Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

ran23

101 this morning.  Doctor reminded me of an upcoming appointment.  Stopped supplements for the Lab, cutting out all carbs to lose weight. Stopping daily wine.  

adiantum

7.4 on a beautiful sunny spring saturday. The Farmers Markets are allowed to open today but I'm still avoiding crowds & hopefully covid.

Yesterday my dog had to go to the vets to have his nails done. No more just arriving at the desk. I had to stay in the car & ring them to announce my arrival & what car bay I was parked in. A nurse came  to the car & collected him. They rang me when he was done to give instructions & get my card details to pay.

Then the nurse brought my boy out to the car. The instructions are that he needs his nails done monthly because I dont have hard surfaces to wear them down. $25 a month for the pedicure & $50 every 6 weeks for  a bath & haircut is what it costs  to buy a live in comedian... almost priceless :rofl:

FunDad62

@adiantum - I have the same problem with Harper.  She's 52 pounds now, loves to jump and play, and has sharp nails.  My arms stay scarred up as hard as I try not to let her do that to me.  For me it's $50 for grooming including nail trimming and buffing.  I did buy a dog nail grinder but haven't tried it on her yet.  She's very skittish of new noises so I've been turning it on every day letting her get used to it.  She thinks it's a game so far.

adiantum

I'm not that brave Hammer, but thanks. Theres a Cujo behind that sweet facade  that will scream like a banshee if I touch his nails.
He doesnt even like me to touch his feet. In banshee speak he says " that's it.. you touch my nails again and I'll bite you".
I bought a tiny muzzle for his groomer to use   but his snout isnt long enough . Even she has to tolerate his abuse, unless theres another dog in the salon..then theres not a peep from the boy.
Apparently he has some pride & doesnt want others to see his performance.
 It's the groomers job to do nails but I'm not sure if she forgets or doesnt want to go through the trauma, so its off to the vets. I'm lucky to have found that groomer as some at the dog park pay $90
They have other animals in the surgery so he's well behaved there. I drive past another vet that only charges $10 for nails but it'd be less stressful for him to go to a familiar place.
Edited by adiantum

adiantum

Have you folk had any experience with rising damp?

I'm interested in this 100yr old double brick house but it's images look like rising damp. Is that able to repair & if so is it an incredibly costly procedure?

image9.thumb.jpg.0b774bacc122b3dc4dcf899d19ee91be.jpg

Same room 8 months later

1488799965_image(1).thumb.jpg.c2182be5f67bbdcd74d1a040207e03f2.jpg

meyery2k

104 today.  

Lee - My first thought is that you might be buying someone else's problem house.  Maybe if the price was really good or if the seller deducts from the selling price to repair.

adiantum

Thanks Mike, true it could become a problem  & I have to sell my house first  so it could be sold by then.

I was looking at it online last year & saddened when it sold. What a surprise to see it  back online after just 8 months. $70K more but theyve painted & tiled etc. The house itself isnt perfect but the location & established gardens are. But.. maybe I'll be  too old to be working such large gardens .

Hammer

A 91 (5.06) today.  Lee, I don't what houses cost in your country, but is it possible for you to just buy a small piece of land in an area that you like, and have a house built on it, or would that be way too expensive?  My house is a modular house, meaning that it was built in two halves at a factory, then put together at the construction site.  Modular house are typically cheaper that stick built houses that are built on your piece of property.  Modular homes are NOT house trailers, they are the same as a stick built house, only they are built in a factory.

Edited by Hammer

Diana_CT

This morning’s reading was 127

On the way up to the Cape I passed by the cranberry bogs in Wareham and Bourne and they were ripe with cranberries, some had been harvested, some were still waiting to be harvested but one was being harvested and was flooded with the berries floating.
In the one being harvested the water looked only a foot deep with machines out in the water. It is hard to tell exactly what was happening because I was zipping by at 75 mph on Rt. 25.

FunDad62

64 @ 0541

92 @ 0650

You may have seen on the news about the deputy sheriff that was shot and killed during a traffic stop of a stolen vehicle last Friday.  That was in the county where I live.  The guy is still on the loose.  Ex-marine with survival training.  Most of this county is forest.  Deputy was 29 years old and recently engaged. :(

IrinaHarr

127 this morning. When I trim puppy nails I smear cold peanut butter on a plate and put it in front of them to distract. Give them lick once in awhile, but if I still have problem wrestling the leg from under the boy I call my husband to help and hold him still. Little drummel tool helps to smooth sharp edges.

ran23

Up early, 114.   Lab today, went early because I heard it would be busy.  7:00 and no one else there. Out in a flash.