Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
apostasy

Itermittent Fasting/Time-Restricted Eating

apostasy

I just wanted to share that I've been having a lot of success with Itermittent Fasting/Time-Restricted Eating.  I eat low-carb (with the awesome help of my wife) and don't eat any starches or sugars except for a few veggies (medium-starchy veggies like brussel sprouts), but I had fallen off the wagon for about a year where I wasn't using my meter at all and when I started measuring again in the fall, I couldn't get by blood glucose below 230.

I realized I was just snacking through out the day, and with a pretty poor choice: a spoonful of peanut butter and dark chocolate. I'd have it a couple times a day, plus eating lunch and dinner and other snacks regardless of whether I was hungry or not, and regardless of how few carbs I ate, I'd still be in the 200s after most meals and in the morning.  (And I'm really skinny, so I can't lose any weight).

So I tried experimenting with Time-Restricted Eating -- I'll try to stop with snacks at 9pm, and then go as long as I can in the morning without eating (if I get really hungry I'll have a teaspoon of peanut butter -- enough to hold off the hunger that sneaks up on you sometimes in the morning), and it has really lowered my numbers -- I'm consistently at or under 140 in the morning and after meals.

And it's also nice that I feel mentally sharper and overall really good in the morning.  Just very cool, and wanted to share.

Edited by apostasy

CommuniqueDiabetes

Congratulations! I hope that success continues on.

Csonked Out

I have been doing the 16/8 intermittent fasting with great results. I will eat supper about 6 at night and than not eat again until lunch around noon the next day and make sure to get in all my intake between noon and 8pm. I just hate how limited my options are, it's only been 2 months and I am completely over beef jerky and almonds lol as those are the only snacks I have been allowing myself.

meyery2k

I have had great success with cheese, salads with ranch or bleu cheese, eggs, sausage, bacon, high quality fish and other proteins, butter, cream, seasonings, and non-root vegetables.

Yes, you do have to think out of the box a little but I eat better and feel a lot better than I did 10 years ago.