Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

TX_Clint

118 today. Good luck Diana. I hear we are having a bit of a tire shortage partly due to slow cargo movement at the ports.

adiantum

7  on the 2nd October..  I checked the use by date on the eggs I bought last week.. 21st November.This year is quickly coming to a close.

IrinaHarr

136 today, last week's sensor was showing lower numbers than this new one. I checked accuracy for both with test strip and last week's sensor readings were 20 too low and this week's 20 too high. I am thinking it is because of location of the sensor, last time I placed it a little too high on my arm.

I bought 12lb turkey for Thanksgiving, in case we start experiencing shortages. 

Edited by IrinaHarr

Diana_CT

137 was my reading this morning.

Stuck on the Cape with a flat tire. 

On the agenda this morning is find the key to the tire lug nut (I never knew that the car had lug nut locks until the garage wanted to know where the key was. Um... What key?). 

Two, find a tire store that actually has tires and doesn't have to order them. 

Three call AAA to get my car to the tire store.

According to what I have read a third of the new cars do not come with a spare tire. My car came with a can of "Fix-a-flat" and an air compressor. Consumer Reports said that they are useless if you have a puncture in the side wall, guess where mine is? Yup, the side wall. 

P S: I have never had so much hassle with a flat tire in over 50 years of driving. I have changed many a tire in my life and once I had a nice young man stop and change it for me.

But not having a spare is crazy!  And there is not even a space for one. 

Edited by Diana_CT

meyery2k

AAA might have a key or know where to get one.  I would imagine any auto parts store would carry the part.  I realize, without a car, finding one might be easy but getting it...

Good luck!

adiantum

7.5  after sleeping 11 hours. I thought I'd go back to bed after a bathroom break but I didnt intend that break to last 5 hours.

Diana that's an awful predicament, I've  bucket loads of empathy for you.

FunDad, I'm sorry you were bothered with herpes but glad you dealt with it.:rofl:

Back to reading about vog... thats got to be hard breathing.

Hammer

A 96 (5.33) today.  Diana, if the the car came from the manufacturer with the tire locks installed, the key lock is either located in the glove box, or located where the car's jack is.  It usually looks like a nut on one end, and a series of "teeth" on the other.

Another type of lock looks like this.

wheel-locks.jpg

adiantum

I'm thinking about acquiring a new skill in using a laundromat instead of buying a new washing machine.

Yesterday, the solanoid up & died at a most inconvenient time, so maybe this will encourage me to get my act together & sell this house.

Time management might be another skill I should acquire, as my days are filled with doing  my usual things.

IrinaHarr

136 today. it was hard to find a regular 15 oz can of pumpkin, I had to go to several stores. I blame all pumpkin spice muffins lovers out there :)

Hammer
20 hours ago, adiantum said:

I'm thinking about acquiring a new skill in using a laundromat instead of buying a new washing machine.

Yesterday, the solanoid up & died at a most inconvenient time, so maybe this will encourage me to get my act together & sell this house.

Time management might be another skill I should acquire, as my days are filled with doing  my usual things.

Lee, if your washing machine needs a new solenoid, why not just fix it yourself?  If your machine doesn't fill up with water, or if it over fills with water, then the solenoid is an easy fix.  Just unplug the machine from the electrical outlet, turn off the valves to the two hoses on the back of the machine, turn the machine around, then remove the handful of screws that are holding the back panel on.  Once the back panel is off, you will see where the two hoses are connected, so remove the hoses,  What the hoses are connected to is the solenoid.  Just pull off the electrical connector on the solenoid, then, remove the screws that hold the solenoid onto the machine.  Take the solenoid to an appliance repair shop and ask them for a new one.  Once you get the new one home, just attach it to the machine, reconnect the electrical connection, then place the back cover on the machine.  Connect the two hoses, turn the machine back around to the way it normally sits, turn on the two faucets where the hoses are connected, and the job is done!

adiantum

5.8 at 3am

Its hard to go back to sleep with a grumbling tummy.. I just fixed that problem :D

Thanks Hammer.. your a treasure!!

Ive been thinking of FunDads great bargain with pumpkins, so why do others buy it in cans.