Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
buddy7

Vouchers!

buddy7

I got 2 Amazon vouchers for Christmas, how can you tell the value of the vouchers, one, without going back to the persons who gave them to me. Or before redeeming them to Amazon for purchase.

Why can’t the manufactures of these vouchers, just print the value discreetly somewhere on the face of the vouchers?

Just find this annoying.

Dowling
3 hours ago, buddy7 said:

I got 2 Amazon vouchers for Christmas, how can you tell the value of the vouchers, one, without going back to the persons who gave them to me. Or before redeeming them to Amazon for purchase.

Why can’t the manufactures of these vouchers, just print the value discreetly somewhere on the face of the vouchers?

Just find this annoying.

Google "Amazon's Customer Service phone number" and call them. Give the voucher's code and ask for the value. Many gift cards don't have the value on them and leave it up to the giver to put the value in on the sleeve or voucher . I gave many gift cards for Christmas. Some I printed from their site, Some were paper vouchers mailed to me(they could have been mailed directly) and some were plastic cards. In every case I put the value on them. Those that didn't have a place for the value on them or a place to put it got enclosed in a Christmas card so I could write it in. Of course I started early so I would have tine to do that. Maybe your giver couldn't do that but the solution is a phone call and I find Amazon's customer Service is quick to answer the phone

buddy7

Thanks, Dowling, appreciate the information you have given me. You see, I will be buying tools with these vouchers, that I know the prices of the tools, but I having the foggiest, what’s the value of the vouchers are. Thanks anyway will get in touch with Amazon.

Hammer

I don't know how it is in the countries that you guys are in, but here in the US, they DON'T recommend that you send gift cards in the mail.  It seems that, especially during the holidays, postal workers, most likely temp workers who are hired just for the holidays, will slightly bend envelopes to see if they can feel a gift card in the envelope, and if they do, they will steal the gift card.  

Last year, I sent my brother a Christmas card with a check in it, and I sent his wife the same thing.  Christmas cards typically have a red or green mailing envelope with them, so it's easy to spot them.  When my brother got his card, the envelope was torn open, as was his wife's, but when the thief saw that there were no gift cards in them, the thief sent them on their way. 

I sent a thumb drive to a friend here in my city.  Since the lock down, I couldn't see him in person, so I placed a thumb drive in an envelope and sent it to him.  When he got it, the thief had used a razor knife to cut a slit down the edge of the envelope, remove the thumb drive, and sent the empty envelope on it's way.  I told my friend that I was going to send him another thumb drive, but this time, the thumb drive would contain a nasty virus that would destroy this thief's computer, but he told me not to do that, since the thief would know who he was and might take some type of revenge on him, so I didn't.

Next year, when I send my brother and his wife Christmas cards, I'm going to place a check in each of their cards, place each card in it's envelope, then place those two envelopes in a manila envelope, take it to the post office, and insure it for $1000, that way, if some thief steals it, the post office will owe me $1000, and I can guarantee that they will investigate to see who stole the envelope.  It's pretty sad when the postal employees steal your mail.

buddy7

Hammer! 

I’d be damn right silly to think postal workers are the most honest employees in the world, had a similar problem some years ago, with my new credit card sent through the post which I never received, the postal worker must have flex or bend the envelope to feel it’s contents of what was inside, and the giveaway once he detects it was a card inside, it was never delivered to me. Several weeks later I reported it to my card provider, and they gave me all the details when the card was sent out, anyhow they had no alternative but to replace the card by special delivery, which I got.

Christmas is that time of the year where our postal service “The Royal Mail” do take own quite a lot of temporary postal workers, and to make a point my regular postman wasn’t on duty since the Christmas period, so I’m always vigilant and fearful of any skulduggery from the postal service around that period. I’d tell you how cautious and vigilant I am, weeks before the Christmas, my TV provider had a large cheque to be refunded to me, they told me it was necessary to split the cheque and send them out at different times, that they did. The point is, I never got the first cheque, which their assured me the time and dates it was sent out, the second cheque arrived weeks later in a window envelope, you did not only see my address, but the visual contents of the cheque and the amount the cheque was, all I can say the postman had no problem of reading its contents, but I got the second cheque, no problem.

As a rule, when I send small metal object through the post, I use a padded mailer envelope, where internally is reinforces with bubble wrapped, definitely cost more to mail through the post office, but you’re offered insurance at your choice, ideal for your thumb-drive, But all-in-all I do get an adequate service through the Royal Mail.

But I still can’t get it, why companies like Amazon cannot just print the value discreetly somewhere on the face of the vouchers, probably it’ll just encourage dodgy temporary postal workers to take advantage of their duties, or, you can call it a breach of security. Whichever it becomes a bloody nuisance when you set out to purchase something from Amazon and you don’t know the value of the voucher before you set off to purchase. OK, Amazon does have a customer service, which in my mind is still a lot of messing about.

Dowling
7 hours ago, Hammer said:

Next year, when I send my brother and his wife Christmas cards, I'm going to place a check in each of their cards, place each card in it's envelope, then place those two envelopes in a manila envelope, take it to the post office, and insure it for $1000, that way, if some thief steals it, the post office will owe me $1000, and I can guarantee that they will investigate to see who stole the envelope.  It's pretty sad when the postal employees steal your mail.

I used a padded manila envelope to send gift cards to my son and his wife. I put the gift card in a Christmas card with " Do not open til Dec. 25th" on the envelope. I sent 4 cards in that manila envelope and it cost me $5 to send it. A little more than postage for the 4 cards. I also sent other gift cards in small padded envelopes that way and all got there OK. A padded envelope can't be bent as easily as an unpadded one to reveal the contents. I buy padded envelopes at the dollar store and use them all the time to send things. An envelope costs less to mail than a parcel and I've never had anything sent in them damaged or get lost.

I do print labels to go on the manila envelopes. If you have a problem I suggest you use a little subterfuge. Print labels and make the return address a company thieves would not want the contents of. I regularly get garden seeds in the mail in padded manila envelopes. The the return address could go like this--Your name seeds, then your address