Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

There were picnickers everywhere in the park yesterday . I had to stop my boy from tagging a lovely  red picnic basket but felt guilty spoiling his plan.

I didnt get the clearance to picnic & I seriously doubt they did. All media outlets say " stay at home". we are allowed to go within a 3mile radius to exercise, shop etc. 

IrinaHarr

127 this morning, BG dipped lower than usual last night but nothing as serious as a low.

IrinaHarr

132 this morning, nice cool day ahead and biggest football game of the season - Huskers vs Oklahoma - old rivalry :)

adiantum

Ive been having flu like syptoms for a couple of weeks, some days good some days  really awful.

A light bulb moment last night pointed me towards allergies. Yup... Ive been occasionally eating bread plus.. the cranberry caps I sometimes take contain sulfur. that'd account for the somedays good/bad days.

Enjoy your football Irina. Next weekend is the grand final for both codes here... Australian Rules AFL and rugby league  NRL .

I'll watch the AFL because Melbourne's demons are playing, but I'm not really into team sports when I see the losing teams misery.

Diana_CT

133 was this morning reading.

In other good news, I have lost 10 lbs. (4.5KG) from my high last winter. I think part of the lost is do to Trulicity.

I was sitting out on the deck last night, it was a beautiful night, low sixties, no humidity, or wind and the stars are all out. When I heard an owl hoot, and I saw a shadow pass over. A little while later I heard a cat's meow. I just hope that it is a small owl and not one big enough to find a kitty cat as an appetizer.
People don't leave your pets outside at night, there're creatures out there that would find pets to be a nice snack.

Edited by Diana_CT

IrinaHarr

131 this morning. We went to country church again - no covid restrictions there, no masks, no dividing church hall to mask wearing and non-mask wearing halves. Nice sermon.

Getting garden ready for winter, next week temp drops to 47F at night and I am sure first frost is not too far. One dahlia produced dozens of beautiful flowers, other 4 are duds; may be one of them will have a bloom before frost. Planted all my rooted cuttings, all I have to do is move peony bushes to sun after frost kills the foliage; they did not bloom in the shade at all.

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

7.2 Which couldve been  a lot worse living in a house of stress. All I did was went into the kitchen to make coffee when a dove became airborne  & flapping wings vigorously as it circled the small room. Dog became vocal as he tried to be airborne.Cheeky dove mustve come through the doggy door.

It was a chance to use the latest word thanks to Keenest  " Shouganai ".....it is what it is.

Nice lost Diana & I support  your advice on pets being kept indoors at night. The majority of our native animals extinction is because they became a snack to  feral cats. Both of my cats lived to be 20yrs old because they were kept in at night.

Diana_CT
24 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Nice lost Diana & I support  your advice on pets being kept indoors at night. The majority of our native animals extinction is because they became a snack to  feral cats. Both of my cats lived to be 20yrs old because they were kept in at night.

Well actually I was talking about your pets being killed by wild animals. In New Hampshire when the family had a cottage there, one of the neighbors had their dog killed by a Fisher cat.

adiantum

What an interesting animal is that fisher  which I'd not known of before.

I knew you meant family pets  but  I believe native animals have right of way & its up to us to keep  domestic animals safe  at night.

Last year I heard a ringtail possum on the roof of my deck when it screamed. I then heard it screaming whilst being flown through the air  some 500+ yards away  as it mustve been within the talons of an owl. Sad but  its nature & nature keeps its populations in control according to  each system. Its humans that interfere with the cycle.

FunDad62

Circle of life.  A couple of weeks ago there was a Blue Heron in my back yard with a nice sized fish flopping on the ground.  It proceeded to swallow it whole, much to my daughters dismay.

IrinaHarr

132 today, nice rain this morning and my clover seedlings are thriving - 3 real leaves already; I am sure this stuff is tough and will not die on the former stump spot. I learned not to fight the nature where plants are concerned. We have rabbits, our puppy-girl caught another one and I had to run into the house and bring her piece of cheddar to trade (and snatch dead rabbit from her before she eats it, gross). When I planted my rooted cuttings I put bamboo sticks and bird netting around them, rabbits will always get in through chain link fence and gates and if they like phlox then I have to put barrier around them.

People are excited to see deer in the park, my first thought is that in the past they ruined my garden in the country so many times. For instance, my first iris - they ate the bloom 2 hrs after it opened like they stood waiting over it; they always ate ALL tulips till I put an old bird cage over the bulbs. I used to jump out of the house, throw rocks at them, release the dog (westie) to scare them off. They kept coming back and chow down my garden like it was breakfast bar. Long story short, we installed 4x4 posts and horizontal 2x4 and miles of bird netting to keep them out. It was not as pretty as a garden bed on the lawn but I was finally at peace.

My current garden is in the city and no deer is a BIG PLUS. :) 

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

8 both times , so I guess  that's it.

FunDad , years ago I was walking by a stream that fed into  the river & was sure I saw a heron with a snake in its mouth.

I had to share this spectacle &  the only people close by was a young couple in their car becoming quite intimate.

All I said was " theres a snake in that herons beak"  & he jumped out of the car to take a look.

Even though he identified it as an eel, he was just excited with event as I was & we chatted some time about nature.

She didnt even get out of the car & gave me a grumpy look as I passed .