Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

6.8  Happy news down here... a 4yr old girl abducted 17 days ago has been found locked in a house  alive & well.

Mike, thats a grand acknowledgement ... well done!

The Melbourne Cup has ended  with many stories being told. The recently wealthy & poor punters, the drinkers hangovers, the happy & surely embarrassed , the beautiful & the fun people .

I often take notice of what protesters  have to say & their means of communicating their msg but  surely this wasnt cool.

"

Police says several protestors tried to chain themselves to a truck loaded with manure, before officers made the arrests and took them all into custody.

."

Ran, I'm sure you dont own suits like these...

Two men in bright outfits smile to camera.

adiantum

I'm not paranoid but...is everyone at a christmas party & didnt invite me?

My groceries have arrived & occasionally I get something I didnt order like coffee pods, rice crackers etc but  todays is a mango.

* stress * I just know I'm going to eat that & my BG will tell on me.

Diana_CT

Yesterday was 136.

New laptop!

I bought a Dell XPS 15 and I was setting it up yesterday, it sure beats my old laptop. It even has a touch screen!

In weather news, there was frost on the pumpkin the last two mornings it was like somebody threw a switch. One morning its in the 50s (12C) and the next 28 (-1C), and we are getting lake effect snow flurries coming off of the Great Lakes. 

adiantum

7. Feeling like a leper........

I got lots of puppy dog kisses this week & now I have cold sores breaking out. Glad I can wear a mask to cover them.

meyery2k
9 minutes ago, adiantum said:

I got lots of puppy dog kisses this week & now I have cold sores breaking out. Glad I can wear a mask to cover them.

Cold sores are no fun.  Too much sun will do it to me.

adiantum

Ive not had them in many years.

I sprayed the first one  at early stage with Vicks First Defence nasal spray & it worked well stopping a blister forming, so I hope I got this one in time.

The cream & vitamins came in yesterdays  grocery delivery  but I'll keep using the nasal spray as that was a quick response.

IrinaHarr

142 yesterday and 139 today. I used to to post while having morning coffee but after an outage on the forum I lost this habit. Finally remembered just now after digging in the garden - planted small daffs and lifted dahlia tubers. The one that bloomed a lot grew giant tubers, the rest are so-so but enough to save for next year.

20211104_153514 (1).jpg

Diana_CT

I got roped into going to a local university for an awards brunch (Their School of Social Work), instead of rubber chickens, we get rubber eggs, soggy bacon, and limp toast (which I don't eat, one because of the carbs, and two because it is stone cold and what butter there is on it you can use for axle grease.).

IrinaHarr

142 today. We are having warmer weather this weekend, back to 70F and air conditioning 🌞

meyery2k
4 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

I  got roped into going to a local university for an awards brunch (Their School of Social Work), instead of rubber chickens, we get rubber eggs, soggy bacon, and limp toast (which I don't eat, one because of the carbs, and two because it is stone cold and what butter there is on it you can use for axle grease.).

Sounds like lunch at Rotary Club except it is either rubber chicken or leather fish, soggy vegetables, and uninspired dessert :)  

100 today.

adiantum

6.8 Lovely plump tubers Irina, my Dahlia has recently sprouted so I should stake it today .

At a conference years ago I'd separated from the group when I met some women  I'd not seen in ages.

We went in for lunch & instead of the budget friendly slop, we had beautifully presented platters of top restaurant quality.

My mind was on the funding... how did they get such funds for a meal when we were told they were hard to claim.

After the meal I excused myself from old friends & returned to the conference room.. where they were just finishing their sad lunch of lentil soup & stale bread. Oooops.. I'd gatecrashed the wrong lunch room.

meyery2k
17 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Oooops.. I'd gatecrashed the wrong lunch room.

My comment would be that you were in the RIGHT lunch room :)

Diana_CT

It turned out that it wasn't bad, a lot better than I thought. They had a chef there that made omelets for you, but the bacon and sausage were still in warming trays, and they had toasters for toast or bagels (still didn't have any of those, but I was sorely tempted for a bagel, lox, and cream cheese.)