Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Diana_CT

This morning’s reading was 122.

Yesterday I stopped by a local orchard to buy some late season peaches and while I was there I spied milk in the cooler with the cheese that I was looking for. Since I was going to stop on the way home to get milk I bought a quart, when I got home I notice it said whole non-homogenized pasteurized milk, shake well before serving. Sure enough when I looked close at the bottle you could see the cream on top of the milk.

Wow! I haven’t had non-homogenized since I was child and the milkman used to leave the milk on the porch. It tastes difference but I like the taste.

Now I just have to let the peaches ripen before I cut them up for my cereal. 

FunDad62

@meyery2k - Very cool video.  Drones have opened a whole new horizon for viewing things like this.  I wonder why the USGS didn't release it for two years?  

IrinaHarr

117 this morning, and we got fall weather (finally!). Cool morning 53F and 72F during the day. I am thinking bonfire :)

adiantum

6.8 I'll not take amlodipine again because of allergy. Really sore throat, swollen lower lip & flu like symptoms.

Not keen to go back to my doctor as there was a covid case listed at the pharmacy next door.. hmmm had they been to the doctors?

Diana, I went down memory lane at the thought of your peaches & cream. Our local peach orchid has become a housing estate.

When staying at my aunts dairy farm , one of my chores was to scoop the cream from the top of the milk cans.

That was fun but turning it into butter was tiring on the stirring arm & boring for a child.

I loved staying at the farm & the food was great. They even had chips/frys for breakfast & what kid wouldnt enjoy that.

Now I realise times were hard sometimes on a farm & you mostly ate what the farm produced .

Food orders & mail etc  were  delivered by the ferry that came daily to collect the milk. The horse & sled were driven down to the wharf on time for the ferry to arrive. I have so many wonderful memories that just need a key word to unlock them, so a big thank you Diana.

My other uncles were professional fishermen so seafood was on the menu daily.

adiantum

7 on this hectic Thursday. I was making coffee when the house echoed with  a kookaburra calling for breakfast at the other end of the house.

It's been over a week since she last visited & is very lucky I had meat defrosted. The rest of the family sit on the roof waiting for me to throw it their way.

Its only the female that pokes her head through the opened window & only the female rainbow lorikeet that comes through onto the desk.

ran23

96 this morning, then started on the garage clean-up.  Bento Box (salmon & edamame) break was appreciated.  105 at 2:00 when I was too tired. 

FunDad62

Big storms last night at bedtime.  Thunder was rattling windows and pictures on the wall for an hour and a half.  But this morning it is a very pleasant 66 degrees.  The first morning I wake up and it's below 70, I know I've survived another Florida summer.

IrinaHarr

126 this morning, looks like everyone got a cool down - we woke up to 66F in the house and I walked the dog wearing sweater.

meyery2k

99 today.  Completed the 750 miles I promised to ride for the month in the Great Cycle Challenge to raise funding to combat children's cancer.

janice21475
3 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

. . . I walked the dog wearing sweater.

Who was wearing the sweater? You or the dog? (Big Grin)

adiantum

6.9 springs temperatures agree with me. It was wonderful hearing the Tawny Frogmouth hooting last night. Its not an owl but similar. They camouflage so well  that its had to spot them. Once I had to be told to look at one sitting on top of an old fence post just8ft from me. It blending in looking like the post.

https://australian.museum/learn/animals/birds/tawny-frogmouth/

894556159_TawnyFrogmouth.jpg.75f8d11c071e83db2b352fdb671d1f8e.jpg