Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

IrinaHarr

129 this morning. Painters finally left, day one I was moving my hoohaa from the kitchen, day two painters were doing their thing, day three painters came back to finish the job and now I am slowly putting my stuff back in the kitchen. Donated couple things and put some rarely used items in storage in the basement. Kitchen is small and counter space is at premium; looks great painted, almost brand new.

I use canned pumpkin in baking pumpkin spice cake / cupcakes (or carrot cake flavor if I just use different spices). I like the recipe because it is very moist. Whole pumpkins get carved then kids sneak up late on halloween night and smash them :)

20211005_144930 (1).jpg

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

7.1 I'm going to start & set an alarm before I go to bed. Waking at 10am isnt good.

Great job Irina. Did you know if you spread paper across the top of the cabinets , it is easier to remove the paper & discard  then to clean the cabinets.

FunDad62

@IrinaHarr - Looks great!  I'd love to have my 17 year old cabinets painted.  I've been working on the outside of my house lately though.   I painted the front door trim twice last weekend, painted the garage door trim yesterday, will paint the front door (black) a new color (blue) this weekend and next week, paint the stucco trim around all of the windows.

Hammer

An 85 (4.72) today.  No, I never go on vacation...I don't see the point.  To me, sitting in front of my computer is better than a vacation, and it doesn't cost me anything.😊

adiantum

I guess I do the same. This way I get to see the different seasons around the world without the discomfort of  getting cold.

Its lovely to watch the colours of fall happening  via webcams

https://www.mtu.edu/webcams/ripley/

adiantum

I was thinking of taking a vacation of sorts just last week when watching the houseboats moored off the dogs park.

If I was to buy a house in rural or regional areas where  medical treatment for  skin cancers etc  is limited, I could always return to the city & hire a houseboat for the week. I think they cost around $1,500 for the week on a small no frills boat , but what a lovely time it would be.

It doesnt always pay to allow my mind to free range, but I must admit it was a wonderful experience, but of course I had to over think it & wondered if I could live on one forever.

1528049620_HawkesburyRivermarina.jpg.43a94d9335b6664f69ce5eb4cb2f6135.jpg

meyery2k

104 today.  First snow in Casper, where Kala lives, is expected next week.  For any "Game of Thrones" fans, winter is coming hahaha...

adiantum

Poor Karla.. this is going to be a challenge for her but she's conquered every other challenge thrown at her.

It's not a lovely sunny day according to these webcams...

https://wyoroad.info/highway/webcameras/I25Casper/I25CasperBoth.html

FunDad62

Before and after.  Not the greatest pics but hey...I'm happy with it.  Need to clean that concrete and replace that old dingy doorbell button too.

1616246570_Frontdoorbeforeandafter.thumb.jpg.5df4ae3aebf098fb265f1170e7d63aa9.jpg

IrinaHarr

126 today, I baked for the first time in weeks and ate a home made yeasty warm and delicious cinnamon roll (no icing for me). Now cringing thinking about consequences and hoping BG won't go up through the roof :)

Fundad, a painted door makes all the difference - our front door was red like kitchen and did not go with light beige exterior at all. Now door and shutters are special blue I picked and looks great like a facelift to the house. Painters did walls, ceiling, paneling but not the cabinets; cabinets are formica with wood trim (wood trim was painted same color as formica by previous owners). My before photo is red kitchen on the day we moved in (dirty too :( New oven arrived two months ago, I am still at the simpering stage polishing cooktop every day...

20171217_201732 (1).jpg

20211005_144930.jpg

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

I do wish stupid could be fixed. Picnickers have converged in the dogs leash free park which encouraged my boy to go sniff them. They couldnt have dogs as they didnt pass the sniff test so he didnt stay with them, but  was about  to tag the leg of the picnic table until I called NO. A woman sitting on the grass started screaching  & threw a stick towards him. There are many dogs that visit that park wouldve enjoyed playing with her  over that stick , & she couldve been compromised sitting on the ground under a big slobbering dog wanting to  play sticks. Theres a big sign at that park reading ' leash free'  with graphics for those that cant read. 

By afternoon my boy became over heated yet it was only 33C /91F so he slept under a wet towel  in front of a floor fan .

meyery2k

Well we have been rocking and rolling here in Hawaii this morning.  Gail's Mom (in Honolulu) reported she felt this quake.  Had a few jars of spices shaken off the shelf...

image.thumb.png.67fbfec49094042285ab352adf00f3c1.png