Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Hammer

A 77 (4.28) today.  I think I have finally found the correct dose of my Lantus insulin, so hopefully I'll stay in the 70's and not go back to the 90's.

IrinaHarr

148 today, paying for a cinnamon roll in my mouth. Fasting today to get things back to normal.

Happy (lazy) columbus day! :)

Diana_CT

On this foggy morning my reading was 136.

The leaves are starting to change but it is off to a slow start, the nights have been warm so it hasn't triggered the leaves to change. What we need is frost at and then the colors will start to pop.

@Hammer I came across this article that you might be interested in.

The Uncertain Future of Ham Radio in the IEEE Spectrum. 

It is about getting young people interested in the hobby and also about the spectrum grab by the 5G businesses. 

adiantum

Diana, it was also mentioned in our news ....

In northern Maine, where peak conditions typically arrive in late September, forest rangers have reported a third of trees are yet to change colour.

A view of mountains in the distance. In the foreground, an expanse of trees, mostly green but a few orange.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-10/why-climate-change-is-making-autumn-shorter/100522448

Hammer

A 74 (4.11) today.  Diana, the ham radio frequency spectrum is constantly under attack by commercial interests, but we have the ARRL fighting to keep those commercial interests out of the ham radio spectrum.  The problem with getting young people to get into ham radio is that, they don't understand what's at stake.  They feel like, "why should I study to get a ham license, when I can just use my cell phone or the internet to contact other people?"  They don't understand that when a disaster happens, their cell phones and internet are no longer functional.  There is a saying among ham operators..."When all other forms of communications are down, ham radio will always get through".  This has been proven over and over again, but young people aren't aware of it.

adiantum

7. We were late getting to the park yesterday having to go between the rains & saw a man feeding the birds. At last we met!!

Couldnt chat long as a grey dog arrived & ran straight to me & leaping up to me excitedly. It was Gus with a serious haircut even his Schnauzer beard had gone so no wonder I didnt recognise him, plus.. Ive not seen him in a year &  what a lovely reunion.

That snow ooks quite deep when it's not Winter yet.

IrinaHarr
9 hours ago, meyery2k said:

Recent webcam from Wyoming...

That front is heading straight at us, possible power outages at 2 am tonight...

146 was my reading this morning, my BG still mad at me for that cinnamon roll 2 days ago.

Diana_CT

We are in for a stretch of beautiful fall weather, high in the mid-70s (23C) and lows at night to the mid-50s (12C). However it doesn't do much for the fall foliage, the temperatures have to drop to just about freezing at night. The poison ivy vines are turning a bright red though. 

Hammer

A 90 (5.0) today.  Mike, Kala's car could have been in a worse snow storm....like this one, "The Great North Dakoda Snow Storm", in 1966.

The-Great-North-Dakota-Blizzard.jpg

Edited by Hammer

meyery2k

Kala had her first drive after the snow.  Good experience for her.  She now knows the value of a shovel and kitty litter.

May be an image of nature and snow