Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

IrinaHarr

149 today, getting ready to go to church across the street here. Our little country church we were visiting recently is going through some kind of financial scandal and audit. Last time homily included a lot of non-religious information related to that. Thanks but no thanks :(

Diana_CT

On this rainy morning my reading was 126, the rain is supposed to end this morning and turn into a beautiful fall day. I wish that we could send the rain to the west coast, we are on the way to becoming the rainiest year in history, so far we have the 3rd rainiest year in history.

Back home when I drove by the reservoirs on Friday they were full and usually this time of year they would have been around a third full. 

janice21475
On 10/14/2021 at 8:49 AM, IrinaHarr said:

139 today, after strong rain no leaks in my kitchen ceiling (yes!). 69F weather with 45F at night, yesterday we had high wind - during dog walk I had to fight wind to be blown off the path on the top of the hill.

That is a beautiful view, thanks for sharing.

adiantum

Woke up at 4.10am by the noise of a wheelie bin going up the street. I guess the balaclava people had been busy.

Irina, I knew a priest that had a gambling addiction & even used parish funds. That addiction destroys so many lives.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 138

I had a queasy stomach last night and woke up with it, I'll be sticking around the cottage today.

I think that it might be because of raspberries I put on my cereal yesterday morning this morning I noticed that the ones in the bottom of the container are all fuzzy.

IrinaHarr

144 today, I needed some oatmeal to feel good and it showed in the morning. Usually I do not eat high carb meals before bed.

Lee, I know this man personally and I feel this doubt about the story of giving homeless man in debt money month after month. If this is true he is either senile or deceived but how can he be archdiocese high ranking official and be so naive? Something is not adding up. And my close friend is part time secretary there and it affected her greatly have her faith in this person destroyed. I guess the whole parish feels that way. This is the story https://www.wowt.com/2021/10/15/omaha-priest-facing-charges-theft-abuse-vulnerable-adult/

This priest was also a part of this story which was funny at the time: https://www.ncregister.com/blog/custodian-arrested-for-destroying-buddha-mary-poppins-displays-in-cathedral

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

7.5 having just slept 8 hours.

Interesting case Irina & there has to be more to the story then he's letting on.. my money is on a private  emotional attachment.

Is that blackmail Judge Lee smells ?:rofl:

Diana, do you have a can of coke handy or can get one? It's great for settling stomach issues.

So much for christmas shopping online when I dont read the description. I bought 10  small packets of soap with christmas wrapping $3 ea but when they arrived in the post yesterday theyre tiny motel sized soaps. Doh!.. the ad did say 25g but I didnt read that bit, I just read  inconsequential details like Made in France. I had to spend another $30 last night & order 10 face washers to bulk the gift up.

I guess it was all in the detail.

Edited by adiantum

FunDad62

Saturday was my birthday and my good friend and his wife from up in GA drove down and brought my mother and we all went out to lunch at a seafood restaurant at a marina.  Mom spent a couple of nights and I drove her home yesterday.  Today my other best friend is coming to spend a couple of nights.  I took off work Monday, today and tomorrow for all of this.  Mom let me know about our local grocery chain that gives you a free gallon of ice cream on your birthday month.  Hence the 178 above.

@adiantum - Did you know all brand motorcycles (including Harley's) do NOT have loud pipes on them off the show room floor?  People change out the pipes to make them loud.  My motorcycle was pretty quiet.  I love hearing a group of bikes passing by with loud pipes but I never wanted them on my bikes.

Oh and...GO BRAVES!!!

Edited by FunDad62

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 136.

Stomach is getting better, I'm limiting my meals to bland foods right now.

Edited by Diana_CT

IrinaHarr

141 today.  Lee after raking my brain for explanation - my conclusion is also blackmail. We started our Christmas shopping too, created a wish list on Amazon and getting ready to get all of that shipped already gift wrapped. Better have gifts extra month in my basement than risking inconvenient shortages.

FunDad - Happy Birthday!! :thrasher:

adiantum

8 I guess I licked my fingers when making an ice cream cake for FunDad.

Happy Birthday FunDad

FunDad.thumb.jpg.bf69da3d6e43d6b9f6bf0d0753f03e40.jpg

Hammer

An 82 (4.56) today.  I'm having a guy come out to my house to give me an estimate on installing solar panels on my roof, although I think it will be too expensive.  I'm looking to get solar panels and batteries to power my entire house, not only for when the power goes out, but to keep my electric bill down.

adiantum

Hammer it was a few years ago that our gov paid  the majority of the cost to install solar panels. I didnt take them up as my roof  needs replacing.

Theres still gov subsidies  now but not as great as in the beginning.

With your gov being aware of climate warming & the urgent need to reduce carbin perhaps they will soon subsidise solar panel instalation.

IrinaHarr

146 today. Cleaning house for the holidays, getting carpet steamer for our small areas of wall to wall carpeted bedrooms. Not sure why this house seems a bit dusty, may be it just is. Need more coffee 

need more coffee first