Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
adiantum

COVID-19 vaccine

Hammer

Here is this doctor, explaining how the vaccines work, and why she is against them.  Fast forward to 3:06 to get to the main topic.  Again, I'm just trying to let people know how dangerous the vaccines are, so take them at your own risk.

Edited by Hammer

Dowling

Hammer---I don't have to see your video to know it isn't the truth. No I wouldn't take the governments word if it was just them and I do not believe the word of just 1 doctor. Doctors are people and any one or even a few people can have opinions that do not follow the facts.. I do believe the evidence and facts. Of the millions of people who have had the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines not 1 person has died or had life threatening consequences. I do believe that reporters would jump all over themselves to broadcast it if they did.

If you know me at all you know that I'm a stickler for doing my own research and these vaccines are no exception. I know I've had the vaccine and except for a tiny bit of soreness of the injection site I feel just fine and the same is true for everyone I know who has had the vaccine. As the old saying says the proof is in the pudding. In other words talk is cheap and facts are facts and the facts prove your video wrong

stevenal

An anti-vaxxer, anti-mask, anti-social distancing, anti-shutdown, anti-government osteopath comes out against the vaccine. How surprising. I especially enjoyed the part where they get to Hitler and the Nazis before discussing the mark of the beast. If they had more time, I'm sure they would have discussed the moon landing and the shape of the earth. 

I get my second dose Friday, so I guess I'm doomed. Nice knowing you all.

Dowling
5 hours ago, stevenal said:

An anti-vaxxer, anti-mask, anti-social distancing, anti-shutdown, anti-government osteopath comes out against the vaccine. How surprising. I especially enjoyed the part where they get to Hitler and the Nazis before discussing the mark of the beast. If they had more time, I'm sure they would have discussed the moon landing and the shape of the earth. 

I get my second dose Friday, so I guess I'm doomed. Nice knowing you all.

Yes doomed to live. Doomed not to have to be on oxygen and still struggling to breathe. Doomed not to die while gasping for breath while your bodily functions shut down. Doomed not to have serious after effects of having Covid. That's the kind of doomed I'm going for too. I want to hug my son and grandkids again and that time is coming when we are all vaccinated and living good lives again. That is my end goal and we are all doing everything in our power to realize that goal.

OSTEOPATH--that's not even a real doctor. Just a glorified Chiropractor. What would he know about infectious diseases--ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Edited by Dowling

stevenal
33 minutes ago, Dowling said:

OSTEOPATH--that's not even a real doctor. Just a glorified Chiropractor. What would he know about infectious diseases--ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Be fair, she read a 19 page study. Everyone can be an expert now with the internet.  😀 

Here's her wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherri_Tenpenny. What's that sound that ducks make?

Dowling

Hammer I sincerely hope no one is going to force you to do anything. I only wish you'd do some research without taking the words of those on sites you've been visiting as gospel. Go to real scientific sites and trusted medical sites like the mayo clinic. Find out how the vaccines were developed and find the year scientists first started working on a coronavirus vaccine. You'll find that that was after the SARS epidemic. Look into what trials were done and the results and if there were any adverse reactions. Then use your common sense to make a decision.

That's exactly what I did before I made up my mind about getting the vaccine. I don't let anyone including doctors or Politicians tell me what to do. When I found out I had Osteoporosis I did my research. Doctors told me not to take too much calcium that I could end up with kidney stones. That didn't make sense to me when my bones were crying out for calcium. The recommended dose of calcium in food and supplements is 1500 MG. I took that much in supplements spaced out trough out the day. I was the author of my own cure. When I was diagnosed with Diabetes I did my research then too and discounted all the medical community told me because it didn't make sense to me. That led me here. In all this I weigh what others say and rely on my common sense to lead me to the truth

I do wish you'd do the same with an open mind searching for the truth

Hammer

Just to mention to everyone who has gotten, or will get the vaccine, remember this....no COVID-19 vaccine so far has been approved by the FDA.  That should give you some comfort.  My issue with the vaccines that are out there is that, there have been no long term studies done on what these vaccines can do to you over time.  Do you want to put your life on the line, hoping that nothing bad happens to you after you take the vaccines?  I mean, you are okay now when you haven't taken the vaccine, but what happens to you after you take the vaccine....3 months from now....6 months from now...a year from now?  If the vaccines had been tested for a long time, and they were found to be safe, then I might consider getting one, but until I see the data on long term effects, I won't be getting any of them....I don't want to die or suffer serious side effects from them, so why would you?

Dowling

Hammer--All 3 of the Covid 19 vaccines used in the USA were approved by the FDA before the CDC approved them for use in the USA. Without the FDA approval the CDC would do nothing. The same process was used in other countries too.

What possible long term effects could you have from boosting the immune system. I do know my allergies were bad before my shot and I haven't taken an allergy pill in 2 days so it helps me in that way as well as protecting me from a deadly disease, so that's a win for me. It took 10 years to develop the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

The mRNA vaccines like those for Covid are the wave of the future. They are already used to treat some Cancers and will be developed for others. Who knows what other debilitating diseases they could cure.

stevenal

Dowling,

I think his point is that they were FDA "authorized" rather than "approved." Emergency use authorization is a different process from normal approval, as it should be.

Dowling

Excuse me for not knowing that but doesn't authorization denote approval of a sort. Would they authorize emergency use if it were not safe? To My mind that's just different words saying the same thing and them covering their a--. My guess is if you are looking for normal approval it would take years and lots of study. Meanwhile millions or maybe billions of people would die instead of half a million and counting in the USA and 2.5 million worldwide. Look at the drop in deaths since the vaccines were started. Look at the drop in nursing home deaths. That would not have happened without the vaccines. I'll bet approval will come when the virus is conquered if not sooner.

Edited by Dowling

Hammer
On 3/30/2021 at 8:24 AM, stevenal said:

Dowling,

I think his point is that they were FDA "authorized" rather than "approved." Emergency use authorization is a different process from normal approval, as it should be.

Yes, to be approved by the FDA, the clinical trials have to last for years to make sure that they are safe.  This vaccine hasn't gone through years and years of clinical trials, so there is no way to know that they are safe over the long term.  I really do hope that they are safe, because I don't want to see anyone have bad side effects from them, but how are those who got the vaccine going to feel if, say, three years from now, they start suffering from blood clots, Bell's Palsy, or lung, heart, kidney, liver or other organ failures, that resulted from the vaccine?  There is no scientific evidence that these vaccines are safe, since they haven't been through clinical trials for a long enough period.  Heck, a good friend of mine told me that one of her co-workers got the vaccine, and less than a day later, he was suffering from terrible headaches, as well as hearing his pulse in his ears, and this guy is in his 30's.  He went to his doctor, who ordered some tests done, and they haven't got the results yet, but the doctor stated that his issues indicated that he was suffering from blood clots.  Another of my friend's co-workers said that his wife got the vaccine, and she now suffers from Bell's Palsy, and she can't close her eyes...even when she goes to sleep.  So, why would I want to take the vaccine?  To possibly ruin my health or kill me?  No thanks, I'll take my chances with avoiding getting the virus.

Eurotoff

Is J&J vaccine already roll out? What brand of vaccine do you find safe?

adiantum

Europe’s drug regulator says it is reviewing rare blood clots in four people in the United States who received Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine.

That  is  out of almost 5 million americans having reeceived the J&J vaccine, 4 have developed serious clotting plus  one that had died during the clinical trials.

J&J are aware of the problem & are working on the issue.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-10/johnson-and-johnson-covid-vaccine-eu-review-over-blood-clots/100060722

Diana_CT

I try to stay away from controversial issues here, but sometimes I feel that I have to speak up

How safe is safe?

1 in a 100?
1 in a 1,000?
1 in a 1,000,000?

I am take Truicity and I just searched for side effects, here is what they say…

The more common side effects of Trulicity can include:
vomiting
diarrhea
abdominal (belly) pain
upset stomach
decreased appetite
fatigue (lack of energy)
nausea*
constipation*
Most of these side effects may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.

* For more information about this side effect, see the “Side effect details” section below.

Serious side effects
Serious side effects from Trulicity aren’t common, but they can occur. Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects. Call 911 if your symptoms feel life-threatening or if you think you’re having a medical emergency.

Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:

New or worsening kidney damage. Symptoms can include:
dark urine
urinating less than usual
shortness of breath
swelling in your legs
Pancreatitis (inflammation in the pancreas).*
Severe digestive problems.*
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level).*
Severe allergic reaction.*
Risk of thyroid cancer.*†

We each either consciously or unconsciously make a decision to take medication or not. Nothing is risk free. We weigh the good verse the bad.

Around the turn of the century I had a very bad cold and I had an important job at work that had to get out so I was take Tylenol and following the instructions on the box. Millions and millions people take Tylenol, and I had taken Tylenol when I had muscle pain, or colds but this time it was different. A co-worker mentioned that I looked yellow. Since it was a week and my cold wasn’t getting better and the Tylenol instructions said to see a doctor if symptoms persist. When I was givng a urine sample I notice my urine was the color of chocolate milk????? 

My liver had shut down.

We each make decisions every day that can have fatal consequences and we do a risk assessment.

Over a hundred million people have taken one form of COVID-19 vaccines or another and I haven’t heard of one death from the vaccine, while over a half a million people have died from the virus I like those odds.

Everyone reading this is in the high risk pool for COVID-19 we all have diabetes.

I made my risk assessment and I had the first shot of the Moderna vaccine in mid-January and my second shot in mid-February. Other than a sore arm I had no side effects. 

Dowling

I find it amazing that people are concerned about the safety of Covid vaccines or any vaccine. Vaccines protect you from serious diseases and death or other consequences. Vaccines have eradicated many diseases like smallpox or polio. Without vaccines many men would be sterile from mumps or have serious disabilities from whooping cough, or measles or get shingles from chicken pox. Now you can get a shingles vaccine that will protect you.

As for the Covid vaccines. If you knew nothing about Covid and someone told you that just by breathing you could die. Would you not ask how to prevent that? That's what it amounts to. When you go into surgery there is a chance you may die. It may be 1 in 10,000 but it is so low you take a chance to fix what is wrong.

There have been almost 600 million Covid vaccine doses administered world-wide and less than 100 severe reactions world-wide which can be treated. No one has died from the vaccine. 2.5 million and counting have died from Covid world wide  and many who have had it and recovered still have symptoms months later That alone should convince you to get the vaccine any Covid vaccine.

Edited by Dowling

Hammer

As I've mentioned before, I will not get the vaccine.  I don't see why people are rushing out to get the vaccine, I mean, why not just wait 6 months to a year to see if there are any bad side effects that may not show up at first?  Yes, vaccines have eradicated many diseases, but those vaccines had been tested for years before being administered to the  public.  That isn't the case with these COVID vaccines.  I see a lot of the members here saying that they got the first shot on such and such a date, and they got the second shot on this other date, and they state that they've had no side effects.  Okay let me know if you still haven't had any side effects a year from now....two years from now.  I'm hoping that you don't have any bad side effects, but I'll wait to see if if the vaccines are safe, but even then, I still won't get the vaccine.  I hated having to get the regular flu shot the past 7 years, and I only got it because my doctor said that it doesn't protect just me, it protects the others around me, and at that time 7 years ago, my grandson was born, so I got the shot to protect him.

Okay, so 2.5 million people worldwide have died from the corona virus, and each year, 1.4 million people die from tuberculosis, so why isn't tuberculosis called a pandemic?  It's fear mongering, I mean, I think that so far, 24 million Americans have gotten the corona virus....that's out of 331 million Americans, so that means that 307 million Americans have NOT gotten the virus, yet the government and news media make this virus out to be another Spanish Flu...as if this virus is going to wipe out the world, when it's not.  Heck, 34 million Americans get the regular flu each year, and a number of them got the flu shot, so 24 million Americans getting the virus isn't something that is news worthy.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from getting the COVID vaccine, I'm just explaining my reasons as to why I'm not getting the vaccine.

adiantum

s'Ok Hammer, I think youve mentioned before that you are not going to get vaccinated. We get it !!!

I posted that link as others were waiting for the J&J brand  & even within that post I mentioned how  rare side effected  were  with particioants.

Perhaps  if waiting for 6 to 12 months we would not be here  then also look at those that dont get vaccinated could become carriers.

In that , I do hope you  isolate  & no more going out to shop or dine.

Tuberculosis had been identified as a pandemic & a  vaccine was administered.

Diana_CT

I got roped into a zoom meeting on the vaccine by my endo. They are going to have doctors explain the vaccines and its side effects and patients talk about their experiences getting vaccines followed by a Q&A... fun. fun, fun. NOT!

Actually it will not be bad, I have worked with her before for the hospital Grand Round about diabetes and my other endocrine problem. At least when it was in-person they feed us nice (It was a six course Italian dinner antipasti, pasta, salad, chicken, pork chops, shrimp, and dessert with an endless bottle of wine. All paid for by a drug company) .

Edited by Diana_CT

stevenal

Big difference with TB; it's bacterial and can can be treated with antibiotics. Just the same, I have heard TB described as pandemic in the world. The 1st world folks in this forum are probably at much lower risk. But if you happen to catch an antibiotic resistant TB strain while already infected with covid, I'd say your outlook was not good.

Eurotoff
On 4/12/2021 at 7:28 PM, halia said:

Oh my, I wonder when will they resume. The incident reported symptoms only for 8 people in Georgia, 11 in Colorado and 18 in North Carolina out of the millions who took the J&J vaccine. Good thing, I'm not yet vaccinated. 

Hammer
On 4/15/2021 at 9:15 AM, Eurotoff said:

Oh my, I wonder when will they resume. The incident reported symptoms only for 8 people in Georgia, 11 in Colorado and 18 in North Carolina out of the millions who took the J&J vaccine. Good thing, I'm not yet vaccinated. 

That's why I keep trying to inform people about what can happen if you get the vaccine.  I'm not a naysayer, I just think that people should know both sides of the vaccines....the pros and the cons.

Dowling

The Science is different for Moderna and Pfizer than it is for J+J and Astrazenica. Out of the millions of doses of the former no problems have been reported.  It may be that the old way of making vaccines is not the best way to go because they do pose a problem with new diseases. It seems the USA is going to go with the Moderna and Pfizer and leave the riskier vaccines to the rest of the world