Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
AlfredStone

Hello!

AlfredStone

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum,my sister has diabetes and I would like to know more to help my sister.

meyery2k

Welcome!  Please share as much as you are comfortable to about your sister.  Diabetes is a complicated condition and there is really no "one size fits all" answer. ~ Mike

Dowling

Hi and welcome

Read through some of our posts and see if you can get your sister to join us. It is hard to work through a third person. Getting control of your diabetes requires a will to change your lifestyle and follow a low carb high fat diet. It takes some getting used to but the effort is worth while. After a few months if you stick to the diet we don't even miss the things we gave up or we found a way to eat our favorites in a low carb way. However it does take commitment and learning. It takes looking up nutrition contents and reading labels. It takes willingness to cook from scratch because prepared food is loaded with hidden carbs. It is hard at first but gets easier as you go along and the benefits are enormous. I found I felt better and had more energy and I lost weight. The best benefit is that you avoid all the complications of Diabetes. My father-in--law and a cousin died from those complications and I was determined their fate would not be mine. 6 years in I like my lifestyle and I don't feel like I've given up anything important.