahold of my e-mail address, since I've been getting lots of spam lately.  Today, so far, I've received 92 spam e-mails.

Same here. I didn't have that many but I did delete 17 emails in an hour.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 132.

I made it through the night!

Ida struck last night, around 11 last night I was woken up to my phone buzzing and ringing a funny ring, I googly pick it up and look at it.

A Tornado Warning has been issued for your area!

Oh that’s nice and roll over to go back to sleep. Something in the back of my head kept on saying No, no get up… this could be serious!

I got up and turn on the TV and every station was reporting on the warning and where the “possible areas of rotation” were. Martha’s Vineyard had a number of “possible areas of rotation” and towns on the Cape had warnings issued for Falmouth, Sagamore, Sandwich and Barnstable.

I learned a lot last night, how when you look at the velocity setting on the radar you cans see the “possible areas of rotation” where the red winds moving away from the radar and the green winds that are moving toward the radar, and how tornadoes form in areas of convergence just like the one over the Cape.

On Martha’s Vineyard there were a whole line of “possible areas of rotation” moving across the island and heading for the Cape. There were at least 6 places that could be having tornadoes moving northeast across the Cape and islands. The areas would form and then disappear to only pop up in another place.

You know how they show the predicted path of the storm… well it had Wellfleet in its sights in another 45 minutes. But the storm was losing strength and all the tornado warnings were being lifted and when it hit Wellfleet it was just some very strong winds and very heavy rain. I took my pillows out of the bath tub and went back to bed.

So this morning when it gets light out we will see if any of those “possible areas of rotation” formed any tornadoes.

IrinaHarr

130 today. Still waiting for call back from the roofing company, I am going to walk into their office this afternoon if I do not get a call soon. Another rain front is approaching, I really do not want a mold problem here...

adiantum

7.5  after a pig out.

Thankfully there was no missed calls on my phone this morning. There were a few from the bank the night before at 1.30am when someone tried to use my credit card to buy groceries & $275 beauty products. I dont know how they do this as that is just a new card &  thats now cancelled.

Kudos to you Diana for taking precauctions & I'm so glad they wernt needed.

I teared up when watching apartments flooding in Manhattan , so many people drowned in their own homes. Ida at her cruelest!

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 121.

Things are back to normal on the Cape at my end of the Cape but they are cleaning up after the wind damage from a F0 tornado that touched down in the lower Cape.

I'm cleaning the cottage for company coming up for the 3 day weekend.