Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
DavG

workout plan

DavG

How do you make a workout plan? I used to train twice a week, now I'm up to four. I train with small weights, I don't do cardio, because I don't want to lose weight, I want to gain muscle. I'm thinking about how to make a better plan for each workout.

Eurotoff

Cardio is still your best bet. A balance between exercises will yield greater results.

CommuniqueDiabetes

I read that in order to have muscle, you have to lose weight. Am I right? And the exercises involved are push-ups, planking, squats, and jogging.

ran23

After my tinnitus was over, I starting swing light hex-bells in front of the computer.  In no time at all, I pumped my 38" chest to almost 40".  so much for a few of my sport coats and suit.  

Dowling
23 hours ago, CommuniqueDiabetes said:

I read that in order to have muscle, you have to lose weight. Am I right? And the exercises involved are push-ups, planking, squats, and jogging.

Just losing weight won't guarantee you'll gain muscle. If you balance exercise and eating well you will lose weight while gaining muscle. Since muscle is built of protein you have to eat enough protein without going overboard and eating too much

2coolChess

If you decide to go to a gym(if it's open there) ask about the cost to work with a personal trainer who has experience working with individuals who have health issues. An individual who can show you how to use equipment is important, but, it is a waste of money if you don't have a trainer who also knows what type of exercise you should or should not do based upon your particular health issues.