Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

ran23

114 today, my stomach was off last night.  108 after a morning walk.   High winds, 45 MPH gusts took down trees and most fences I saw were OK.  

adiantum

7.4 I bought my first smart phone yesterday & I'm hoping youtube has 'how to make a phone call' on it.

Some days I just dont feel smart.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 131.

It was a beautiful day on the Cape, in the mid 60s (18C), no wind, sunny, and cloud free. I sat out the patio and read all day, very relaxing.

Hmm... memo to self: buy a hammock next year. 

IrinaHarr

147 today, woke up to chilly morning - temp 64F in the bedroom, got my good old camel wool blanket out. Turns out I like sleeping or just staying in bed 😁

Edited by IrinaHarr

janice21475
20 hours ago, adiantum said:

7.4 I bought my first smart phone yesterday & I'm hoping youtube has 'how to make a phone call' on it.

Some days I just dont feel smart.

Understand exactly what you are saying. I recently bought a cell phone and 'hate' it - with a growing passion. Big fat manual came with it but it is not written for 'elderly folks' to understand. I do not like the feelings it gives me. By the time I reach whoever I am trying to call, I am in  such a mood I really should not complete the call. Trying to say, I understand!!

ran23

A 105 this morning.   My new android was downloading all kinds of garbage.  finally found in in settings somewhere to stop it all. 

adiantum

7.2 Diana, before you get that hammock do watch a video on how to get in & out of one. I'm so thankful cameras wernt so popular when I first attempted to get out of mine.

Janice I wish I got a big fat manual with my phone , all I got was " a quick star up guide" leaflet.

Irina your dusty house brought back old  memories when the old woman next door blamed me for making her house outside wall dusty.

" It has to be you" she screamed," It's only on the side wall facing you".

Up North of us was a filthy polluting  factory  that often sent clouds of particles down this way but she wasnt capable of looking at the big picture.

FunDad62

I'm not sure they make a hammock strong enough to hold me.  🤣

My daughter and I went to the T-Mobile store yesterday.  We were Sprint customers and T-Mobile bought them, so we were told we needed new SIM cards.  They didn't have any.  How can a phone store not have SIM cards?  She said when they do get them, they only get 3 or 4 and they go fast.  Crazy.  We're also going to upgrade phones but we can't until they get SIM cards in and get us on the T-Mobile network.  😠

IrinaHarr

139 this morning.

Fundad - we we t-mobile customers too, sim cards available on Amazon for any service; prime delivered ours in 2 days.

meyery2k

92 again today.

Yesterday was a wonderful Fall day (the season, not the verb) for a ride.  Perfect temperature and humidity.   Nice cool and dry breeze.

May be an image of nature, sky and text

Hammer

A 98 (5.44) today.  Mike, that camera that you're using to take those great photos, is doing a great job!😉

Edited by Hammer

adiantum

8 & not happy about it.

It took me a few arrempts to exit a hammock with dignity. I then bought one to attatch to a frame & used to take that camping.

Is my memory playing tricks or  Mike did you  post a pic of your  bike propped against  the tree  your  hammock was tied to?

It was the perfect image of an islanders life .

IrinaHarr

146 today, I was checking every day if I could post. Did not know if it was my settings etc. Thank you for making it work!

Diana_CT

Whew! I was having withdrawal symptoms. Checking the site every 10 minutes, biting my nails. Wondering if was something that I did.

My reading this morning was 116

So two things went right today, my low reading and the site's back up. Thank you Tony ❤️

I woke up this morning to silence. I didn't hear the refrigerator running, my nightstand light didn't work, and my internet was down. The Nor'Easter knocked out the power. The wind and rain started yesterday around noon and by evening it was howling. I kept waking up during the night from the wind, 90 mph (144kph) wind gusts. A half a million people without power in Massachusetts! 

Then when I get home my mailbox is down! I put it up in my 40s I don't know if I can do it in my 70s.

Diana_CT

Boy what good timing. The guy who mows my lawn and plows the driveway in winter just showed up to mow the lawn and I asked him if he would like to put in a new mailbox. He said that he is like me too up in age to do those things but... his nephew has a home maintenance business! That he has a lot of senior clients. 

Hammer

A 70 (3.89) today.  Diana, I feel for you, what with having the power go out on you.  That's the reason that I'm having solar panels installed...so that I will always have some power.