Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

Hello 2021, please be kind to us throughout the next 12 months.

@IrinaHarr , I also watched the fireworks live on TV as did most Australians, because of covid visiting Sydney harbour was  locked off.

There were a few illegal displays locally. I could only see the glow from them but my dog heard the lot.

I didnt stop him barking  as he too had a rough time throughout 2020 & deserves a better 2021.

Edited by adiantum

adiantum

Waves to the morning regulars :ciao: whilst wishing you awesome readings & a very happy new year.

adiantum

8 Its rained all week, so no walk in the park. 

It got so chilly yesterday at 20C / 68F that I wore a fleecy vest & had to unpack a blanket for the bed.

meyery2k
10 minutes ago, adiantum said:

It got so chilly yesterday at 20C / 68F that I wore a fleecy vest & had to unpack a blanket for the bed.

You would fit in perfectly in Hawaii

Ahnanimus

112. The wine and fruit cake was delicious. 

Happy New Year everyone.  May you have good health and joy filled days  this year!

IrinaHarr

152 today, sunny.

I am still in shock and denial. Had skype call with my family in Russia on Dec 30th to say Happy New Year, and was told that my much younger sister suddenly passed away on November 21st. Not covid, but blood clot - pulmonary embolism in the middle of the night - gone in minutes at 48 years old. Two kids and husband left behind, and my elderly mother is absolutely devastated. Took 5 days to get permission for burial (covid bodies piled up in the morg) and they had to do cremation after waiting for so long. And I cannot even go there at present... 

adiantum

Irina, I am  so very sorry.

What a terrible  situation for you & your family.

ran23

My wife does not want me to fly, or if I drive to see my brother, I can't get in due to SARS-CoVid.  He will pass away any day now.  Kidney failure and strokes. Doubt if he will make it to his 72 birthday.    life.  

FunDad62

Irina I am so sorry.  I wish I had comforting words.

Ran the same for your.  How awful for both of you.

Hugs

adiantum

Hugs Randy... I agree with your wife in not travelling.

Lockdowns could happen at anytime & you could be stuck in limbo.

This year isnt making a good appearence for either you nor Irina

IrinaHarr

135 today, baked dark rye bread yesterday to take my mind off things as it takes long for kneading and handling the dough to rise. Worked a little from home office, went on a short car ride with hubby to check out local park; ploughed but still slippery walking paths after snow storm. 35F today perhaps walking trail will be better around 2pm, I need that.

meyery2k

95 today.  Yesterday's ride was one of the hardest rides ever.  At altitude between 4000 and 7000 feet.  Temp in the 40's - 50's.  Beautifully sunny but very windy.  I nearly was blown off the road a couple times by the stronger gusts.

In the repair photo, I titled this, Cyclists and Muni workers.  2 people working while the rest of us watch and offer generally unhelpful comments.  The story had a good ending as we all had enough kit and ingenuity to get these cyclists (tandem bike) on the road.  

Hawaii has a ranching industry and our ride took us through some of the ranchlands.

Image may contain: text that says '80 100 60 100 120 140 160 80 BRAKE 40 60 180 120 200 40 20 20 220 140 km/h MPH Η OUTSIDE ECO MODE MPG 01/02/2021 01/02/202107:24 01/02'

Image may contain: tree, sky, grass, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor, nature and text

adiantum

7.6 Mike I love how your photos allow us to share those rides  with you, but at 49F... are you nuts? :rofl: