Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

7.3 Whilst I enjoyed yesterdays sun I realised my dog was heat stressed. I unpacked the fan for him & for an hour he slept with his head against the grill.

I made an appointment for next week for  the groomer to remove his thick winter coat.

Re-filling the water bowl in the park yesterday I noticed a termite tunnel going up the tree trunk to its nest . They need a tunnel to keep their soft skins from being  burnt in the sun. Fascinating adaption. Borrowed this pic but my tree just had one tunnel.

Termite-nest-tunnels.jpg

Edited by adiantum

IrinaHarr

156 this morning, still elevated - I might have been dehydrated.

We went to Omaha's event yesterday to support family of Cpl Deagan Page that died in Afghanistan on Aug 26. More than 12,000 people lined streets in our part of town where guard was driving from airport to mortuary bringing his body home. Thousands of flags. Everybody went so quiet when they reached our street, all I could hear 3 helicopters that were hanging over us. 

Edited by IrinaHarr

Diana_CT

I forgot yesterday to take a reading but today my number is 129.

What beautiful weekend weather we are having, mid 70s (~20C), low humidity, with a few fairweather clouds. A top 10 weekend. 

IrinaHarr

127 at 4:30am, then 179 at 6:30. Cooler today, I was having coffee in the garden watching bees and butterflies all over the blooms. Autumn clematis smells like honey :)

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

7.4 Yesterday was my optimum temperature day of pleasure 30C /  86F with only 40% humidity.

I was able to do yardwork without heat or cold stressed wishing I could  find a place that was similar all year, but today will be back to wearing sweaters.

My garden has been neglected these past 2 yrs but it still gives pleasure smelling the Wisteria & admiring the red Bouganvillea blooms.

Next season promises to be  good  with the Hippeastrum buds appearing & the beginnings of a banana flower emerging. 

I really hope the bees arrive soon . Ive only seen 3 this week & all 3 were dead.

FunDad62

Jumped out of bed and drove up to the lab for blood work for my upcoming endo appointment.  Signed in, waited, then was told my doctors office did not send in any orders.  Grrrr.  Now I have to do it a second time.  🤬

The weather is a bit nicer now.  I got some things done outside that I've been putting off until the humidity dropped.  I actually got to walk twice this weekend too.  Afternoon thunderstorms have stopped.  My favorite time of the year approaching.  October through March.

IrinaHarr

140 this morning with new libre sensor on the right arm (have not used right arm before). This morning there was 13 points difference between the reader and the strip blood test, I am going to allow sensor 24 hrs to work out more accurate readings.

We got cool front yesterday afternoon, did not get any rain but very nice cool breeze. Finishing extended no-dig bed (lay down carton boxes, pin it or put small blocks on the edge, cut excess with blade, dump bags of top soil) and then I will need to plant my cuttings and may be move my 2 yr old cuttings of Bobo hydrangeas to a new spot. I love sweater weather, crisp air and bright sun. I have already priced Thanksgiving turkey :)

Edited by IrinaHarr

Diana_CT

148 @ 4:30 AM

I woke up around 1:30 AM tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep. At 2:30 I made some unsweetened decaf ice tea and sat out on the deck listening to the frogs and peepers. I went back inside and tossed and turned until 4:30 and said the heck with that took my reading and made breakfast. I tried going to sleep again and woke up now at 8:30.

So I had split sleep cycle, 4 hours of sleep and 4 hours.

When I was still living with my parents I used to wake up at 5 to get ready for work at 7 AM and my father used to be up and reading in his chair, I think that he also suffered a split sleep cycle.

adiantum

7 on this cold & wet Tuesday at 53F I'd have the heater on but it would over heat my dog in his thick  winter fur coat .

He goes to the groomers tomorrow. I wasnt sure it would fit in with our lockdown conditions but its a health issue & within our allowed 5km/3m boundary.

Irina, I love the Bobo Hydrangeas but lost mine to the drought 3yrs ago. The most popular here is Hydrangea macrohylla  which I have growing in a few places. Its originally from my grandmothers garden. I've always loved  gardens & Hydrangeas were a fav. Best childood memory is having to go to the cemetery when about 4yrs old . I had to sit in the boat while mother packed it with bottles of water & so many flowers that I couldnt move. It was mostly blue Hydrangeas & white Shasta daisies. It was an isolated journey along the heavily tree lined riverbank only passing about 4 houses while mother rowed  about 3miles. She had a thing about making all the graves looking nice before  someones funeral was due to take place. I just had a thing about going up  the river surrounded with flowers.

Diana_CT

Beautiful morning, 60F/15C I had my coffee outside on the deck while I read the newspaper. 

All that should end this afternoon with thunderstorms as a warm humid weather moves in. Then we get the remnants of hurricane Nicholas on Thursday or Friday.