Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

FunDad62

18 hours ago, Hammer said:

A 74 (4.11) today.  FunDad, why not get a portable screened gazebo?

Interesting idea.  Looks portable though.  I thought about one of those framed screen coverings like you seen on swimming pools all over Florida.  Could do that for about $10,000.

IrinaHarr

142 today, yesterday I worked in the garden a lot and even got too warm in 69F afternoon. This warm weather is over, looking forward to see all halloween costumes tonight - they will probably wear coats, it is going to be much cooler. Happy Halloween!! 🍬🍬🍬

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 138.

This is from the town beach where I have my cottage. The beach has been eroded about 200 feet (60m).

Edited by Diana_CT

adiantum

7. Expected higher as I drank gingerbread flavoured milk last night . I  dont usually  drink milk  apart from egg nog but was attracted to gingerbread flavour. yum!

Huge stress in the park. as I opened the car door 3 butcherbirds perched on top of it & my dog climbed out between my feet.

A woman was pointing at me which I soon found it because her child found a noisy miners  birds chick & she wanted me to take care of it.

I put it in the fork of a tree & put meat around it to attract parents. I neednt have bothered as  over 50prs of eyes were watching & then they started dive bombing other birds . I had to run & rescue a magpie. Over 50 noisy miners justified their name sake.

I told my boy to get in the car so we could go to a quieter area of the park. I didnt realise the cocker spaniels were meeting & my boy absolutely loves them.

He was so tired after playing with them that I had to lift him into the car to go home. He slept soundly last night.

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

I have to fix my mailbox, it got knocked down Friday night. I am doing a temporary fix but I have a property management coming on Wednesday to give me a price on replacing it. I have a number of small projects that needs to be done, I have a couple of thermopane windows that after 30 years they are no longer insulating. I replaced a couple of them by myself but it is getting too much for me now and for these you need a ladder.

He did work to my neighbor, he is licensed and insured, I checked with BBB and online. So my thoughts are give him some small jobs, the mailbox and the windows and see how he does. If he does good then I will see if he wants to sand and paint the atrium. 

IrinaHarr

147. We had about 40 trick-or-treaters last night, my favorite costume was Phantom of the Opera - a 13-14 yr old young man had a white half mask and pretty nice opera clothes complete with tux and elegant black cape. Very handsome (gave him extra chocolates ;)  

Packed all decorations this morning and all leftover candy go to library today.

adiantum

Today is Melburne Cup Day a horse race thats been happening since 1875

Theres 24 horses in the race  & they run 3,200m / 2 miles 

At 3pm theres never a car on the road with everyone glued in front of thhe tv if not at a cup party .

I used to love this day... until I was reminded of the cruelty to racehorses. 

Then I'd watch the TV all day admiring the fashions.. until Swiss , a major  sponsor had me realising why vitamins are so expensive if they throw money around like that.

Then I started watching just the magnificent rose gardens but that view gets blocked by oppressed horses or elegant fashioned humans.

I might just go for a drive along the deserted roads  :rofl:

Hammer

A 55 (3.0) today.  My doctor's office called me today to give me the results of the echocardiogram test that I had done on Friday.  She said that the results indicated that my aortic stenosis had gotten worse, and she wanted me to see a cardiologist ASAP, so she was going to have one call me.  Oh well, just when I thought that things were going well here.(I had a radio club member check out my HF rig, and he fixed it, so I don't have to send it back to the manufacturer to get it fixed, which would cost me hundreds of dollars.)  I'm having a gift sent to this club member, even though he didn't want anything for fixing it.

Oh, and if you don't see any more posts from me over the next 30-40-50 years, well the aortic stenosis was worse than I thought.😄

Hammer
5 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Today is Melburne Cup Day a horse race thats been happening since 1875

Wow Lee!  If those horses have been running since 1875, they must be really tired!😄

adiantum
36 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Then I started watching just the magnificent rose gardens but that view gets blocked by oppressed horses or elegant fashioned humans.

Look at the roses...

Men and women in suits and dresses look over the rail at horses in the mounting yard before a race on Melbourne Cup day.

adiantum

Is it politically correct for those women in the pic above to be wearing a " pony tail " ?

Could it be another example of cruelty to racehorses by body shaming or  mocking them?

FunDad62

Forgot to test before coffee with creamer.  Also forgot to post the results of my endo visit last week.

A1c was up a tad to 6.7 but all of my other lab work was spot on.  She was very happy with those numbers.  My cholesterol is almost non-existent it's so low.  I started doing the twice-a-week Repatha injections two years ago and it's like the miracle drug.  In fact, it's so low that the P.A. and I decided I could try every three weeks. 

janice21475
17 hours ago, Hammer said:

if you don't see any more posts from me over the next 30-40-50 years, well the aortic stenosis was worse than I thought.

Hammer, Hope things go well for you, I look forward to your daily comments and would miss you.

IrinaHarr

143 this morning. It is official: end of Summer here with 28F this morning, frosted grass, all blooms are clobbered and most leaves are hanging like brown rags. It is going to get a little warmer this weekend, more pleasant to lift dahlia tubers and put them away for storage (and to plant some Spring bulbs! :.

meyery2k

96 again.  Had my labs for upcoming physical and all looks good as far as I can see.  A1C is 5.1 which closely agreed with the at home 4.8.  My meter read 96 yesterday and it was 101 in the lab so good enough for me.

I received this nice medal in the mail for participating in the Great Cycle Challenge for 2021...

May be an image of Michael Meyer and standing