Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Gantua

Switching from Victoza to Ozempic

Gantua

I am switching from victoza at a 1.8 dose daily to Ozempic. My Dr. has me starting off on the max dose of Ozempic at 1.0mg weekly.  I'm kind of leery of starting right there, has anyone had any experience switching from victoza to Ozempic at these doses?

adiantum

Hi Gantua. 

I've not  seen Ozempic mentioned here before.

I just looked it up & the tips suggest you stay hydrated

If you are taking medication that is from a group called sulfonylureas or insulin already, your doctor may reduce the dose of your current medications. This will reduce the risk of your glucose levels going too low (hypoglycaemia). You may wish to monitor more frequently when you start taking this medication.

https://diabetesnsw.com.au/blog/introducing-ozempic/

Dowling
7 hours ago, Gantua said:

I am switching from victoza at a 1.8 dose daily to Ozempic. My Dr. has me starting off on the max dose of Ozempic at 1.0mg weekly.  I'm kind of leery of starting right there, has anyone had any experience switching from victoza to Ozempic at these doses?

I can't tell you about your medications I'm on Januvia but I have a question. Have you tried a low carbohydrate high fat diet. We here have found that our diet does more to lower our blood glucose than medications. Although medications may be necessary you can lower the dose you take if you limit your carbs. When you lower your carbs the body switches to fat burning and that's why you have to eat good fats. If you want to try this diet just let us know and we'll guide you through it.

Exercise does help too but it does not have to be strenuous. Just do something active every day. Like going for a walk or bike ride or dancing. I garden in summer and shovel snow in winter and when I'm not busy doing that I take a walk around my neighbourhood or go up and down my stairs a few times. Anything that gets you moving is exercise