Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Diana_CT

Trulicity

Diana_CT

Since I started Trulicity two weeks ago my appetite has dropped.

I couldn't finish scrambled egg and bacon and just now I could only eat a half of a Ruben. So all day I only ate a half of an egg, two sliced of bacon and a half of a Ruben. I've been drinking water to stay hydrated 

I know that the loss of appetite is listed as a side affect, but has anyone else had a loss of appetite?  And does it come back over time.

Dowling

Diana--I don't think many if any here are on Trulicity. I know I take Januvia and I've yet to come across anyone else here who takes it. I suggest if this continues you talk to your doctor about changing to something else. Not everyone can tolerate every Diabetes med. I know I had a severe reaction to Metforman and that is why my doctor switched me to Januvia. I've been on that since after the first month I was diagnosed and in all these years I have never had any reaction to it. My sister was on something else( I can't remember just what it was right now) but she had trouble with it. I suggested she switch to Januvia and she too has had no trouble with it so I can recommend it if you decide to switch but it's your decision

moneymeister

Hi Diana,

It's been a while! I was just started on Ozempic (simular GLP-1) and I also notice a diminished appetite, or a "full" feeling when eating. I've just started at .25 for 3 weeks. My sister has had great sucess, and is down 28 lbs in 4 months.

Diana_CT
1 hour ago, moneymeister said:

How is it doing with the sugars? How it been working for you in general? 12 pounds is good!

It has lowered my A1C by three to four tenths.

I was on Januvia but that did nothing with improving my A1C, the only thing that it lower was my bank account and I didn't like those numbers.

Edited by Diana_CT

Dowling
7 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

I was on Januvia but that did nothing with improving my A1C, the only thing that it lower was my bank account and I didn't like those numbers.

That only goes to show that different meds effect people differently. My sister and I are both on Januvia 100MG and it keeps our diabetes in check. My sister only says it's working for her but It works great for me. I went on it shortly after I was diagnosed because I couldn't take Metforman. Don't know exactly when that was but it's been over 10 years. In 3 months my A1C fell from 12 to 5.9 and it hasn't been above 6 in all these years. As for cost neither of us pay anything but a small token because it is covered with our drug plan

I hope Trulicity works well for both of you and doesn't break the bank doing it