Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

FunDad62
17 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Ive been thinking of FunDads great bargain with pumpkins, so why do others buy it in cans.

Nobody in the US cooks with real pumpkins.  Only canned pumpkin.  Not sure why.   Lazy maybe?  That's my excuse.

Hammer

I had my 3 month blood work done this morning, and I got the results a few hours ago.  My A1c dropped down to 5.3, which I'm happy about.  These test results, for the first time, have all fallen into the normal range, so that's good.

Lee, as to why people here in the states use canned pumpkin, as opposed to actual pumpkins, is because we only have pumpkins around Halloween.  After Halloween, you can't find pumpkins anywhere.

adiantum

7 after another 5 hour nap. waking at 10am is missing the best part of the day.

Hammer, that's really interesting .I guess those pumpkins being sold are not the best eating type & more for lantern cut outs.

Sundays baked dinners must be sad without baked pumpkin. Perhaps people grow them?

Theyre the easiest vegetable to grow & the pumpkins last a few months after harvesting.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 129

I made it home yesterday, I inflated the tire before I left and I have an appointment to get a new tire from the dealer today. 

adiantum

Diana, that mustve been a worry driving home on that tyre .

Congrats Hammer on that A1c

FunDad Spring is  your time to plant seeds & pumpkin need a lot of space as they ramble along.

I went to the park late yesterday & there were no  birds for a long time, it seems they expect me to be punctual.

Its nesting time so I mix a powdery substance in with the meat to provide complete nutrition for strong bones etc.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 120.

Had my 6 mo Endo appointment yesterday, my APRN was happy with the drop in my A1C and weight, got scolded for not getting enough exercise.

janice21475
On 10/4/2021 at 11:51 AM, Hammer said:

Lee, if your washing machine needs a new solenoid, why not just fix it yourself? 

Way less expensive than buying another house, in my humble opinion. Not to mention the glow you experience after successfully repairing something yourself.

janice21475
On 10/3/2021 at 2:59 PM, adiantum said:

Yesterday, the solanoid up & died at a most inconvenient time, so maybe this will encourage me to get my act together & sell this house.

????? This reasoning can get very expensive. If the light in the refrigerator goes out, buy a new house. . . .   I always thought the appliances were replaceable. This sounds like buying a new car because a tire goes flat, in my opinion. Of course, if one wants a new house, any excuse is as good as another. After hearing of your wildlife friends at your current home, I would be hard put to up and leave them. Who would feed them as you do??? They 'need' you.  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

janice21475

Why buy canned pumpkin? Not everyone has yard space for growing veggies.

Hammer
2 hours ago, janice21475 said:

????? This reasoning can get very expensive. If the light in the refrigerator goes out, buy a new house. . . .   I always thought the appliances were replaceable. This sounds like buying a new car because a tire goes flat, in my opinion. Of course, if one wants a new house, any excuse is as good as another. After hearing of your wildlife friends at your current home, I would be hard put to up and leave them. Who would feed them as you do??? They 'need' you.  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

I think that everyone is getting the wrong idea.  Lee has been looking to get a new house, but she hasn't been able to find one yet.  By having her washing machine break down, it is motivating her to look even harder for a new house, that way, she won't have to move her broken washing machine into the new house, only to have it removed when she gets a new machine.  She'd much rather have a new washing machine delivered to a new house, and not have to bother with the old machine.

adiantum

7.2 woke with a sore throat an allergic response to wine I drank last night.

Janice, here fresh pumpkin is available in the fruit & vegetables aisles throughout the year . You buy it as a whole or a piece.

You've missed some of my posts or your wearing a hat that doesnt suit you.

.. I want to sell this house & move to less populated district. This used to be like a village atmosphere but now its hard to get on the road  in peak hours. My house is 75yrs old & needs a lot of work that I cant afford to do nor do I want to.

I'm trying to reduce my clutter to lower the cost of movers and the possiblity that the old wont suit the new house. It's very likely that I'll have to replace my top loader washer for a front loader to save water so its best to be rid of it now.

Same was when my old fridge died, I replaced it with a tiny bar fridge that will do me for a while & save movers fees.

I will have more then enough boxes & crates to be taking all filled with my op-shop collectables.

Birds that visit the house have been discouraged already  so they can fend for themselves. Those in the park will be just fine as I'm encouraging two others to take up the pleasure. One has already started so Ive reduced the amount I feed them.

I'm saving such a lot of money doing this, I just have to find where it is.:rofl: