Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Puja

Exercising with infusion & CGM sensor

Puja

Hi everyone. I've just recently started using the Mini Med 780G insulin pump together with Guardian Link 3 CGM sensors. I previously used AccuCheck Spirit pump.

I'm finding it hard to keep the infusion & sensor stuck to my skin - never had a problem with the AccuCheck infusions. So started using the IV 3000 dressings which seem to be working.

My question is actually about exercise. Anyone have experience with Yoga or Zumba or jogging with this Guardian 3 sensor? I did a Zumba class after starting with sensor and it just feels like it might fall off or move or something. And with Yoga all the twisting - I need some input from others using this devise please.

Thanks!

don1942

I keep a role of Op-site Flexi tape on hand for when I go swimming. I apply it over the sensor/ transmitter and the infusion set. 

ArrowAntoinette

It's really hard to move when something is attached to your body, but eventually, you'll get used to it. Just try not to move fast, keep your actions moderate.

don1942

I play pickle ball with my guardian sensor and infusion set attached to my stomach without any additional taping and have experienced no issues.

2coolChess

The advice that we have read suggests taking the pump off. Intense exercise can lower BG very quickly. Removing the pump to mitigate damage and also stop the insulin flow seems like a good idea.

My brother has SPIBelt to hold the pump in place when he sleeps. SPIBelt makes a SPIBand 5 that he could use to hold the CGMS in place. The 6" version might fit my wrist and the reviews are positive. We'll order that and see how it goes. We still don’t know if the CGMS alarm can be heard above the music.

Edited by 2coolChess