Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

I do enjoy seeing you  @Ahnanimus pop in... I'd be even happier if you lived closer so I could share my treasures with you.. I have to cull my decorations.

I've finished my gift purchases.. ...what else could a girl do in lockdown. I wont gift wrap them yet as they'd be very dusty by then...

In 72 days
25 December 2021

I thought we had slipped back into Winter but I guess I must exagerate after seeing those snow pics. Its so mild here that mosquitos still breed in the water bowls throughout the garden.. yet I shivver

Ahnanimus
1 hour ago, adiantum said:

I do enjoy seeing you  @Ahnanimus pop in... I'd be even happier if you lived closer so I could share my treasures with you.. I have to cull my decorations.

I've finished my gift purchases.. ...what else could a girl do in lockdown. I wont gift wrap them yet as they'd be very dusty by then...

In 72 days
25 December 2021

I thought we had slipped back into Winter but I guess I must exagerate after seeing those snow pics. Its so mild here that mosquitos still breed in the water bowls throughout the garden.. yet I shivver

Indeed, I do miss going to the shops and lingering over all the goodies, but I'm hoping that as we open up some more there'll be more to choose from. I  would have loved to see your treasures😁

IrinaHarr

139 today, after strong rain no leaks in my kitchen ceiling (yes!). 69F weather with 45F at night, yesterday we had high wind - during dog walk I had to fight wind to be blown off the path on the top of the hill.

20211013_151601 (1).jpg

Diana_CT

I was going to write TGIF but then I wasn't sure so I looked on my calendar, it's only Thursday. It has  been a long drawn out week for me.

adiantum

7.4 TGIF..........  it is down here . Had to go to bed early last night as the thunder & hail was stressing my boy. He seems to think bed is a sanctuary & nothing can get him there.

I've done my christmas shopping online. I got in early as there was not much else a girl could do in a lockdown & its been suggested supplies might be limited as shipping has been reduced. We seem to depend on China to supply us . I must be the easiest person to buy for as I find it hard to part with some of the nice things I bought others. A gift to my doctor each year are really nice  hand blown & decorated  glass  christmas baubles & it was nice to hear her say she thinks of me as she puts  them out with her decorations each year.

Diana_CT

126 This morning, I'm off to the Cape for 12 days.

Traffic is going to be crazy this morning because the President is coming here today and we have Hartford to thank for all the road closures. Back when I think it was either President Johnson or President Nixon came to Hartford they didn't shut down the roads, his motorcade went through a red light and the president limousine got into a car accident (Can you imagine filling out that accident report), from then on they closed down the roads.

IrinaHarr

139 today, nice chilly morning. Pups came to snuggle with me during morning coffee, they never do it in summer 🍁

meyery2k

94 today.  @Diana_CT - Your post reminds me of when President Obama's family would visit on Christmas vacation.  Lot of grumbling on Oahu because roads and beaches would be closed as they would visit for vacation.  In his defense, he and his team would try to minimize disruptions.

I was already living in Hilo during his terms so the only interesting thing I would observe was that the "backup" plane would be stationed at the airport.  I managed to get a few pictures but you have to be quick.  Security will chase you away.  Air Force One only has the call sign when the President is on board.

IrinaHarr
3 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

184 at 6:30 am.  No clue why it was so high.

112 an hour after breakfast and some insulin.

FunDad - I usually drink a 16oz glass of water and BG drops 30-40 points. Its dehydration that pushes it too high in the morning.

adiantum

7.2 There used to be a 1% motor cycle club nearby & on a big run they'd close off the roads to allow the run to be together without interuption.

It was incredibly impressive watching  the precision in  the lead biker closing off roundabouts & traffic lights  & become the tail after all bikes went through.

I must admit it was incredibly impressive sitting at the roundabout seeing over 100 Harley Davidsons ride past.

Diana , is the President there for a special occasion or to be a Fall Peeper?

FunDad62

177  😬

A buddy of mine and I would always say "Wait!  I hear music!" when we heard a bunch of motorcycles.  I just sold mine two weeks ago.  :( 

You're right Lee.  It's very impressive to see a lot of bikes riding together.  Here they do a night ride around the city during the Christmas holidays.  I saw that once.  Very cool.

adiantum

It is music FunDad. Last year I saw the funniest thing  when many Harleys were on a ride & a  kid on a road trail bike became surrounded by the big boys.

That was like one in the orchestra was out of tune, or a mosquito caught in a rolling  thunder storm. 

I regret not learning to ride, yet very happy to see so many women HOGS these days.

I'd hate to be deaf as sounds are important to me , naturally birds & wind in some trees  but I also love  to hear trains & tugboats.

Diana_CT

122 this morning.

The traffic on the ride up to the Cape wasn't bad, I take a detour to avoid the Rotaries (Roundabouts) since I was in an accident around this time last year. It turns out that it is a short cut because of the backups to get on the bridges over the canal. Friday the highway signs said it was an hour to get to the bridge on the interstate highway and it took me only a half hour to get on the Cape. The back road take you by a fish ladder for herring and by a series of ponds where the herring spawn. I think next spring if I remember to stop there and have lunch and watch the herring go upstream.

@adiantum His visit to Connecticut was "President Biden pitches ‘build back better’ plan in Hartford and admits proposal will be scaled back"

IrinaHarr

135 this cool Saturday morning, bagging tomato plants today; yesterday I have collected the rest of the harvest and noticed they lost their tomato flavor in 44F temperature at night. 53F is a magic number because below that temp tomato enzymes that give it distinct tomato flavor just disappear, store bought tomatoes are kept at lower temp than that and never taste as good as ones from the garden. Getting ready to take down zinnias when frosty night is in the forecast, not much left as I keep cutting them for indoor flower arrangements. Dahlias still going strong :)

Edited by IrinaHarr

Hammer

An 89 (4.94) today.  I ordered a few tee-shirts and they are supposed to arrive today.  Here is what one of them looks like:

shirt.jpg

Edited by Hammer

adiantum

I really didn't want to post my 9 this morning assumng my meter was telling lies.

Thanks Diana, a great plan. I guess my mind is wishing I could see the Fall foliage so assumed everyone was heading there for that.

Irina my favourite flowers are Australian natives especially the Waratahs & Flannel flowers but of the exotics.. Zinnias top that list.

A simple flowering system but those vibrant colours brighten the world. I bought seeds but dont hold much hope for success as its too humid here which encourages powdert mildew.