Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

TX_Clint
16 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Have you ever noticed that all pharmacies have the cigarettes located at the front of the store, but the pharmacist and the drugs are located at the back of the store, forcing those sick people to walk all the way to the back of the store to get their medicines, while the smokers just walk up to the front counter?  That seems backwards to me.

Hmmm... My pharmacy, CVS, doesn't sell tobacco products. That's actually one reason I shop there.

adiantum

Not in Australia! smoking is really  frowned upon these days & smoking areas are very limited.

You cant smoke in open shopping malls, hospitals or any government  property

stores & garages that sell them cant have them on display.

You can buy them from the service desk & the clerk unlocks a small roller door to retrieve them.

The packets no longer have art on the packet as its now displaying seriously decayed teeth or gangerinous body images.

Theres a huge tax  on all tobacco products with the average cigarette costing $2each.

Marlboro Gold Cigarettes 25's 25 pack

Marlboro Gold Cigarettes 25'sMarlboro Gold Cigarettes 25's 25 pack

$ 48 .45$48.45
25 pack  Unit Price$1.94 per 1Ea

Prices include all taxes
Add to listAdd or remove Marlboro Gold Cigarettes 25's 25 pack from a list

Add Add1 Marlboro Gold Cigarettes 25's 25 packfor $48.45

IrinaHarr

146 today, had one sweet corn on the cob and it did not affect my BG much. I was working in the back yard in the morning while it was still cool, trying to start white clover seed where tree stump was ground. Sod / grass dies there every year because wood decomposing process depletes nitrogen in the soil and this spot does not absorb much water. So, I am trying white clover, it might do better in strange spot; at this time I will be happy to have any green ground cover growing there or there will be lots of muddy paw prints in the fall / winter in the house 🐾

FunDad62

I'm taking a vacation day today to extend the long weekend.  Had mom here over the weekend and drove her home yesterday.  We had a great visit.  She had me driving her all over town shopping for things for her garden.  And had a small chore list for me when I took her home before I left.  Lol.  58 years old and my mom still has a to-do list for me.

adiantum

Hammer, that's not good  but it explains why so many travellers are picked out at the airport smuggling in excess tobacco.

Theyre allowed 200 cigarettes, but watching those tv customs shows theyve discarded clothing & gifts  preferring to pack their cases with cigarettes.

They all decline paying the import duty so their spoils are destroyed.

There is also a huge fine if caught smoking in a car with children as passengers.

Taxes collected from tobacco products goes to our health dept.

I know only two smokers.. one is a friend that stays outdoors when visiting &  Ive seen a man in the park puffing away.

Irina I  love clover, apart from its nitrogen fixing bacteria, it  encourages bees

FunDad62

House next door is getting a new roof.  They delivered all the supplies yesterday.  As I opened the curtains this morning at 6:20 in the dark, a worker walked into the neighbors back yard.  I guess they start early to beat the heat.  Well I had Harper on her leash to take her out and oh boy, she went ballistic and barked, then ran back in to the living room and about yanked my arm out of the socket.  She's been nervous ever since.  Won't leave my side.  Such a baby.

Back to work this morning.  At least it will be a short week.

adiantum

7- Glad you posted Ran, when you missed yesterday I was concerned breathing in those smoke particles had got to you.

I cant imagine working as a roofer. The height & on a steep pitch would be scary , then you'd have the wind or heat.

Diana_CT

128 this morning. 

I forgot to take a reading yesterday morning, my company left early in the morning so there was a lot of running around with them getting ready to leave. Later I went and bought some mums for the window boxes, I took photos of them on my cell phone but they didn't come out.

I'm back home for two weeks. 

FunDad62

I think as I get older controlling my glucose levels becomes more difficult.  I have no idea why my reading is so high this morning. :(

IrinaHarr

137 this morning, I am back on Janumet because on metformin alone my average BG from 6.5 to 7.2 in just several days. I was cocky I thought I was smarter than diabetes and could control it just with fasting and diet ;) My sensor tracked it so well it was obvious I was wrong and that I had to go back on expensive drug.. but the good news is yesterday's BG graph shows much lower levels. 

My clover seed sprouted just after 3 days, I kept watering it and day / night temperatures are perfect. 

Lee, my hubby also mentioned clover being bee friendly is an added benefit!

adiantum

7.3 getting excited that Spring will be here for the weekend. 29c/84f is predicted.

Ive thought of another job I'd not like apart from roofing......prison officers in Australia, where smoking is not permitted for  inmates.

It would be a volatile atmosphere  even with nicotine patches provided.