Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

IrinaHarr

129 with strip test, my sensor fell off my right arm. I sleep on that side and must've rubbed it wrong way, some time in the afternoon it stopped working and I took it off (tiny needle was bent sideways).Need to refill sensor prescription before I can get another one.

FunDad62

Yesterday afternoon I tested at 125 before going for my walk, so I ate a little snack.  30 minutes in to my walk I could tell it was low.  I was mad.  I carry 3 glucose tablets in my pocket when I walk so I ate those.  They don't help a lot in my experience.  The closer I got to home the slower I walked and was light headed.  I texted my daughter and she met me outside with an open Coca-Cola.  Looking back on it my "snack" was pretty low carb. 

What do you all keep on you for low's?  I need something that will work faster than glucose tablets.  Although they do taste good.  Like Sweetarts.  Lol.

TX_Clint

I haven't had a low in years FunDad. I don't carry anything for it. I also had a 98 this morning along with a hurricane. All's well here.

Hammer

Another 92 (5.11) today.  Fundad, I keep glucose tablets in both of my vehicles, in every room in my house, and in my pocket.  When I feel like I am going low, I'll just slowly eat glucose tablets, one after the other, until the low is gone, no matter how many tablets I have to eat.  One time I had to eat 15 before the low subsided.

adiantum

7.3 Yesterday was so cold at 18C / 64F but felt colder,  maybe the heavy rain 88mm / 3"

Even though I moved like the GingerBread Man because of all the clothes I wore, I had to put the heater on so my dog left the room. He gets his winter coat off this morning.

Christmas shopped online yesterday assuming  things will be scarce because of covid & the postal service is exhausted even now , so could be wose by xmas.

adiantum

What a clever idea ran 

2 hours ago, ran23 said:

cake frosting tubes about the same thing?   a lot cheaper

My stars didnt line up yesterday. Took my boy to the groomers but he wasnt overly happy to see me when I returned for him. Then he tried to herd me into the bedroom twice without success  so he  went  to bed himself. He's not done that before. He slept 6 hours, came out for dinner & returned to bed. 19 hours of sleep & I can hear him snoring. I text the groomer asking if she'd given him a sedative but thankfully no. I'll take him to his park later & to his fav treat shop  for a roo tail.

Saw this pic in todays news & hey those women are sitting on one of  my favourite corners of the world. For many years I'd visit there at any time of the day from dawn to dusk just looking at the Pacific Ocean as they are.I'd also sit under that pergola with a coffee or hamburger from the kiosk within that beautiful old building which also houses change cubicles. Waves are cool to watch as are dolphins, whales or even surfers.

Two elderly women look out to sea at Nobby's beach.

adiantum

This is the view of the pavilion from the beach. ..sorry it wont paste.

The building on the right is for the surf lifesavers 

177412.webp

The structure up high in the background is a museum now but was a military defence structure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Scratchley

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 139.

@adiantum My father was stationed at a coastal defense fort protecting the submarine base in Groton during WWII. Fort H. G. Wright was on Fisher Island. 

Fort+Wright+%255B2%255Dweb.jpg

My father is on the right,  he was a 2nd Lt. then. 

This was from a newspaper article about the National Guard 242nd Coast Artillery Regiment training cica 1940, pre-WWII 

Edited by Diana_CT

IrinaHarr

127 today.

Fundad, I heard sugar cubes work well; I would bring a small pack of orange juice with me on a dog walk for the lows only I do not have any lows - never affected that way at 89 (lowest I got so far). Libre detected something one night at 61 but after trip to the bathroom it was 119 already. I think it was a fluke on the sensor.

FunDad62

Backyard sunrise this morning.  Last night I saw the Dragon SpaceX rocket launch.  It looked like a comet.  I'm 165 miles from the launch site.

image.png.2befbd9711da3ba5ff0d39bdd6dddfce.png

adiantum

Thanks Diana, we had wonderful fathers. 

Theres a few links on Fort Scratchley    https://www.newcastle.nsw.gov.au/fort-scratchley/visit-the-fort/fort-map 

FunDad, that photo is awesome.